movies play in portrait mode on tablet
Hi Folks,

sorry if this is a noob question, but I couldn't find an answer in the forums.

I've just installed the latest XBMC for ARM .apk on a Trekstor Ventos 7 HD tablet
(dual core ARM A9 CPU with Mali-400 GPU, 1GB RAM, 7" @ 1200x800 display).
Edit: the tablet runs on Androiud 4.1 with root enabled from the factory

XBMC app starts fine and I was able to add movies and music from the external SD-card.

Although XBMC "magically" sets the UI to landscape mode (and one can tell that the gyro sensor
is working as the controls follow/flip when the tablet gets flipped by 180 degrees),
all movies are always getting played in portrait mode and I can't get it to change.

....any hints are very much appreciated.

regards,
hominidae

P.S.: I am an android noob and a XBMC beginner (on my htpc),..hopefully you'll figure out what I described above Wink
P.S. #2: thanks for the hard and amazing work put into xbmc!
Huh?

Screenshot for proof, and debug log (wiki), please
...OK...here's the first log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246760

However, the standard Android screenshot only shows the UI portion, not the video Huh
Aeerrr...how do I go about that? Big Grin

Edit:
OK!....while I experimented with taking screenshots, the effect suddenly disappeared....Rolleyes
Here's a log with the same movie playing nicely: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=246790

..in between, I checked settings for Android Keyboard and Display but did not change anything...I remember that auto-rotate was already enabled in display settings, so this shouldn't be the cause.

Edit2: OK...Effect is back...after a restart of the device and starting xbmc the effect is there...I can make it go away when playing the movie with MX-Player app...after that xbmc is doing fine.
Here are the pics..sorry for the poor quality, but my cell phone camera is kinda lotek without AF.

-> with effect:

-> without effect:
...bump.

Anyone of the experts that can help?
Are there any hints in the logfiles that give away the cause of this effect happening?

...anything more I can do to support nailing this bug?

TIA,
hominidae

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies play in portrait mode on tablet0