• 26(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Update : Given up on the Shield.  Got Kodi alpha up and running on the QNAP and then installed this (awesome) add on to there.  QNAP correctly allowed picking of the USB device as output and from there it all worked.  I picked the settings suggested to best match, limit upsampling to 192KHz, fixed volume; also set music setting to no volume equalisation etc etc.

I can live with using a different device for this - happy bunny

Thanks
P.s. interesting that the option to pick the DAC as output avaioaava on the qnap wasn't available on the shield at all. Also the limit to Hz (e.g. 192Hz) option wasn't there
removing some logcat notes as clearly a shield issue from what I'm seeing.  Shield always upsampling/resampling stereo when connected to USB regardless of Kodi setting
I'm still hoping to get help regarding the widget shortcut problem. Here's the corresponding part of the log:

12:45:11.128 T:963531632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'routing.RoutingError'> Error Contents: No route to path "/album/" Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/addon.py", line 748, in <module> plugin.run() File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 115, in run self._dispatch(path) File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 128, in _dispatch raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path) RoutingError: No route to path "/album/" -->End of Python script error report<-- 12:45:11.448 T:971924336 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/ 12:45:11.449 T:1937125392 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/) failed

Furthermore I would be very glad if we could get support for the new 'My Mix' category that was introduced by TIDAL yesterday.

Thanx again...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2018-12-18, 11:46)C.O.D. Wrote: I'm still hoping to get help regarding the widget shortcut problem. Here's the corresponding part of the log:

12:45:11.128 T:963531632 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<-- - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS! Error Type: <class 'routing.RoutingError'> Error Contents: No route to path "/album/" Traceback (most recent call last): File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/addon.py", line 748, in <module> plugin.run() File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 115, in run self._dispatch(path) File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.routing/lib/routing.py", line 128, in _dispatch raise RoutingError('No route to path "%s"' % path) RoutingError: No route to path "/album/" -->End of Python script error report<-- 12:45:11.448 T:971924336 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/ 12:45:11.449 T:1937125392 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/album/) failed

Furthermore I would be very glad if we could get support for the new 'My Mix' category that was introduced by TIDAL yesterday.

Thanx again...

Hello everybody,

I made a new version of my TIDAL2 Addon to improve Kodi 18 compatibility.
You can download the Version V2.0.0-beta18 from here or if you installed it from my TIDAL2-repository you will get the update automatically.

It contains following changes:
  • Fixed Artist Bio
  • Using new SquareImage property of Playlists as Cover Image
  • Removed TIDAL Discovery, because it is not supported anymore
  • Added Menu "Suggestions for me" to show Suggestions from the TIDAL Homepage
  • Show "Release Date: mm/dd/yyyy" in label if album release date is in future and Addon Setting "Show Album Year in Labels" is enabled.
  • First Changes für Kodi 18.x compatibility:
      - BusyDialog is not allowed anymore, using DialogProgressBG instead
      - xbmc.abortRequested is depricated, now using xbmc.Monitor().waitForAbort()
      - Adding 'music' infos to Video items
      - Removed '%s' from any line in strings.xml
      - Plugin folder items now end with '/', otherwise ActivateWindow() in favorites won't work
@C.O.D. :
You can find the "My Mix" category in "Suggestions for me".
Please try if your widget shortcut problem is solved.

A happy new year everybody !
arneson
(2019-01-01, 18:07)arneson Wrote:
(2018-12-18, 11:46)C.O.D. Wrote: I'm still hoping to get help regarding the widget shortcut problem. Here's the corresponding part of the log:

Thanx again...

Hello everybody,

I made a new version of my TIDAL2 Addon to improve Kodi 18 compatibility.
You can download the Version V2.0.0-beta18 from here or if you installed it from my TIDAL2-repository you will get the update automatically.

