• 27(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Smile 
Thank you!
Hug from Brazil.
it worked out right
I like!!
(2018-01-22, 11:16)Mli1102 Wrote: Hi, first of all i like to say thank you for your awesome work and plugin.
I have a problem when im using the tidal beta 16 plugin with openelec 17.3 and my hifiberry dac on a pi3, while using the addon and playing music system is booting automatically. That only happend when using the add on. Do you have any ideas? Thanks and Regards Martin
 Hello. I have the same problem: // LibreELEC (Leia) 9.0.1 MR, Clean install, Tidal2 Beta 18, Raspberry Pi 3, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro RCA. Please help: /
Although I am very happy with the Tidal2 app which I use on OSMC on a Pi 2+ in combination with an Audiophonics Sabre DAC, I recently came across a problem. There is a substantial pause in between tracks (up to 30 sec). I have upgrade OSMC and am now on Kodi 18.1-RC1. I have a fast internet connection (> 60 Mbps). I have discovered that I can tweak the moment the Tidal2 app starts buffering the next track by changing the crossfade time in Settings/Player/Music, but even at its max (15 sec) there is still a substantial delay in between tracks. This of course kills any playback that is supposed to be gapless.
The strange thing is that the problem  more or less comes and goes, but recently it has become very severe.
The problem is not the network, because I can use Tidal on other devices with dedicated apps without any problem. 
It looks as if it is a combination of a not too fast device (the Raspberry Pi) and the Tidal server which is slow in delivering the content through the API that is used by Tidal2. 

Does anybody have a suggestion how to solve this problem?

Frans
I bought a new Raspberry Pi (3B+) and that fixed the problem.

Frans
(2019-05-16, 17:16)Frans6681 Wrote: I bought a new Raspberry Pi (3B+) and that fixed the problem.

Frans

What system?
(2019-05-18, 19:02)LukaszQ Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 17:16)Frans6681 Wrote: I bought a new Raspberry Pi (3B+) and that fixed the problem.

Frans

What system?

As I said, it is a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an Audiophonics Sabre DAC hat. It runs on the latest version of OSMC and I use Tidal2 to stream the music. The DAC is connected to a NAD amplifier and the system is completed with Quad speakers.
I have always been very impressed by the music quality that is produced by this system (but obviously I am not the most objective judge here).

Frans
Thanks for your sharing. It is a really useful tool. But I am worried about whether Tidal will take actions to end apk just like Spotify. My Spotify account is terminated because of using Spotify apk. 
In order to lower the risk of experiencing the same tragedy, I also try to find a converter to download and convert Tidal tracks into my local music folder. Recently, I just installed AudFree Tidal Music Converter, it works well as the plugin that you recommended. Every converted song from Tidal is saved Hi-Fi quality as the original one. And I will continue comparing these two tools to see which one is better. Hope to see more recommendation of Tidal music ripper or other good ways to download Tidal tracks locally.
Hi guys

Since yesterday I've been getting an "Error 401 user does not have a valid session" when I try to access my play lists or search for an artist / song etc. Anyone else getting this?

(I don't have Tidal running anthere else at the time)

Cheers
Great add on, excited to get it reproducing MQA on my system, I am using a raspberry pi 4, into my Cambridge Audio Dac Magic, I know it’s not MQA capable, but on my Nvidia Shield via optical it lights up the 96 light when MQA selected, the Pi is used with Tidal2, it’s connected via USB to the DAC, which gives audio but does not light up the 96 light, I have all the settings correct as far as I can tell but am unsure if it would work USB?
(2019-09-08, 12:03)_fdc_ Wrote: Hi guys

Since yesterday I've been getting an "Error 401 user does not have a valid session" when I try to access my play lists or search for an artist / song etc. Anyone else getting this?

(I don't have Tidal running anthere else at the time)

Cheers
I did this morning. Probably something wrong at the TIDAL server end. I simply logged out and logged back in again and all was well. This also happened over a year ago and the same fix fixed the problem.
Same for me.

