• 28(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
Hi Steve,

I hope I can try it today in the evening.
This is really weird. Everything works fine in the last months. I'm not having any issue, today I have...
(2019-09-09, 17:28)SmoothR Wrote: Hi Steve,

I hope I can try it today in the evening.
This is really weird. Everything works fine in the last months. I'm not having any issue, today I have...
Thank you Steve! Smile
Hi Steve,
hi to all!

Now, finally I made it Smile
Tidal 2 works!!!
Now, I have another issue.... I don't know why and how but it'there.... The best quality I can reach is ALAC 16/44... I have a HIFI Abo, and set 1. Music Quality: MQA/FLAC/ALAC and 2. Music Streaming Option: FLAC/MQA 24 (Master Audio). After that I get the message: Streaming Options changed... New login? Yes! It takes a second and I'm logged in again.
But It don't changed to FLAC. I always have ALAC even in the MQA files. Before I always had for example 24/44 or 24/48...

Do somebody know this issue and what I have to do, right now?

THX!
(2019-09-09, 21:09)SmoothR Wrote: Hi Steve,
hi to all!

Now, finally I made it Smile
Tidal 2 works!!!
Now, I have another issue.... I don't know why and how but it'there.... The best quality I can reach is ALAC 16/44... I have a HIFI Abo, and set 1. Music Quality: MQA/FLAC/ALAC and 2. Music Streaming Option: FLAC/MQA 24 (Master Audio). After that I get the message: Streaming Options changed... New login? Yes! It takes a second and I'm logged in again.
But It don't changed to FLAC. I always have ALAC even in the MQA files. Before I always had for example 24/44 or 24/48...

Do somebody know this issue and what I have to do, right now?

THX!
I have to say, that the Tidal App over my Win 10 Desktop having no problems to play the MASTER files. THX a lot in advance for helping me!!! Big Grin
Nobody with a solution or a similar issue? Sad
Smile 
Hi everybody,

nice to hear that my Addon is used from so many users.

A TIDAL login session can become invalid if you don't use it for a while or if you use another player instead of the Kodi addon.
The easyest method is to logout and login again to get a new session id.

To understand the session id, here is a short description how my addon handles the login sessions:

To access the users TIDAL content the addon has to logon to the TIDAL servers. This is done by the users name, his password, a "unique hardware id" and an "API token".
The "unique hardware id" identifies the player hardware. I don't known how the TIDAL apps for Android and IOS generates this id. My Addon generates a random hexadecimal number, stores it in the Addon settings and uses this for each new login Nod
The "API token" identifies the TIDAL client software. There are different API tokens for IOS, Android, Web-Browser, Audirvana and other TIDAL clients.

Each API token has different characteristics, for instance:

• A login with the IOS player token gets AAC for lossy and ALAC for lossless playback. ALAC works with MQA streams but they are not shown as "authenticated" within my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC (no blue LED).
    And music videos are played as HLS streams with max. 1080p resolution. >> That is ok.
  • A login with the Android token gets AAC for lossy playback and FLAC for lossless streams, but not with MQA quality. Music videos are streamed over HTTP with only 720p resolution !
    So an Android session is not usable for MQA streaming and full HD music videos. But if the TIDAL servers are overloaded or you have a slow internet connection, the music video streaming over HTTP is the better choice because Kodi can read the stream into its large playback buffer. The HLS playback buffer in Kodi is not very large.
  • Using the Audirvana API token the Addon gets AAC for lossy and FLAC streams with correct MQA contents (Blue LED on the Meridian Explorer 2 lights up).
    But if a playpack URL for a music video is requested, the TIDAL servers returns only an audio stream. That is, because the Audirvana Player can't play music videos Sad
  • With the Web-Browser token it is not passible to play lossless streams, because they are encrypted, and the Lossy playpack with AAC works with the RTMP protocol.

So how it is possible for my TIDAL Addon to stream MQA with full quality and play music videos with 1080p resolution ?
The answer is: 2 Login sessions at the same time !

If you activate FLAC/MQA in the Addon settings the addon generates two login session ids with two API tokens, one to play FLAC/MQA and one to play music videos.
So if you play a music video, the addon uses the IOS login session and if you play a music track, it uses the Audirvana login session.
Browsing through the TIDAL library and the users content is also done with the IOS login session, because the Audirvana session can't handle Videos in playlists !

If you activate ALAC without MQA within the Addon settings, the Addon uses only one Login Token (from IOS) because it can play ALAC and music videos in 1080p !

I hope, this helps you to understand, why you sometimes need to logout and login again.

Arneson
Dear Arneson,

thanks for your reply!
Now I understand a little bit more about the handling.
I tried it very often to login and logout to get the MQA, like I had have the last months before, but I don't get it back.
If I choose only FLAC I get FLAC. If I choose ALAC I get ALAC, if I choose MQA 24 / FLAC I get ALAC, everytime...
And I don't know how I can fix this issue, cause I never had have this kind of problem.

