Release dmMediaConverter v2.1.0 - FFmpeg GUI [Linux/Windows/Mac (wine))]
It would be great if you had an option to change the orientation flag of an MP4 file. I often get MP4 files shot with smartphones with incorrect orientation flag. It seems to be possible to just change that flag with a ffmpeg script (don't ask me how) WITHOUT re-encoding the file.

Also setting multiple in- and out points (with slider to scroll through source file and audio support during sliding) would be great.
Would you be able to support that?
(2015-11-13, 12:02)art2work4 Wrote: It would be great if you had an option to change the orientation flag of an MP4 file. I often get MP4 files shot with smartphones with incorrect orientation flag. It seems to be possible to just change that flag with a ffmpeg script (don't ask me how) WITHOUT re-encoding the file.

Also setting multiple in- and out points (with slider to scroll through source file and audio support during sliding) would be great.
Would you be able to support that?

Hi art2work4,

1. You can do it without reencoding and it is very simple....right click on the video stream and choose "Stream Metadata", then modify or add the key pair value ( EX: rotate=90) as you wish.
Did it work?

2. Sorry but i do not understand. Confused

Thanks.
thanks for reply.
1 that only works while streaming, right, but what if I also want to convert for my smartphone, tablet etc., so for isolated use without KODI?

2 I meant that if I have a long source file that I need to convert into other format with dmMediaConverter, but I only want to keep certain segments. Now I need to select a single in and outpoint, convert the fragment, reload the file and do it all over again. It would be great to have multiple in/outpoints from the same sourcefile (like an edit list) so I only need to load sourcefile once and configure the settings once.
(2015-11-27, 18:10)art2work4 Wrote: thanks for reply.
1 that only works while streaming, right, but what if I also want to convert for my smartphone, tablet etc., so for isolated use without KODI?

2 I meant that if I have a long source file that I need to convert into other format with dmMediaConverter, but I only want to keep certain segments. Now I need to select a single in and outpoint, convert the fragment, reload the file and do it all over again. It would be great to have multiple in/outpoints from the same sourcefile (like an edit list) so I only need to load sourcefile once and configure the settings once.

@art2work4
1. That does not have anything to do with streaming...but metadata of that particularly video stream, so, once you do it it will stay with that file. It is exactly what you need. Just do it. It does not envolve encoding, so it is very quick.
2. You can do it in 3 steps...
1. Convert the whole file with the desired options (Optional).
2. Choose "spit" and add multiple split points (you can add more than one) (QUICK - no reencoding)
3. Using the "merge the same" and add only the desired parts. (QUICK - no reencoding)
I hope this helps.
#dmMediaConverter
hello, how to convert video by frames!? For example: frames (100-250)+(400-600).......
It is not implemented...If you now the framerate you could calculate the time by hand (in Split). In Convert mode in More settings you could enter a desired number of frames. That's all.
#dmMediaConverter
http://dmsimpleapps.blogspot.ro/2014/04/...erter.html
Version 2.1.0 is up

- Now you can have special characters in file names on windows and single quote on linux systems.
- FFMpeg progress output is done on single line.
- Clear settings when done option (default on).
- Split: new Trim mode
- More... no you could manually specify input file format (in case FFMpeg auto detection fails)
- NVENC on Linux x64 and Windows.
- Intel QuickSync on Windows (you must have Intel Media SDK installed). If you manage to get the SDK installed on Linux it should be working also.
- Lots of bug fixing
- Updated FFMpeg binary with latest version
- WinXP - no longer supported. You could use this version with a ffmpeg binary without mfx.

Enjoy and please provide feedback!
#dmMediaConverter
https://dmsimpleapps.blogspot.com/2014/0...erter.html
Version 2.4.1 is up.
Enjoy, donate and provide feedback! Wink
Thank you.

2020.01.05 - v2.4.1 - Added eac3 audio codec
                    - Added set audio bitrate per channel. It is very useful in bulk operation where you can have multiple files with different number of channels. You activate this option in settings. I use it for every job type now and i recommend it turning it on.
                    - Added tunes grain and animation  for x265 like x264 had.
                    - HW Video decoding. You can squeeze some more fps with this. You can find this in Options. 
                    - You can now put some custom option in IN and OUT section of ffmpeg commands. In Options those are permanent, in More.. are only for that run. Use the hints for an example.
                    - Stream disposition. Now you can set like default or forced flag for a stream (audio, subtitle, etc.) Just right click on that stream and you will see the options. Green means default, bold means forced.
                    - Some bugs corrected. Ex. opening the app and had Enabled and Copy columns with width 0.
                    - Updated ffmpeg version. Using 4.2.1 now. For x64 Linux I also provide an separated ffmpeg archive compiled with libmfx support, Intel Quick Sync. You can use this only on Ubuntu version 19.04 and up. You need also to install the necessary librarys.
sudo apt-get install libmfx1 libmfx-tools
On Windows i bundle the up with ffmpeg complied for x64, a little more speed. If you need 32bit then download the provided archive and replace ffmpeg binarys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dmMediaConverter v2.1.0 - FFmpeg GUI [Linux/Windows/Mac (wine))]1