• 33(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
I have contacted Tidal, but they only say that Kodi is not a supported device.
I was very happy with Tidal2 on OSMC on my RPi 3B with Audiophonics DAC but I now consider switching to a streamer of a brand that is supported.Β 
For the time being I hope Arneson (@arneson: thanks very much for the continuous effort) can solve this problem. It would also be helpful if somebody knows a good way to send Tidal output (e.g. from a computer, tablet or phone) to the RPi so I can continu enjoying the fantastic DAC.
(2021-04-14, 18:31)arneson Wrote: Hello there,

this are bad news for all TIDAL2 users !

TIDAL seems to disabled all login tokens and change the login method completely. Since today, no login is available for any TIDAL2 user anymore Sad .
I also got a mail from TIDAL that I use an old TIDAL app version on my device and I should upgrade it.
So my work for the last three weeks was a waste of time !

I don't know if I can get it to run in the future (but I will try).

Sorry.
arneson
C'mon Tidal! Arneson, I use your plugin all the time and so sad to see they broke it. Thank you for all your hard work on this over the years. You've provided me with untold hours of enjoyment. Using this plugin was the best way for me to control Tidal with my universal remote in my entertainment system. Not sure how I'd help, as I know nothing about programming, but if you need someone to test anything....
(2021-04-18, 11:09)Frans6681 Wrote: I have contacted Tidal, but they only say that Kodi is not a supported device.
I was very happy with Tidal2 on OSMC on my RPi 3B with Audiophonics DAC but I now consider switching to a streamer of a brand that is supported.Β 
For the time being I hope Arneson (@arneson: thanks very much for the continuous effort) can solve this problem. It would also be helpful if somebody knows a good way to send Tidal output (e.g. from a computer, tablet or phone) to the RPi so I can continu enjoying the fantastic DAC.
You can use volumino and then tidal connect, a headless system.
A real shame this add-on is no longer usable, it was perfect and enjoyed being able to use it with a remote on my tv(via a raspberry pi) Sad
Is there no way to get this working again? This was such an awesome add-on. I run Kodi on a Shield and the Android Tidal app from the store is the worst. This one just totally rocked. If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know.
(2021-05-12, 15:24)Cruzerman Wrote: Is there no way to get this working again? This was such an awesome add-on. I run Kodi on a Shield and the Android Tidal app from the store is the worst. This one just totally rocked. If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know.

Hello there,
please be patient !! I'm still working on it and my developer version is allready running Laugh .
A new version will come soon, but I have to test the new access token stuff (for instance: renew an expired access token automatically while playing songs).
But my next version will not contain any Client-ID or Client-Secret for the OAuth2 authentication because of license restrictions Undecided .
You have to get them from other tidal api web pages or extract them from the original Android tidal.apk.

And the next version will have more features:
- Login with OAuth2 with Device-Authorisation Code (like Youtube Addon)
- Automatic access token refresh
- HiRes playback of MQA (24 Bit)
- Dolby Atmos support
- Playlist Folders
- And of course: it runs on Kodi 19 and 18

arneson
I always knew god is listening!
Laugh Tongue Rofl
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2021-05-12, 18:26)arneson Wrote:
(2021-05-12, 15:24)Cruzerman Wrote: Is there no way to get this working again? This was such an awesome add-on. I run Kodi on a Shield and the Android Tidal app from the store is the worst. This one just totally rocked. If there is anything I can do to assist, please let me know.

Hello there,
please be patient !! I'm still working on it and my developer version is allready running Laugh .
A new version will come soon, but I have to test the new access token stuff (for instance: renew an expired access token automatically while playing songs).
But my next version will not contain any Client-ID or Client-Secret for the OAuth2 authentication because of license restrictions Undecided .
You have to get them from other tidal api web pages or extract them from the original Android tidal.apk.

- Dolby Atmos support
- Playlist Folders

arneson

This is f**n great Smile Never thought that it is possible to playback MQA on Kodi.

Is there also a chance to control it with tidal connect in future?

Thanks for your work
(2021-05-13, 10:30)Adriano93 Wrote:

Hello there,

- Dolby Atmos support
- Playlist Folders

arneson

This is f**n great Smile Never thought that it is possible to playback MQA on Kodi.

Thanks for your work
Wink 
(2021-05-13, 10:30)Adriano93 Wrote:

Hello there,

- Dolby Atmos support
- Playlist Folders

arneson

Thanks for your work
Arneson thanks so much for the add-on. I used it a lot and it worked great. Good luck with the new version. I really hope that it works and that all your hard work on it pays off.
Ultra Great Support Man!
In the fields in which I am involved (all except programming) I understand my efforts are always lead by a Proof of Concept spin! If it could be done, I want to proof myself I can do it, if my knowledge and starting points are well investigated.
Hope and believe You are only at a really short distance from success!
Regards
Thanks for your work
Alessandro
[emoji3577][emoji106]

Hello there,

- Dolby Atmos support
- Playlist Folders

arneson
arenson, you rock! Thank you so much for spending untold hours on this!
Hello TIDAL fans,

I hope that you've not canceled your TIDAL subscription. Here is my new version of the TIDAL2 Addon V2.0.2 and the corresponding TIDAL2 Search Context Menu Addon V0.2.1.