So, if I understand you correctly the only way is to try to logout and login? There is no other possibility?
(2019-09-10, 17:13)SmoothR Wrote: Dear Arneson,

thanks for your reply!
Now I understand a little bit more about the handling.
I tried it very often to login and logout to get the MQA, like I had have the last months before, but I don't get it back.
If I choose only FLAC I get FLAC. If I choose ALAC I get ALAC, if I choose MQA 24 / FLAC I get ALAC, everytime...
And I don't know how I can fix this issue, cause I never had have this kind of problem.

So, if I understand you correctly the only way is to try to logout and login? There is no other possibility?
Hi SmotthR,

today I logged out and in again to get new session ids.
Now I also get ALAC streams. Before I got FLAC/MQA.

TIDAL obviously changed the behaviour of the Audirvana playback.
I have to test now, how to get back the "real" MQA streams Sad

Arneson
Me too Arneson. Since logging in and out Kodi now displays APPLE. Strange of TIDAL to change the integration from under us but somehow I am not surprised. Thanks as always for your hard work and diligence.
(2019-09-08, 15:06)iworm Wrote: Great add on, excited to get it reproducing MQA on my system, I am using a raspberry pi 4, into my Cambridge Audio Dac Magic, I know it’s not MQA capable, but on my Nvidia Shield via optical it lights up the 96 light when MQA selected, the Pi is used with Tidal2, it’s connected via USB to the DAC, which gives audio but does not light up the 96 light, I have all the settings correct as far as I can tell but am unsure if it would work USB?
Would The Shield being on Android do the first unfold and Kodi not, would this be why I appear to get a lesser quality stream?
(2019-09-10, 21:13)Steve100 Wrote: Me too Arneson. Since logging in and out Kodi now displays APPLE. Strange of TIDAL to change the integration from under us but somehow I am not surprised. Thanks as always for your hard work and diligence.

Hi Steve100,

I found out that the Audirvana login token doesn't work anymore. So the login with this token returns with the error "illegal token". This can also be a temporary problem with the TIDAL servers.
IF MQA playback is configured in the TIDAL2 addon, the second login with the Audirvana token fails and it uses the first login session for playback.
If this first login uses the IOS token, all lossless streams will be ALAC streams which are also lossless and able to play in high resolution (24 Bits) with "Master" tracks.
My Meridian Explorer 2 DAC can decode this also with 96 and 192 kBit/s but not with the blue LED which means "Authenticated".
For everybody who don't have a hardware MQA decoder, the ALAC stream produces the same quality than the FLAC stream.

I allready found another login token which returns FLAC/MQA authenticated streams, but this one will only play MQA streams lossless and "normal" tracks with lossy AAC 320 kbit/s.
So I have to change my addon to select 2 Login tokens to play FLAC/MQA with one session and FLAC/ALAC 16Bit and HD videos with the other session.

This can take a few days ...

Arneson
(2019-09-11, 08:44)arneson Wrote:
(2019-09-10, 21:13)Steve100 Wrote: Me too Arneson. Since logging in and out Kodi now displays APPLE. Strange of TIDAL to change the integration from under us but somehow I am not surprised. Thanks as always for your hard work and diligence.

Hi Steve100,

I found out that the Audirvana login token doesn't work anymore. So the login with this token returns with the error "illegal token". This can also be a temporary problem with the TIDAL servers.
IF MQA playback is configured in the TIDAL2 addon, the second login with the Audirvana token fails and it uses the first login session for playback.
If this first login uses the IOS token, all lossless streams will be ALAC streams which are also lossless and able to play in high resolution (24 Bits) with "Master" tracks.
My Meridian Explorer 2 DAC can decode this also with 96 and 192 kBit/s but not with the blue LED which means "Authenticated".
For everybody who don't have a hardware MQA decoder, the ALAC stream produces the same quality than the FLAC stream.

I allready found another login token which returns FLAC/MQA authenticated streams, but this one will only play MQA streams lossless and "normal" tracks with lossy AAC 320 kbit/s.
So I have to change my addon to select 2 Login tokens to play FLAC/MQA with one session and FLAC/ALAC 16Bit and HD videos with the other session.

This can take a few days ...

Arneson 
Dear Arneson,
dear Steve,

thank you very much for your effort! Now I know, that my System and my Settings aren't wrong, cause that's something which is driving me crazy Big Grin
Ok Arneson, if you have the time to change something on your app, please let us know.
Thank you very much in advance and thank you very much for your addon, either!!!

Best wishes,
Ralf
Hi everybody,

MQA playback back again Cool

Audirvana uses a different login token since a few days. I replaced it in my addon.

The actual version is now V2.0.0-beta19. You can download it here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta19.zip
Or if you use my repository, it will updated automatically.

So everything should work as before !

Happy listening to MQA music ...
Arneson
(2019-09-13, 21:55)arneson Wrote: Hi everybody,

Audirvana uses a different login token since a few days. I replaced it in my addon.

The actual version is now V2.0.0-beta19. You can download it here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...beta19.zip

Arneson

Works like a charm. Thanks for the effort!
Hi arneson
Will your kodi addon ever be able to do first unfold of mqa like the android app does to 96/24?

(2019-09-13, 23:19)mazeeff Wrote:
(2019-09-13, 21:55)arneson Wrote: Hi everybody,

Arneson

Works like a charm. Thanks for the effort!
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8