• 19(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
(2019-07-25, 00:10)mara.pavelka Wrote: Sorry, now withous smilies:

Changed line #102 from 
xml:
<expression>&quot;vote_average&quot;:([^,]*),</expression>
 to 
xml:
<expression>&quot;type&quot;.+?&quot;vote_average&quot;:([^,]*),</expression>
and line #105 from 
xml:
<expression>&quot;vote_count&quot;:([0-9]+)</expression>
to 
xml:
<expression>&quot;type&quot;.+?&quot;vote_count&quot;:([0-9]+)</expression>
If you use 
Cleaned that up for you.
(2019-07-25, 07:08)mara.pavelka Wrote: PR submitted.
Great thanks.

Just tested it and receiving different results. Still not the rating as shown on the main page of the show...

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 

It's weird. I'm testing it now and for me it works fine. I can't figure out from where your values came from Sad
(2019-06-14, 12:39)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-06-14, 12:30)ashlar Wrote: ? I have lots of tv shows already scraped with TVDB, if I change the scraper do I need to re-scrape or is it ok to just add new stuff as it comes?
If you scraped with TVDB, then your database holds the <episodeguide> from TVDB, which will not work for TheMovieDB. You need to Refresh the show. No need to refresh the episodes. Once you run the Refresh the new <episodeguide> URL will be downloaded, and you can continue adding new episodes.

Now that TVDB screwed up yet another forced up(down?)grade, I'm finally switching to TMDB. Thank you @Karellen for the good news that only a TV show refresh is needed, not a refresh of each individual episode. Now if only there were as simple a way of moving all my TVDB edits to TMDB. Confused
just got an update for this scraper and now not only does tvdb not work  this doesn't either
Since TVDB started crashing Kodi, I switched to this TV scraper. I deleted my TV sources, added them again and try to scan with  TheMovieDB TV Show scraper. It's really slow, and still tries to connect to the tvdb? From the log:

7:19:06.488 T:13468   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 0 for https://thetvdb.com/api/*/series/*/banners.xml
07:19:06.488 T:13468   ERROR: ADDON::CScraper::Run: Unable to parse web site
07:19:06.490 T:13468   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting
07:19:38.260 T:13468   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Timeout was reached(28)
07:19:38.260 T:13468 WARNING: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Reconnect, (re)try 1

The log is filling with these. It seems to be working though, but really slowly because of this. 

I'm using Kodi 17.6 because I need DSPlayer, but a regular install is scraping on my server to mysql database. Why would it still need TVDB website?
@IT007

It doesn't need to access TVDB. It is something in your setup that is forcing it to.

We need the full log. The snippet tells us nothing of use.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-07-25, 00:10)mara.pavelka Wrote: Sorry, now withous smilies:
Use the syntax tags in the forum editor if you want to properly display code.
Code itself is prone to display forum smilies.

Edit: never mind, I see that Hitcher already did that before me.
(2019-06-12, 16:59)ashlar Wrote: Is there a discussion somewhere explaining why the default scraper has been changed from TVDB to TMDB?
(2019-06-12, 18:19)jjd-uk Wrote: It's been done due to various issues. [...]

I have struggled a little over the change of the default scraper from TVDB to TMDB:
(2019-08-24, 17:47)schapplm Wrote: The key `idShow` in the tvshows table of the WatchedList database was only referring to the field `imdbnumber` of the JSON output, which from retroperspective is not a good choice for a unique identifier of watched status.

I have to decide, which unique identifier to use for a database of watched TV shows. Previously, always the media ID of the default scraper was used and there was no problem if this stayed the same (TVDB). Now I have media IDs from different scrapers mixed up. Lots of TV shows have two unique IDs in the database: tvdb and tmdb; but the field `imdbnumer` always shows the tmdb ID, if existing. Some shows also have (solely) "unknown" scraper, one has "imdb".

My question: Does the TMDB TV show scraper also store the TVDB ID in the Video Library? And regarding the issues with the TVDB site: Should I use the tmdb uniqueid as a default key or is it save to stick with the tvdb uniqueid?
Yesterday the scraper could not scrape Mindhunter (TV Series).
The show is obviously present on the website https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/67744-mind...uage=en-US
But it constantly kept asking me for the TV Show title when trying to scrape that folder. Had to use "change content" and use TVDB for that folder and everything got scraped correctly.

PS
I'm a Netflix subscriber. But my Xbox One S doesn't switch to 24Hz, so Kodi.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Looks like you need to add the year for tmdb scraper. ie Mindhunter (2017)
(2019-08-25, 11:49)Hitcher Wrote: Looks like you need to add the year for tmdb scraper. ie Mindhunter (2017)
I did that in the requester that came up. It didn't make a difference. Or is it something that needs to be in the folder name and you cannot force it manually when you refresh?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
What version of Kodi are you using?
I have problems with scraping two shows with same name, DuckTales (1987) and DuckTales (2017).

It all gets messed up and it never gets the correct year of making/series. 

Folders, which are separated on my hdd, are named like above (which should be correct as far as I know)

I've tried to manually update/search but Kodi gives me two options and both are DuckTales (1987). I've tried them both obviously.

Any ideas?
@arbetaren

Please provide the links to the two movies at the scraper site.

= Edit =
Ok, found them and I can confirm that the (2017) version is not found by the scraper.

It can be added to the library if you add a Parsing NFO file as described here... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo Use this method to add this title to your library.

Maybe @olympia may have time to look at why this show is a problem, but I suggest using the above method instead of waiting for a fix.

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/720-duckta...uage=en-US
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/72350-duck...uage=en-US
My Signature
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2