• 20(current)
Release TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)
@Karellen and @arbetaren

When I have "DuckTales.2017.S01E01" file in "DuckTales (2017)" folder, right click on the folder in "Videos" and select "Scan to Library", it offers me both 1987 and 2017 version. When I choose 2017 version, it gives me right result. I have TMDB scraper v3.1.3.
Hello @mara.pavelka

Well that is interesting because the show is now found by the scraper whereas yesterday it was not found for me, and the other member. Maybe some glitch at TMDB?

Thanks for the advice Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Need some help with the tmdb scraper for TV shows. I tried searching for a similar issue but couldn't find any posts about it.

Description of the issue:
When scraping a show which has multiple certifications, it seems that only the first element of the results array is being chosen.

My language setting for the tmdb scraper is set to english. Kodi interface language is also english - not sure if that matters or not.
However, for a lot of shows I am getting incorrect certification even when US certification is listed on tmdb page for the show.
The results array has countries sorted alphabetically so unlikely that US rating will ever get a chance Confused.
Not alphabetically sorted it seems (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/82953-dyna...uage=en-US). Getting the US rating as expected:
json:
{
    "results": [
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "US",
            "rating": "TV-PG"
        },
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "GB",
            "rating": "PG"
        },
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "NL",
            "rating": "9"
        }
    ],
    "id": 82953
}

The Sopranos (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1398-the-s...uage=en-US). The German (DE) rating is scraped and displayed in Kodi GUI.
JSON:
json:
{
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "DE",
            "rating": "16"
        },
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "GB",
            "rating": "18"
        },
        {
            "rating": "TV-MA"
        },
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "NL",
            "rating": "16"
        }
    ],
    "id": 1398
}

Another show (https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/65334-mira...uage=en-US). The first country is AU (Australia??) in this case with a 'G' rating and sure Kodi GUI shows a 'G' rating.
JSON:
json:
{
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "AU",
            "rating": "G"
        },
        {
            "rating": "TV-Y7"
        },
        {
            "iso_3166_1": "BR",
            "rating": "L"
        }
    ],
    "id": 65334
}
@monisriz

That is a known issue, and you are the first to report in a very, very long time.

As far as I can tell, it stems from TVDB that only uses American MPAA ratings at their site. Seems when TheMovieDB scraper was written, the fact that TheMovieDB is more flexible with ratings may have been overlooked and no setting for country ratings was included.

Hand editing nfo files, using Chorus2 or direct edit of the database are three methods of fixing the ratings.

I know, it should not be this way but we are transitioning from xml to python scrapers and both are in limbo.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I can't seem to find an option to "also add IMDB ratings" through this scraper for TV shows too (series, seasons, episodes) . Through TVDB scraper and TMDB for movies I'm able to do this.
The series (Narcos:Mexico) is identified correctly by TMDB scraper but only the ratings from TMDB are (understandably) shown. With no option to add anything else. This is not helpful, since there are not many votes/ratings in TMDB for series, especially for episodes.
Am I overlooking something?
(2019-09-30, 21:37)tryfos79 Wrote: I can't seem to find an option to "also add IMDB ratings" through this scraper for TV shows
There is no option for it in this scraper.

Instead you can install this add-on to add IMDB ratings and ID's... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342

Two versions are available. I suggest you use v3.5.1 as v4.0.0 trades accuracy for speed. Make sure you enable the setting "set IMDB ratings as default".
My Signature
(2019-09-30, 23:26)Karellen Wrote:
(2019-09-30, 21:37)tryfos79 Wrote: I can't seem to find an option to "also add IMDB ratings" through this scraper for TV shows
There is no option for it in this scraper.

Instead you can install this add-on to add IMDB ratings and ID's... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316342

Two versions are available. I suggest you use v3.5.1 as v4.0.0 trades accuracy for speed. Make sure you enable the setting "set IMDB ratings as default".