The links above are for Kodi 19. If you have an older Kodi version, use the zip files from the "until-leia" branch or use my addon repository as described in post #469.
If you use my repository, the addons will be updated automatically.

It contains a lot of changes and some new features:
- Changed login method to OAuth2
- Intgrated a Login web page for a simple TIDAL device autohrization
- Removed all tokens from the sources because of license restrictions
- Support for Dolby Atmos playback (requires the right client id for playback)
- Support for HI_RES streaming quality (24 Bit) for Master audio tracks
- Improved handling of page limits
- Support for Favorit Mixes (and Radio stations because this are mixes)
- Support for Playlist Folders
- Switched to TIDAL API v2 for Playlist and Folder handling
- Folder name is appended to the playlist name if the playlist is in one of your folders
- Added submenues in artist page for albums, EPs/Singles and compilations

Some imporant notes for the new version:
  • The new version contains no API keys for the OAuth2 authentification. You have to set the Client-ID and Client-Secret values in the addon settings before login.
    You can get this values from other TIDAL python projects on github. Please don't post the Client-ID and Clients-Secrets in this forum !
  • Additionally the addon now has a web-base login screen. You can access it with the IP address of your Kodi device on port 5555 like "http://<your-Kodi-ip>:5555/client"
    If this port is blocked from another service, a different port is used. The port is the "Fanart HTTP Server" which you can see in the addon settings.
  • After the first login the internal cache for favorites, playlists and folders has to be updated. This can take a minute if you have a lot of playlists.

I hope you have fun with this new version.
arneson
(2021-05-24, 17:37)arneson Wrote: Hello TIDAL fans,

I hope that you've not canceled your TIDAL subscription. Here is my new version of the TIDAL2 Addon V2.0.2 and the corresponding TIDAL2 Search Context Menu Addon V0.2.1.

The links above are for Kodi 19. If you have an older Kodi version, use the zip files from the "until-leia" branch or use my addon repository as described in post #469.

- Folder name is appended to the playlist name if the playlist is in one of your folders

• The new version contains no API keys for the OAuth2 authentification. You have to set the Client-ID and Client-Secret values in the addon settings before login.
    You can get this values from other TIDAL python projects on github. Please don't post the Client-ID and Clients-Secrets in this forum !
  • Additionally the addon now has a web-base login screen. You can access it with the IP address of your Kodi device on port 5555 like "http://<your-Kodi-ip>:5555/client"
    If this port is blocked from another service, a different port is used. The port is the "Fanart HTTP Server" which you can see in the addon settings.
  • After the first login the internal cache for favorites, playlists and folders has to be updated. This can take a minute if you have a lot of playlists.

Hi Arneson
Thanks so much for this. Here is what I found:
1 New version would not install on Kodi 19 on my Linux / OSMC box. Error was Python version 3.0.0 dependency
2 On your repository, I updated your addon to 2.0.0 beta 22. It works.! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Happy to support your work.
(2021-05-24, 18:20)edtaa Wrote:

Hi Arneson
1 New version would not install on Kodi 19 on my Linux / OSMC box. Error was Python version 3.0.0 dependency
2 On your repository, I updated your addon to 2.0.0 beta 22. It works.! πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I think, you use an old repository addon. This is for Kodi until Leia !
You have to use the Matrix-Version of the repository.tidal2 v0.2.0 as described in post #469
Please uninstall the old "TIDAL repository addon" and then install the new v0.2.0 from this zip.

Are you sure, that your Linux OSMC-Box is really Kodi 19 with Python 3 ?
The addon v2.0.0 beta xx versions are for Python 2.x.x only.
The old versions will not run anyway, because you can't login in TIDAL with the old versions.
(2021-05-24, 18:49)arneson Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 18:20)edtaa Wrote:

Hi Arneson
I think, you use an old repository addon. This is for Kodi until Leia !
You have to use the Matrix-Version of the repository.tidal2 v0.2.0 as described in post #469
Please uninstall the old "TIDAL repository addon" and then install the new v0.2.0 from this zip.

Are you sure, that your Linux OSMC-Box is really Kodi 19 with Python 3 ?
The addon v2.0.0 beta xx versions are for Python 2.x.x only.
The old versions will not run anyway, because you can't login in TIDAL with the old versions.
Hi
Yes, you are right. I am on Kodi 18.9. But I am able to log in with v2. 0.0 beta22. I did try your until LeΓ­a repository but I did not know how to obtain the client secret.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8