It contains following changes:
  • Fixed Artist Bio
  • Using new SquareImage property of Playlists as Cover Image
  • Removed TIDAL Discovery, because it is not supported anymore
  • Added Menu "Suggestions for me" to show Suggestions from the TIDAL Homepage
  • Show "Release Date: mm/dd/yyyy" in label if album release date is in future and Addon Setting "Show Album Year in Labels" is enabled.
  • First Changes für Kodi 18.x compatibility:
      - BusyDialog is not allowed anymore, using DialogProgressBG instead
      - xbmc.abortRequested is depricated, now using xbmc.Monitor().waitForAbort()
      - Adding 'music' infos to Video items
      - Removed '%s' from any line in strings.xml
      - Plugin folder items now end with '/', otherwise ActivateWindow() in favorites won't work
@C.O.D. :
You can find the "My Mix" category in "Suggestions for me".
Please try if your widget shortcut problem is solved.

A happy new year everybody !
arneson

Hi arneson,
everything's fine now - thank you very very much and a happy New Year to you!
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Thank you and Happy New year to you too
Love this app! I was wondering with a few of the android apps now getting MQA first unfold if there is any hope to have this app perform that or using an app on my android phone.  I've been playing with roon but it is a bit pricey for me right now. 

Also what is the best way to control this via phone/tablet?  I could use yatse but was hoping to use the main tidal app if possible.

Thanks again for the hard work.
Hi -    do you know where the ratings come from in Tidal addon or are they coming from kodi scraper?   they seem a bit odd, e.g.  Oasis definitely maybe  (the track) may not be to everyone's cup of tea,  but = 1!     also e.g.   Blur parklife = 2

I'm not too concerned but the "reccomendations for me" seem quite dubious. full-of RnB and with occasional Eminem to save the list, but the rest not that smart at all.
Also do you know if it's possible to get addin music available in the native skin?  I'm thinking integrated a bit more across both stream and local sources like roon..

Currently I'm using my local library combined with you fuzzy search because the tidal recommendations are so poor.

thank you
p.s. setting ratings in tidal tracks fullscreen mode,  +/-,  are forgotten on leaving track and going back again.
(2019-01-27, 22:42)crypticc Wrote: p.s. setting ratings in tidal tracks fullscreen mode,  +/-,  are forgotten on leaving track and going back again.
 Hello crypticc,

my TIDAL2-Addon uses the rating points from TIDAL and puts them into each list item (album, track, video, playlist, etc.).
thankyou

Is it the right way up? What I would think would be 5* / 10 is rated "1" in the Addon.  What I would expect to be 1 or 2 comes out at 9 or 10.
Arneson,
thank you for the TIDAL2 plugin.

Thank to it I can listen TIDAL using LibreELEC 9.0 on Raspberry Pi + HiFiBerry DAC PRO+.

Please contact me, I'm ready to send you a small donation.

W.
(2019-02-02, 18:08)crypticc Wrote: thankyou

Is it the right way up? What I would think would be 5* / 10 is rated "1" in the Addon.  What I would expect to be 1 or 2 comes out at 9 or 10.
 Hello crypticc,

The Kodi info label "rating" has a value between 0 and 10 and TIDAL has a property called "popularity" which value goes from 0 to 99.
I set the rating in the following way to display the rating:
python:

infoLabel.update({'mediatype': 'musicvideo',
                  'rating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0)),
                  'userrating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0))
                  })

So a "popularity" of 99 will be shown as 10 stars.

arneson
(2019-02-18, 20:57)arneson Wrote:
(2019-02-02, 18:08)crypticc Wrote: thankyou

Hello crypticc,

The Kodi info label "rating" has a value between 0 and 10 and TIDAL has a property called "popularity" which value goes from 0 to 99.
I set the rating in the following way to display the rating:
python:

infoLabel.update({'mediatype': 'musicvideo',
                  'rating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0)),
                  'userrating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0))
                  })

So a "popularity" of 99 will be shown as 10 stars.

arneson 
 Thank you again. Something for me to look into then because I'm definitely getting upside down ratings. I note that is when my own rating of a track outside of Kodi is say, 8 then it comes up as one star until I bump it up again.
I'll check some logs and that rating addin to see what it saves down
  • 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8