• 15(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
(2018-11-28, 20:32)Karellen Wrote: As long as you correctly name and save the artwork and nfo files, kodi will find them.

Thank you so much. Appreciate quick clarification.
Best Regards
Anil Garg
(2018-11-25, 22:49)scudlee Wrote:
(2018-11-25, 22:25)axlt2002 Wrote: @scudlee thanks a lot for your feedback. I have just downloaded the latest nightly of Kodi 18 but the scraper is still at its old state... 

Hah... Yeah... About that... Link (My bad.)

Still, the version that comes with a nightly build will likely be 3.0.6 until someone (probably Martijn) manually syncs it to the one in the repo.
But it should automatically update to the newest version.  
@scudlee thanks a lot, now everything is working perfectly!

Just a question: would it be possible to have the version 3.1.0 of the scraper available also for Kodi 17.6? From the Kodi repository it seems that it does not go beyond version 2.0.7...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2018-11-26, 14:21)scudlee Wrote: However this also includes a little something extra (just for you Wink). 
I took your request for the extra episode thumbnails, and combined it with my random musings on the append_to_response to fetch the episode art in batches of about 10 episodes each per season (it groups them on the tens digit, so 1-9, 10-19, etc.)  I was able to do it that way without using xslt.  It also means I could add the external ids on as well and still be under the 20 append limit (I haven't done that yet, though).

Obviously that's going to add a few more requests per scan.  But a full scan would also spend 9(ish) episodes using the cache before the next request, so hopefully it should keep the rate-limit at bay. 
I managed a full scan of One Piece (19 seasons, 838 episodes) with 127 cached files, and never hit the limit.

Will this change back to multiple episode image make it's way back into the main repo? I was extremely disappointed when Kodi suddenly stopped fetching all the episode images, that's one of the big reasons for using TMDB over TheTVDB, all the nice episode images to choose from.
(2018-11-26, 14:21)scudlee Wrote: If it's just a random glitch, I don't feel any urgency, so here's a quick pastebin fix that makes the gender field optional:
https://pastebin.com/knUeM7Vw
This is broken, it randomly fails to pull episode images. For instance I scan a TV show with lets say 10 episodes it pulls all the episode image for all the episodes except say number 10, I then have to delete the json cache files to get it to rescan and then it will pull all the images except for episode lets say 8. I've tried it on multiple TV Shows some scan fine once then the next time it misses episode images, it seems to be very random.

How do I go back to the original scraper before it was messed with and multiple episode images was removed?
There was a slight typo in the version I posted (which I only noticed well after the fact), it might be related to the errors you were getting (it's certainly in the same ballpark).

This is that version with the typo corrected: https://pastebin.com/hH0rf4wT

I'm currently making more changes along the lines of what I mentioned - i.e. adding external ids and external ratings, so I'd value your feedback on the above version first as they also rely on the same code.
If it's still broken, I'll have to go back to the drawing board and rethink things.

If you do want to go back, you can just copy the original 3.0.6 code direct from the GitHub page
Ok, thanks, I'll give the new version a try and let you know how it goes.
After a quick test on the following two TV Shows The Orville I refreshed episode 12 and no episode image is pulled and Origin (2018) I refreshed the entire show and all episode art is pulled except for the last episode number 10. I've gone back to 3.0.6 that you posted but that seems to be the version that only pulls one image per episode.

Edit:- The version I needed was 3.0.5
Okay, I tried the code I posted (with the minor typo corrected) on The Orville, and you're right, it still doesn't work.  I'm not 100% sure why, I thought that was the only error, but to incorporate the external id stuff, I had already rewritten some of that code anyway, so now I've copied over the relevant part from the new version, and also verified it works for me, so fingers crossed:  https://pastebin.com/Qyg7qmNH (note: this does not include external ids/ratings as they also rely on new settings.)

