• 21(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Heeeeelp, I recently updated my Kodi to Krypton 17.3 and while my Tidal app worked great before hand,now it won't play music or videos at all. I have installed and Uninstalled both my Kodi and Tidal addons several times,I have also tried to load Tidal through more then one source with the same results. Could someone please explain what I could be doing wrong, or if anyone else had similar issues,how did you fix it. I can log into my tidal account and look at my playlists,but when I try to play songs, it seems to get stuck trying to load and then I get an error message.
(2017-06-29, 09:09)omerrell Wrote: Heeeeelp, I recently updated my Kodi to Krypton 17.3 and while my Tidal app worked great before hand,now it won't play music or videos at all. I have installed and Uninstalled both my Kodi and Tidal addons several times,I have also tried to load Tidal through more then one source with the same results. Could someone please explain what I could be doing wrong, or if anyone else had similar issues,how did you fix it. I can log into my tidal account and look at my playlists,but when I try to play songs, it seems to get stuck trying to load and then I get an error message.

Hello omerrell,

do you use the TIDAL Addon from the official Kodi Repository ?
This Addon doesn't work correctly anymore, because TIDAL changed the Login method.

My TIDAL2 Addon should work correctly. Yo can install it through my repository which you can install with this zip: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-0.1.2.zip

Or you can use a version from here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...dio.tidal2

If you still have problems, please post the last lines from the Kodi Logfile and describe which hardware and software platform you have.

arneson
Thank you Arneson,I'm new to all this so I'm not sure about the software I'm using,but my Kodi is installed on a Amazon Fire stick. Each time I tried to add your repository link, I got a message saying it couldn't connect. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong,but I've downloaded other repositories and addons with no problem,so I just can't figure out why tidal is the only one that doesn't work.
(2017-06-29, 16:01)omerrell Wrote: Thank you Arneson,I'm new to all this so I'm not sure about the software I'm using,but my Kodi is installed on a Amazon Fire stick. Each time I tried to add your repository link, I got a message saying it couldn't connect. I'm sure I'm probably doing something wrong,but I've downloaded other repositories and addons with no problem,so I just can't figure out why tidal is the only one that doesn't work.

Do you use the "Install from Zip"-Method to install my repository ZIP-File ??

Otherwise you can install the Addon itself with the "Install from Zip" Method using this ZIP-File: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta15.zip
My Addon has some dependencies. The Script Addons requests, routing and unidecode are normally installed automatically.

After you installed my Addon you have to reduce the "Max. number of list items per page" in the Addon Settings,
because large lists consume a lot of memory. A good value is 100.

I hope that can help you to get TIDAL working on the Fire Stick.
arneson
@arneson
Can you tell me how to change the font color to white?
(2017-07-15, 17:56)luki2202 Wrote: @arneson
Can you tell me how to change the font color to white?

If you don't want colors at all, you can disable it in the Addon settings "Extended" and disable "Use Colors in Labels".

If you only want to change/remove a color, you to modify the source file "koditidal2.py" in the plugin folder "plugin.audio.tidal2/resources/lib".

The colors are defines in the method "setLabelFormat":
Code:
class ColoredListItem(HasListItem):

_colored_labels = True if addon.getSetting('color_mode') == 'true' else False

def setLabelFormat(self):
        HasListItem.setLabelFormat(self)
        if self._colored_labels:
            self.FOLDER_MASK = '[COLOR blue]{label}[/COLOR]'
            if self._favorites_in_labels:
                self.FAVORITE_MASK = '[COLOR yellow]{label}[/COLOR]'
            else:
                self.FAVORITE_MASK = '{label}'
            self.STREAM_LOCKED_MASK = '[COLOR maroon]{label} ({info})[/COLOR]'
            if self._user_playlists_in_labels:
                self.USER_PLAYLIST_MASK = '{label} [COLOR limegreen][{userpl}][/COLOR]'
            else:
                self.USER_PLAYLIST_MASK = '{label}'
            self.DEFAULT_PLAYLIST_MASK = '[COLOR limegreen]{label} ({mediatype})[/COLOR]'
            self.MASTER_AUDIO_MASK = '{label} [COLOR blue]MQA[/COLOR]'

If you want to have the default color for folders, change the FOLDER_MASK to
Code:
self.FAVORITE_MASK = '{label}'

arneson
anyone using this in kodi 18. it wont log me in. im using win 10 64 bit. tryed 32 and 64 bit kodi. it works fine in kodi 17.3.
Late Reply to post #300

Beta15 worked like a charm! Videos back on line!

Thank you, and sorry for my late response.
Intel i5 4690, 16GB RAM, 250GB M.2 SSD(OS), 1x 1TB WD Green, 3x 2TB WD Green, 2x 3TB WD Green, intel HD4600
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit, DVBLink server 6.0.0 TVSource 6.0.0 , 4xDD DVBC tuners, Kodi 17.2RC1
arneson,

For feature requests, is it better to request here or via your github?

Thanks!
Kodi v17.6 on Asustor NAS
Kodi v17.6 on Fire Stick v2
(2017-09-02, 14:45)IndieRockSteve Wrote: arneson,

For feature requests, is it better to request here or via your github?

Thanks!

Hello IndieRockSteve,

I think, this forum is the right place for that.
But if you prefere github you can also post a change request to my github project https://github.com/arnesongit/plugin.audio.tidal2
Tidal2 add-on in Kodi is crashing when Windows user profile folder contains special characters, such as the Nordic character å in this case.
I'm using Windows 10 and Kodi 17.4.

