Disable power button (case) handling in xbmc
Hi,

I use arch linux and the current version of XBMC (13.1). I think I have this system since 11.0 and except some minor issues everything works great. Usually the system either runs or is in suspend. I put it to suspend with the power button on the case and can wake it up the same way. Suspend is triggered by the XFCE power manager and works fine.

However, since a month or so XBMC does not survive a suspend/resume cycle. It crashes right before goes into suspend. Tonight I tried to investigate and I found out that XBMC does not crash if I suspend the system using systemd, however it does so, using the power button. Right before it crashes I see XBMC popping up the power menu (as a response to the power button). However, I do not want XBMC to react on the power button at all. Is there a way to disable XBMC's handling of these events?

Thanks in advance,
Karsten
remap the <power> key to noop
Is there any way for Kodi to ignore the power button but let the windows manager or desktop manager handle it? I've configured XFCE so that when the power button is pressed it will hibernate, and in Kodi's keymap.xml I have:

Code:
<power>Hibernate</power>

What I want to do is to be able to press the power button and have the machine hibernate, and when I resume the machine I want Kodi to continue playing whatever it had been playing before hibernation.

RIght now this works OK if Kodi is not running full screen, ie when I press power button, the system hibernates - and pausing whatever Kodi is playing at the time - when I press power button again to resume system, Kodi continues playing.

But if Kodi is running full screen, when I press the power button Kodi STOPS whatever it is playing, the system hibernates and when I resume, Kodi does not continue playing.

I've also tried:

Code:
<power>noop</power>

But when Kodi is in full screen, this does nothing, it "eats" the key and doesn't pass it onto the desktop manager.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable power button (case) handling in xbmc0