• 8(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Just started using TIDAL here in the states in search of something to replace Spotify, I installed the 1.1.0 version of the app on Kodi on my Fire TV Stick. Installed ok, got my login information in, able to login, see my "favorites", search, etc.

I'm able to play music (set to "Lossless", or as TIDAL calls it, HiFi). No complaints! Works so much better than Spotify's "spotty" Connect feature, and I don't have to use my phone or laptop!

Great work dev's, thanks so much for this work!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
I've coded some additions to both these add ons (The WiMP and Tidal versions).

My additions allow the streams to be played via the users external player of choice. The player must support internet streaming, obviously. It will also need to support the format the streaming files are encoded in.

Examples are: J River Media Center, Foobar2000 and HQPlayer Desktop.

All these players allow you to do a lot of things to improve the quality of the streams, such as equalisation for digital room correction, up sampling, conversion to DSD; etc.

These features are really for Audiophiles, which is why I've called them that.

IMPORTANT: Please note these features only come into effect with the "Audiophile" option turned on in add-on settings. With this option turned off, the add-on functions exactly the same as if they weren't there. I have kept the "Audiophile" features completely separate.

I would really like to see these features incorporated into the "official version" whichever that is, because there are several kicking around here. I've tried to acknowledge everyone who's contributed. If I've left anyone's name out please let me know, so I can add it in the appropriate parts of the code.

I realise these features are for a niche audience who care obsessively about sound quality and that's why they are there as an additional option only.

I'll be grateful for anyone who could test these out.

Here's the link https://github.com/geofstro/master

Thanks,

geoff
(2015-04-02, 16:08)geofstro Wrote: I've coded some additions to both these add ons (The WiMP and Tidal versions).
geoff

Hi Geoff,

Just went to checkout the changes, but looks like you are just using GIT to hold the zipped versions of the addons.
Therefore, seeing the code changes isn't possible.

You really should consider forking the source, then cloning this locally.
Copy over your changed files.
Then push the changes to your repo.

This way, people can see the code changes.
You can also then do pull requests back to the add-on to have it put into it.
(2015-03-31, 02:28)matthuisman Wrote: I have made some modifications

1) Added Video support
2) Login / Logout now works better (Only shows Login if not logged in and refreshes on login / logout)
3) Change to TIDAL branding and TIDAL default service (Wimp can still be chosen via settings)
4) Add auto login option
5) Hide 'Local Artists' etc if in TIDAL mode

Current Video Sections Supported:

Artist -> Videos (After Top Tracks)
What's New -> New Videos (After New Tracks)

https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tidal
https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tida...master.zip

matthuisman, is the version available through Kodi the latest update? I'm running on a FireTV Stick, and wondering if I need to manually install from github to get the latest, or if it should be the version I can download through Kodi.

thanks!
(2015-04-08, 17:37)IndieRockSteve Wrote: matthuisman, is the version available through Kodi the latest update? I'm running on a FireTV Stick, and wondering if I need to manually install from github to get the latest, or if it should be the version I can download through Kodi.

thanks!

Just download https://github.com/matthuisman/kodi-tida...master.zip and go to addons install from zip file
(2015-04-01, 13:27)takoi Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:07)theli_ua Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:00)matthuisman Wrote: Well, the original name was just wimp (name of the other service)
I am on TIDAL, so thought it would be nice to have it as a TIDAL name / logo etc.
So, it's not like I have ripped off his add-on and changed his name for it.
The name was just the name of the service.

Wimp can still be selected in settings.

I think you will find a big influx of TIDAL uses shortly as it's launching in more countries, so made sense for me to do it.

Oh, I was wondering about the local music sections.
I might just hide them if it's in TIDAL mode.

Wonder if TIDAL will bring in own music - that's all that is missing for me
well, renaming to something like "WIMP/TIDAL" would be the best imo (along with a service icon which is half tidal half wimp)
we might want to consider moving more functionality to modules and have a thin "branding" addon for each. If they start diverging a lot though it will become increasingly difficult to maintain one for both. Contribute to wimpy at least so everyone will benefit.
Read on wimp.no today they're moving everyone over to tidal and shutting down the 'wimp' brand. I guess we can do the same now and maintain only one version. Wimp was a stupid name anyway. Smile
(2015-04-09, 18:35)takoi Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 13:27)takoi Wrote:
(2015-03-31, 23:07)theli_ua Wrote: well, renaming to something like "WIMP/TIDAL" would be the best imo (along with a service icon which is half tidal half wimp)
we might want to consider moving more functionality to modules and have a thin "branding" addon for each. If they start diverging a lot though it will become increasingly difficult to maintain one for both. Contribute to wimpy at least so everyone will benefit.
Read on wimp.no today they're moving everyone over to tidal and shutting down the 'wimp' brand. I guess we can do the same now and maintain only one version. Wimp was a stupid name anyway. Smile
Yeah, was just to post that .. Smile
hooray, only one, "TIDAL" plugin ... when we can expect that in official repo, takoi?

PS: countries previously served by wimp are now listed for tidal https://tidalsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-u...-countries
I hope they bring in the ability to add your own music to TIDAL.
That would make it EPIC!
I don't know if this is the place to make requests, but here goes nuttin'....

I'm playing an album in my "Favorites", I'd like to see what other albums the artist has, I hit the menu button, but one of the options is not "See Artist", or similar. Could this be a thing?

Also, in most of the listings by album, the artist isn't shown, so I can see the name of the album, but I have no idea who the artist is. Could the listing show "<artist> - <album>", or "<album> - <artist>" (depending on which makes more sense for the current area being viewed).

thanks!
I live in Sweden and seem to be having problem with the authorization protocol?
First it wouldn't log me in but eventually I got that working, I can't play any music though. I get authorization failed every time I try?
I'm running kodi on a RPi 2...
Login in on my iPad usng chrome works fine.
I downloaded the addon from the official repository, am I missing something?
(2015-04-13, 10:19)markusA Wrote: I live in Sweden and seem to be having problem with the authorization protocol?
First it wouldn't log me in but eventually I got that working, I can't play any music though. I get authorization failed every time I try?
I'm running kodi on a RPi 2...
Login in on my iPad usng chrome works fine.
I downloaded the addon from the official repository, am I missing something?
Do you have access to lossless, or selected 'high' in settings if you don't? Otherwise you'll get that error.
I tried all three quality settings but I don't have a subscription atm. I used to have a wimp hifi account but quit that a little while ago. So, for the time being I was hoping for low quality free streaming. Smile
So unless I have a active subscription I won't be able to use it? Not even on low quality?
I'm not aware of any free optionSmile
Huh, I'll have to look into that. I thought the low quality account was free? Maybe things have changed?
It would suck if I had to go for Spotify just to get the free service. My own music collection is big enough to satisfy my need for CD quality, but sometimes I'm feeling lazy.
I have no idea. Maybe it was a Sweden only thing? If you can't login and get it working at http://play.wimpmusic.com/ or http://listen.tidalhifi.com/ it centrally wont work in the addon.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8