Thanks for the answer. May I ask why IMDB ratings are not included in the shows add-on too? I mean, since they are supported in the movies add-on, wouldn't a port to shows be relatively easy?
About v.4 of IMDB lite, what do you mean when you say it trades accuracy for speed? Aren't its ratings accurate?
v3.5.1 checks the IMDB ID of every single episode one at a time, so it always finds the correct episode if the IMDB ID is available. This is slower.

v4.0 checks the IMDB ID of the tv show then just collects all the ratings for the episodes in bulk. If you use DVD order for your episodes, or if you have re-arranged your episodes from Aired Order, then the ratings will be applied to the wrong episode. This is much much faster.

Sorry but I don't know why the developer scudlee chose not to include IMDB ratings in this scraper. No new features are being added to these scrapers until v19.
My Signature
Hi there, 

I recently got problems on 3.1.3.
Since I rebuild my hardware Kodi won't fetch data for newly added episodes from before added shows anymore.
This only happens on normal library updates. 
Only when I refresh the whole show the new episodes show up.

I'm on Mac OS 10.15 Kodi v19 (Maybe this is a Matrix issue?)

Somebody know a solution?
Item 1e... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336969
My Signature
TheMovieDB TV Show scraper is not scrapping all the cast of a TV show: 
It scraps only the Regular Cast of the last season in the show to represent all TV show cast. Example, there are only 8 Regular Cast in Season 8 of Arrow (2012) according to TMDB. KODI shows only these 8 cast for the entire TV. See image below.
Leaving out Felicity Smoak is a total disaster for Arrow fan. Only because she is not listed as a Regular Cast in the last season, she is left out in the entire show despite being a Regular cast in all the other seasons.

This is even worse in Smallville (2001) where only 4 cast are listed. Lex Luthor, Chloe Sullivan and Lana Lang do not appear anywhere in the entire show. This can make a fan cry, for what is Smallville without Lex or Chloe?

I am using version 3.1.3 on KODI 18.4

Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Yes I have noticed missing actors also.

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger scrapes only 3 actors out of the 20+ listed actors.
My Signature
(2019-10-15, 10:20)Karellen Wrote: Yes I have noticed missing actors also.

Marvel's Cloak and Dagger scrapes only 3 actors out of the 20+ listed actors.
If there is no temporary workaround found then I will just be patient. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next version of TheMovieDB TV Show scraper in KODI 19.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Tedious workaround on how to add missing cast:
1. Delete .nfo files (if available) of the TV show you want to rescan 
2. Do a full Scan from the internet of the TV show including episodes into the library with TMDB.
3. Export the TV show to NFO files (ignore thumbs and fanarts). Do not overwrite existing files if you have .nfo for other movies and shows.
4. Load the TV show to tinyMediaManager (tmm) using the exported NFO files. I prefer tmm because it keeps your NFO files intact, doen't mess them up.
5. Do not rescrape the TV Show in tmm. It should be able to extract all the information from NFO files.
6. Edit the show by adding more actors/actress using tmm. You can also add image and profile URLs. On the bright side, you do not have to add all the missing cast, only the most critical yet missing or your favourite.
7. Reload/Refresh TV show in KODI. Do not scrap from the internet, load from found local information (NFO). Scrap TV show only, ignore episodes unless you edited the episodes.

NOTE: For some reason tmm loads actors thumbs from IMDB, if you prefer images from TMDB include the image URL when adding the actors in tmm. KODI will download actors thumb from the URL. Make sure tmm does not download images to folder .actors, it will still download wrong images even with the correct URL and KODI will prefer the images from actors folder and not download.
Actors thumbs from IMDB can be quite disappointing sometimes.
Yep, that is one way of adding extra actors.

Another way is to add the following to the nfo file and fill in the values as shown. A bit more tedious if trying to add lots of actors.
xml:
<actor>
<name>Harrison Ford</name>
<role>Han Solo</role>
<order>0</order>
<thumb>http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/original/7CcoVFTogQgex2kJkXKMe8qHZrC.jpg</thumb>
</actor>

(2019-10-15, 13:04)TimeZone Wrote: If there is no temporary workaround found then I will just be patient. Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next version of TheMovieDB TV Show scraper in KODI 19.
Yep, that is all you can do for now. Scrapers are in a state of limbo because XML is being phased out for Python scrapers, so no more XML scraper updates, but nobody has completed a working python scraper for tv shows yet.
My Signature
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB - TV Show scraper (XML)2