Here is 3.0.5, if you need it: GitHub link. However 3.0.6 should still have multiple episode thumbs, 3.1.0 was the one that removed them.
(2018-12-06, 22:24)scudlee Wrote: https://pastebin.com/Qyg7qmNH (note: this does not include external ids/ratings as they also rely on new settings.)

After a quick test refreshing a few whole TV Shows and random single episodes that seems to be working fine, Thanks.
(2018-12-03, 15:06)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2018-11-25, 22:49)scudlee Wrote:
(2018-11-25, 22:25)axlt2002 Wrote:  
@scudlee thanks a lot, now everything is working perfectly!

Just a question: would it be possible to have the version 3.1.0 of the scraper available also for Kodi 17.6? From the Kodi repository it seems that it does not go beyond version 2.0.7...

Thanks in advance for any feedback.   
  Sorry for disturbing you @scudlee...just wondering if this is possible. Thanks a lot for your effort.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Sorry, I also don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.  I have been working on getting themoviedb scraper up to feature-parity with thetvdb scraper (which at this point all that's left is just to add an optional alternative fallback language - it currently is hard-coded to fallback to english).

As far as I can tell, the only difference, prior to my meddling, between the Leia and Krypton versions is the extra fanart.tv scraping (the extra logos and such).  That wouldn't actually interfere if you tried to use the 3.0.6 version on Krypton, it just won't add that artwork (automatically).  Plus it's easy to cut out anyway.
HOWEVER, 3.1.0 also added named season scraping, and I have this memory of testing that out when support was first added... and it actually crashing Kodi completely!  I can't remember what version that was, though (it was probably just a nightly build), but it needs testing on Krypton to be safe.
Again, it can easily be cut out if it doesn't work, or worse.

If any brave soul wants to test 3.1.0 on Krypton, preferably on a show with distinct named seasons, e.g. American Horror Story, and report back, it would speed things up, as the language stuff should be fairly easy.
(2018-12-10, 13:18)scudlee Wrote: If any brave soul wants to test 3.1.0 on Krypton, preferably on a show with distinct named seasons,
I tested on v17.6 Windows10 using American Horror Story and 24... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1973-24/se...uage=en-US

No crashes. No distinct season names in Kodi or in exported NFO Files either, but IIRC that is a v18 feature only, isn't it?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Digging through the PRs, it looks like initial support for setting season names directly in Kodi was added back in Jarvis, but setting it from an nfo file (or scraping) didn't get fully worked out until Leia.
It must have been during the Jarvis nightlies when I tried it and it crashed.

Thank you for testing, I'll remove the code for the Krypton backport.
I think it was all fixed with this PR... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/13566
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi,

I am using 2.07 of this scraper with Kodi Krypton and I have extended it such that it allows to set a prefix to the certificated (Rated, FSK) and that it supports using the rating of the given language ("DE" for me). This was quite simple and therefore this scraper is better for me than tvdb.

However, I noticed that the scraper (sometimes?) uses the wrong rating: The regex looks for the term "vote_average", but the first appearance is in the entry "last_episode_to_air", therefore the scraper uses the rating of this last episode instead of the rating of the show. Try "Homeland" for example. I tried to fix that, but due to my limited knowledge in regex for the scrapers I cannot find a solution.

Since the term "vote_average" (and "vote_count", of course) appear multiple times after the tvshow rating, I already tried several expressions without success, including

xml:

<expression>(?:last_episode_to_air":.*?\}).*vote_average"Sad[^&quot;]*)</expression>
<expression>(?:last_episode_to_air":\{[^\}]*\}).*vote_average"Sad[^&quot;]*)</expression>

My idea is to skip the section after "last_episosode_to_air {}" and use the next "vote_average". However, the expressions mentioned above only return the value of the last appearance of "vote_average", not the next after "last_episode_to_air". The problem seems to be that ".*" combining the first and the second part. Any hints?

As far as I have seen, newer versions of the scraper do not fix this issue, right?

Tolot
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2