Release - TIDAL music (former WiMP)

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
omerrell Offline
Heeeeelp, I recently updated my Kodi to Krypton 17.3 and while my Tidal app worked great before hand,now it won't play music or videos at all. I have installed and Uninstalled both my Kodi and Tidal addons several times,I have also tried to load Tidal through more then one source with the same results. Could someone please explain what I could be doing wrong, or if anyone else had similar issues,how did you fix it. I can log into my tidal account and look at my playlists,but when I try to play songs, it seems to get stuck trying to load and then I get an error message.
find quote
arneson Offline
(2017-06-29 09:09)omerrell Wrote:  Heeeeelp, I recently updated my Kodi to Krypton 17.3 and while my Tidal app worked great before hand,now it won't play music or videos at all. I have installed and Uninstalled both my Kodi and Tidal addons several times,I have also tried to load Tidal through more then one source with the same results. Could someone please explain what I could be doing wrong, or if anyone else had similar issues,how did you fix it. I can log into my tidal account and look at my playlists,but when I try to play songs, it seems to get stuck trying to load and then I get an error message.

Hello omerrell,

do you use the TIDAL Addon from the official Kodi Repository ?
This Addon doesn't work correctly anymore, because TIDAL changed the Login method.

My TIDAL2 Addon should work correctly. Yo can install it through my repository which you can install with this zip: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-0.1.2.zip

Or you can use a version from here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...dio.tidal2

If you still have problems, please post the last lines from the Kodi Logfile and describe which hardware and software platform you have.

arneson
find quote
omerrell Offline
Thank you Arneson,I'm new to all this so I'm not sure about the software I'm using,but my Kodi is installed on a Amazon Fire stick. Each time I tried to add your repository link, I got a message saying it couldn't connect. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong,but I've downloaded other repositories and addons with no problem,so I just can't figure out why tidal is the only one that doesn't work.
find quote
arneson Offline
(2017-06-29 16:01)omerrell Wrote:  Thank you Arneson,I'm new to all this so I'm not sure about the software I'm using,but my Kodi is installed on a Amazon Fire stick. Each time I tried to add your repository link, I got a message saying it couldn't connect. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong,but I've downloaded other repositories and addons with no problem,so I just can't figure out why tidal is the only one that doesn't work.

Do you use the "Install from Zip"-Method to install my repository ZIP-File ??

Otherwise you can install the Addon itself with the "Install from Zip" Method using this ZIP-File: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta15.zip
My Addon has some dependencies. The Script Addons requests, routing and unidecode are normally installed automatically.

After you installed my Addon you have to reduce the "Max. number of list items per page" in the Addon Settings,
because large lists consume a lot of memory. A good value is 100.

I hope that can help you to get TIDAL working on the Fire Stick.
arneson
(This post was last modified: 2017-06-29 16:38 by arneson.)
find quote
luki2202 Offline
@arneson
Can you tell me how to change the font color to white?
find quote
arneson Offline
(2017-07-15 17:56)luki2202 Wrote:  @arneson
Can you tell me how to change the font color to white?

If you don't want colors at all, you can disable it in the Addon settings "Extended" and disable "Use Colors in Labels".

If you only want to change/remove a color, you to modify the source file "koditidal2.py" in the plugin folder "plugin.audio.tidal2/resources/lib".

The colors are defines in the method "setLabelFormat":
Code:
class ColoredListItem(HasListItem):

_colored_labels = True if addon.getSetting('color_mode') == 'true' else False

def setLabelFormat(self):
        HasListItem.setLabelFormat(self)
        if self._colored_labels:
            self.FOLDER_MASK = '[COLOR blue]{label}[/COLOR]'
            if self._favorites_in_labels:
                self.FAVORITE_MASK = '[COLOR yellow]{label}[/COLOR]'
            else:
                self.FAVORITE_MASK = '{label}'
            self.STREAM_LOCKED_MASK = '[COLOR maroon]{label} ({info})[/COLOR]'
            if self._user_playlists_in_labels:
                self.USER_PLAYLIST_MASK = '{label} [COLOR limegreen][{userpl}][/COLOR]'
            else:
                self.USER_PLAYLIST_MASK = '{label}'
            self.DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_MASK = '[COLOR limegreen]{label} ({mediatype})[/COLOR]'
            self.MASTER_AUDIO_MASK = '{label} [COLOR blue]MQA[/COLOR]'

If you want to have the default color for folders, change the FOLDER_MASK to
Code:
self.FAVORITE_MASK = '{label}'

arneson
find quote
lar60 Offline
anyone using this in kodi 18. it wont log me in. im using win 10 64 bit. tryed 32 and 64 bit kodi. it works fine in kodi 17.3.
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-27 03:39 by lar60.)
find quote
Legolover Offline
Late Reply to post #300

Beta15 worked like a charm! Videos back on line!

Thank you, and sorry for my late response.

Intel i5 4690, 16GB RAM, 250GB M.2 SSD(OS), 1x 1TB WD Green, 3x 2TB WD Green, 2x 3TB WD Green, intel HD4600
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, DVBLink server 6.0.0 TVSource 6.0.0 , 4xDD DVBC tuners, Kodi 17.2RC1
find quote