Since today in the morning I can't login. Tidal Error 401: User do not have a valid session
I logged out, logged in, changed my password via Smartphone, nothing worked. I deinstalled incl. the settings. I reinstalled and I can use the demo mode now. After setting my login data, I can't get the full mode. The Hardware ID is still empty, I thought this was set automatically. Where can I get the ID?! Thanks in advance!
(2019-09-09, 12:05)SmoothR Wrote: Same for me.

Since today in the morning I can't login. Tidal Error 401: User do not have a valid session
I logged out, logged in, changed my password via Smartphone, nothing worked. I deinstalled incl. the settings. I reinstalled and I can use the demo mode now. After setting my login data, I can't get the full mode. The Hardware ID is still empty, I thought this was set automatically. Where can I get the ID?! Thanks in advance!
No one who can help me?! Sad
(2019-09-09, 16:16)SmoothR Wrote:

Hi

Silly question but can I confirm that you are using the TIDAL2 add-on by Arneson? Everything working here for me. Just tried logging out and back in again and all is well.

The API key is something that is automatically assigned if removed or empty from new install. I have also just removed the API key, logged out and logged back in again and a new one has been assigned.

If we are discussing the TIDAL2 add-on here then I am sorry to say that these tests do seem to indicate that the issue you are experiencing is confined to an issue locally, perhaps with your equipment. Alternatively, a problem with your subscription. 401 Errors are produced when your sub is inactive. You can log into TIDAL to see your subscription status (https://my.tidal.com/login) or try an alternative app on your mobile or tablet with your creds to see if you can play tunes from there.

Hope this helps.

Steve
(2019-09-09, 16:38)Steve100 Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 16:16)SmoothR Wrote:

Hi

Silly question but can I confirm that you are using the TIDAL2 add-on by Arneson? Everything working here for me. Just tried logging out and back in again and all is well.

The API key is something that is automatically assigned if removed or empty from new install. I have also just removed the API key, logged out and logged back in again and a new one has been assigned.

If we are discussing the TIDAL2 add-on here then I am sorry to say that these tests do seem to indicate that the issue you are experiencing is confined to an issue locally, perhaps with your equipment. Alternatively, a problem with your subscription. 401 Errors are produced when your sub is inactive. You can log into TIDAL to see your subscription status (https://my.tidal.com/login) or try an alternative app on your mobile or tablet with your creds to see if you can play tunes from there.
Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, I'm using Tidal 2 since one year, with the Kodi 18.
2 days ago I don't have any problem with my equipment and the software, either. It started today in the morning with These problems. With my Smartphone I don't have any issue. It just the problem with the Tidal 2 addon from Arneson. Thx in advance!
(2019-09-09, 16:59)SmoothR Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 16:38)Steve100 Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 16:16)SmoothR Wrote: No one who can help me?! Sad  
Hi

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi Steve,

thank you very much for your answer.
Yes, I'm using Tidal 2 since one year, with the Kodi 18.
2 days ago I don't have any problem with my equipment and the software, either. It started today in the morning with These problems. With my Smartphone I don't have any issue. It just the problem with the Tidal 2 addon from Arneson. Thx in advance! 
Unfortunately, my tests and your confirmation that there is no problem with your subscription would lead us to conclude that the issue is with your endpoint device.

Another way of confirming this for yourself is to install Kodi 18 on a separate device like your Windows or Mac machine and install TIDAL2 via the Arneson repository. I am sure you will find that all is well and functional, confirming that the issue is with your existing endpoint.

Messaging Arneson directly and offering your logs may also help if he is available. It certainly is a strange issue as the rare issue you describe is usually always fixed by logging out and in. The fact that the API key will not automatically populate could also be indicative of your issue. I'm going to assume that your device can access the internet fine and that you have reset your internet router to rule out the possibility of NAT blacklisting which affects everyone with certain brand routers.

Here is a unique API key you can use. It may help you diagnose your issue. Sorry I cannot be of any further help. Without being in front of the device, I am limited to what I can do but Arneson could probably understand and diagnose via the logs.

API Key: 3f35e9db5581e5bf

NB: This API key may also only work by assignment to an existing TIDAL account so I don't know if this will help or not.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8