Win download progress information?
hi,have been using xbmc for couple of months and now im hitting niggly problems so i apologise in advance for asking(ive tried search countless times but to no avail).

when i sort a download to happen,video mainly,i get a quick flash of a box saying "download - 0%" and thats it ,i have no idea whats happening there on and have often waited patiently for another message box but it never comes.

am now fed up waiting with no information as to whats going on and have pressed every button in xbmc and i cant find anything to do with notifications or system monitoring at all.

im using win7 64/gotham 13.1 and confluence skin and am definately a noob.

is there a plugin or something that will enable me to veiw/monitor any and all downloads happening through xbmc?.

thanks.
(2014-07-20, 18:36)gregotch Wrote: i apologise in advance for asking(ive tried search countless times but to no avail).
No need to apologies, just read the 'read me first' and posting rules, then have a go at the wiki's. Use Google search with the prefix XBMC 'issue'.

Quote:when i sort a download to happen,video mainly,i get a quick flash of a box saying "download - 0%" and thats it ,i have no idea whats happening there on and have often waited patiently for another message box but it never comes.
more than likely a 3rd party add-on failure. Get a hold of the add-on author for an update of this functionality. XBMC is not in itself a download program, Check here

Quote:am now fed up waiting with no information as to whats going on and have pressed every button in xbmc and i cant find anything to do with notifications or system monitoring at all.
try the keyboard 'O' command while watching videos to see where your bottle necks are..http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

Quote:im using win7 64/gotham 13.1 and confluence skin and am definately a noob.
It shows, read the wiki's and you too will be a glowing guru of multi-media, starting at 'first time user'.

Quote:is there a plugin or something that will enable me to veiw/monitor any and all downloads happening through xbmc?
Just like school, there is no one that can open up your brain and insert information, only you can do that. The debug log is the full report on what XBMC is doing at all times, and is the ultimate tool on a second by second basis of what you need to know.

You have reached a new level of interest in a very exciting future of one of the best software tools on earth, I have given you some tasks & research which will bring new enlightenment and a deeper understanding of the world around, you will become a richer person with a bigger tool box (not toy box) in the end.

Welcome to the XBMC forums.
thank you pat,just what i needed,a structured start, as opposed to my "sort of" understanding and then prodding things plan Rolleyes.

i just need to get the basics and the "language" understood and then ill be happy.

again,thanks muchly for your reply.Cool
hi,
ok have sort of found a workaround,ive found if i alt tab to desktop,wait a minute or two then alt tab back to xbmc it then shows a download progress box.

no idea why,lol,but it works.

ill learn it all one day,when im ninety at this rate.
thanks.
I know this reply seems really late, but it might just help someone now.

Kodi gives you updates on progress in increments of 10-20%. It will appear in the bottom right corner of the Kodi window. You have to be in the Kodi window to view the progress update.

ALTERNATE OPTION:
Windows-open file explorer; go to folder where download is taking place; right click; properties; this will give you a file size of the "current" file.

Check the file size every so often as it will indicate how close you are to the final file size. If the file size seems to be the same, exit that folder to about 3 previous folders, then go back to it and check it again. This should give you a new updated file size.
Hi,
This is ok if you are downloading one file, but if you are downloading many, the once in a while 10%...20%... is not good enough.
The file size is only useful if you knew/remember the final file size.
I seem to remember there was an addon or a place in kodi where you could actually see the progress of each download... have not found it today ;(
Mark.

(2015-10-16, 02:25)DEKOimages Wrote: I know this reply seems really late, but it might just help someone now.

Kodi gives you updates on progress in increments of 10-20%. It will appear in the bottom right corner of the Kodi window. You have to be in the Kodi window to view the progress update.

ALTERNATE OPTION:
Windows-open file explorer; go to folder where download is taking place; right click; properties; this will give you a file size of the "current" file.

Check the file size every so often as it will indicate how close you are to the final file size. If the file size seems to be the same, exit that folder to about 3 previous folders, then go back to it and check it again. This should give you a new updated file size.
I would also like to see more information on the progress of the downloads. I'm sure someone could make something to put into the skin so we can view the progress continually and not interrupt it.
(2018-04-02, 11:40)Robert_9422 Wrote: I would also like to see more information on the progress of the downloads. I'm sure someone could make something to put into the skin so we can view the progress continually and not interrupt it.
 As PatK said above, it's more than likely a 3rd party add-on failure. Get a hold of the add-on author for an update of this functionality. Kodi is not in itself a download program.

This is not skin related, there are plenty of dialog boxes in the skins already, it's an addon issue.
Which addon is giving the problem?

Most (but not all) of the ones that offer this kind of service violate our piracy policy (wiki) and aren't supported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
download progress information?0