From the Kodi log file:

11:19:53.082 T:5628 WARNING: JSONRPC: Could not parse type "Setting.Details.SettingList"
11:19:53.149 T:5628 NOTICE: initialize done
11:19:53.149 T:5628 NOTICE: Running the application...
11:19:53.150 T:5628 NOTICE: starting upnp client
11:19:53.153 T:9368 NOTICE: ES: Starting UDP Event server on port 9777
11:19:53.153 T:9368 NOTICE: UDP: Listening on port 9777 (ipv6 : false)
11:19:53.753 T:5400 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\H�var\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.tidal2\service.py", line 22, in <module>
from resources.lib.koditidal2 import TidalConfig2
File "C:\Users\H�var\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.tidal2\resources\lib\koditidal2.py", line 27, in <module>
from koditidal import HasListItem, AlbumItem, ArtistItem, PlaylistItem, TrackItem, VideoItem, PromotionItem, CategoryItem, FolderItem, Quality
File "C:\Users\H�var\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.tidal2\resources\lib\koditidal.py", line 50, in <module>
_addon_icon = os.path.join(addon.getAddonInfo('path'), 'icon.png')
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\ntpath.py", line 85, in join
result_path = result_path + p_path
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
11:20:09.183 T:5628 NOTICE: Storing total System Uptime
11:20:09.183 T:5628 NOTICE: Saving settings
11:20:09.191 T:5628 NOTICE: Saving skin settings
11:20:09.197 T:5628 NOTICE: stop all
11:20:09.197 T:5628 NOTICE: stop player
11:20:09.197 T:5628 NOTICE: ES: Stopping event server
11:20:09.197 T:5628 NOTICE: stopping upnp
11:20:10.156 T:9368 NOTICE: ES: UDP Event server stopped
11:20:10.466 T:5628 NOTICE: clean cached files!
11:20:10.482 T:5628 NOTICE: closing down remote control service
11:20:10.482 T:5628 NOTICE: stopped
11:20:10.683 T:5628 NOTICE: destroy
11:20:10.683 T:5628 NOTICE: unload skin
11:20:10.718 T:5628 NOTICE: unload sections
11:20:10.720 T:5628 NOTICE: special://profile/ is mapped to: special://masterprofile/
11:20:10.721 T:5628 NOTICE: application stopped...
(2017-09-07, 14:04)Morpio Wrote: Tidal2 add-on in Kodi is crashing when Windows user profile folder contains special characters, such as the Nordic character å in this case.
I'm using Windows 10 and Kodi 17.4.

Hello Morpio,

the TIDAL2 Addon had a Unicode problem while working with the addon settings in the users home folder.
I created a new Version of the Addon which should fix this problem.
The new Version is V2.0.0-beta16 is here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta16.zip
My TIDAL2 Context Item Addon had the Unicode Problem too. The Update is here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...0.1.10.zip
If you use my TIDAL2 Repository, the Addons will updated automatically.

Thanks for the error report ! This makes my Addon better ;-)

arneson
Hi guys

I have a problem with the Tidal app on openelec 17.3 running on a cubox.
everything is working fine with the app until i try to actualy play the songs, then kodi frezes up and reboots.

the last entry related to the issues in crashlog:
ERROR: Unable to lookup host: 'rtmp.stream.tidalhifi.com app=cfx'

inputstream addons are enabled.

Are there any issues with tidal on kodi, or should the app work?

Regards
Prilly
(2017-09-20, 10:42)prilly Wrote: Hi guys

everything is working fine with the app until i try to actualy play the songs, then kodi frezes up and reboots.

Regards
Prilly

Hello Prilly,

I made the experience that the RTMP Inputstream Addon causes Kodi to crash if an RTMP stream is played with the TIDAL2 Addon.
The MacOS version of Kodi 17.X and LibreELEC 8 plays RTMP streams without the RTMP Inpustream Addon.

It seems that you have enabled the "Music Streaming Option" "RTMP-Protocol for High/Low Quality" in the TIDAL2 Addon Settings.
Please try another option like "FLAC 16-bit". This option enables HTTP Streaming, also with "Music Quality Option" "High (320 kBit/s)".
HTTP Streaming works better than RTMP !

I hope this helps.
arneson
(2017-09-20, 18:43)arneson Wrote:
(2017-09-20, 10:42)prilly Wrote: Hi guys

Regards
Prilly

Hello Prilly,

I made the experience that the RTMP Inputstream Addon causes Kodi to crash if an RTMP stream is played with the TIDAL2 Addon.
The MacOS version of Kodi 17.X and LibreELEC 8 plays RTMP streams without the RTMP Inpustream Addon.

It seems that you have enabled the "Music Streaming Option" "RTMP-Protocol for High/Low Quality" in the TIDAL2 Addon Settings.
Please try another option like "FLAC 16-bit". This option enables HTTP Streaming, also with "Music Quality Option" "High (320 kBit/s)".
HTTP Streaming works better than RTMP !

I hope this helps.
arneson

Hello Arneson

Thank you for your time to respond. I see you are refering to the TIDAL2 addon, this addon is not listed in official repository for kodi. I am currently using the official TIDAL addon, this addon dont have such settings you are refering to, only quality, user and password is available as a configuration option under the apps settings.

Iam curious to why there are 2 addons for the same service, are there any problems to contribute to a single project?

For me its not possible to use other apps then what is currently distributed by the official repository. also if there is problems with the official TIDAL app it should be marked BROKE, if the problems only occure on specific kodi versions the app should be limited to working versions through addon.xml http://kodi.wiki/view/Addon.xml#version_attribute_2

Are there any insight to when or if the official tidal app is updated and working again?

EDIT: i did bite in the dust and installed your TIDAL2 addon, this addon works very good. Please keep up the good work with maintaining it.
My suggestion is to contact the kodi official repository to have you addon included, replacing the non working TIDAL app.

Prilly
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8