• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Youtube Music
Hi everyone,

I've been using YouTube music for quite some time. Since a couple days back, nothing works for me any more. When I try to play anything I get directed to YouTube.com/devicesupport and it just sits there with an incompatibility error. I upgraded from gotham to Kodi 14.1 but same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Same for me.
But no idea how to solve it Rolleyes
(2015-04-26, 03:48)ddzc Wrote: Hi everyone,

I've been using YouTube music for quite some time. Since a couple days back, nothing works for me any more. When I try to play anything I get directed to YouTube.com/devicesupport and it just sits there with an incompatibility error. I upgraded from gotham to Kodi 14.1 but same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Look back one page for temporary fix provided by developer
WORKS GREAT----->THANKS Big Grin
(2015-04-22, 17:44)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2015-04-17, 14:30)dankec2000 Wrote: Any chance to implement option for removing any notification between videos?
Already implemented - see settings. Or do you mean something else?

Here is a quick fix for the "devicesupport" bug - I will update my repo asap.
Beatport and OCC will be available again with the next update...
Thanks.
It work perfect.
Just install and reboot...
Love this addon
Hey all,

So I've also been stricken with this "device support" issue with youtube music. I followed the info and installed the files onto my device however I am still getting the same device support screen.

I also had a heck of a time figuring out how to transfer the files over to my device in the first place as I'm not that technically savvy (I ended up using system- file manager- Profile Directory - addon_data) ... Hope that is the right place...? Oh and I transferred the downloaded files via a USB thumbdrive plugged into the fire tv.

I am using a Amazon Fire TV running Kodi 14.2. If anyone can provide me some straightforward assistance that'd be great.

Thanks!
OK, I installed this and am confused. I'd like to play my yt playlists via kodi, but when I run the add-on, I get another menu that isn't yt. What am I missing?
Hi There,

Trying to use the youtube Music add on. Failing after the streaming dialog.

this is openelec kodi on raspberry pi.

Tried everything. Updated kodi, checked addon updates, switched youtube addon used, always the same result.

Logs at

http://xbmclogs.com/pljrevurf

No doubt I am doing something stupid, HELP!

00:04:48 T:1969565696 DEBUG: WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
00:04:48 T:1969565696 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.spotitube/?url=Wiz+Khalifa+Feat.+Charlie+Puth+See+You+Again&mode=playYTByTitle]
In the interests of seeing how this hangs together, I went for a dig in the code.

Everything seems to be okay until we are in the function cache( url, duration )

It enters the else part of the if statement and attempts to call

content = opener.open(url).read()

Where url is ( I added a space to stop this being a link in the forum )

h ttp://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/videos?vq=ed+sheeran+thinking+out+loud&max-results=1&start-index=1&orderby=relevance&time=all_time&v=2

Looks like that call causes the python script to exit.

I am not that python familiar, so debugging the hard way...

Unless told otherwise, I am assuming this is something I am doing wrong, but any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I did some further digging, spoofing the url sent to opener, and it was good, so it doesn't like the url's getting generated...
Hmmm, is this simply the turning off of youtube API v2?

And now I feel completely stupid. Once I understood the dates the v2 deprecation moved to fully dropped and the line up with the "devicesupport" issue above in this thread, I twigged.

As I was not seeing the "devicesupport" warning I thought this was something different, but now I assume google just turned off more of the v2 responses.

Picking up the temp fix zip from above and its working!

Am I correct in thinking these fixes have not hit the repo?

In the end, I learned a bunch of stuff, how to look at kodi log, where the plugins are, how to edit them, and at least with spam cannon debug get a feel on how it hangs together.

Fortunately it was while looking at the complexity of porting from v2 to v3 I twigged that the device support fix was probably THE fix.

Great stuff, its all an adventure :-)
The plugin is using V2 api of youtube which has retired. We need to use V3 of api .

you could simply ask the youtube web url to get the id .

This seems to fix it :
https://github.com/sualfred/sualfreds-re...lt.py#L634
(2015-06-06, 18:48)alibaba011 Wrote: The plugin is using V2 api of youtube which has retired. We need to use V3 of api .

you could simply ask the youtube web url to get the id .

This seems to fix it :
https://github.com/sualfred/sualfreds-re...lt.py#L634

this helped
Hey guys,

I am running into some troubles lately using the Youtube Music Add-on on OSMC RC3 on a Raspi 2. I use the spotify playlist feature,
as I really really like how it is implemented.

Since this week, however, when I try to access the spotify playlists I get a script error. So I can see all the Lists, like Mood, Party, etc. but I am not able to get to the playlist.
With Billboard I am still able to play everything.

Has anybody also faced this problem already, or is there a fix for that problem?

Thanks a lot Smile
Same prob here hannes.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Hi.

I just wanna say I love this addon.

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option to play the next song automatically. Would be great!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Youtube Music2