• 35(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
For those of you hesitant to migrate from Kodi 17/18 to 19.1, I would recommend making the move. Kodi 19.1 brings Python 3 to the table, and apps needed to be re-written to account for this. As a result, most of the apps have been converted to Python 3, and most app developers will put their effort primarily into Python 3. Also, there are brand new apps, in the Kodi repository, for 19.1, that did not exist in 18. One of these is "Radio Paradise". It is great app for listening to free lossless ad-free curated music. You can find it, in the "Music" section, of the main Kodi repository.
Thanks, thanks, thanks! Great news! Will work on it ASAP!
Regards
Alessandro
I am really enjoying the upgrade from 16 bit to 24 bit for Master tracks, but have a quick question. The Master tracks are playing at 44.1Khz, versus the 48/88/92Khz, that I was expecting. Is this to be expected? I thought the 1st unfold of Master tracks would be 24 bit 48/88/92Khz, but I'm not too well versed on this. The 24 bit tracks really sound quite good! By far, my favorite Kodi app. Job well done! By utilizing QAuth2 for authentication, I'm guessing that we will be good for a long long time! If I understand the client codes properly, Tidal thinks that I am running on a validated Fire Stick HD, even through I'm running Kodi, on a Windows 10 PC.

Update: Master tracks at 24 bit @48Khz are working just fine. I simply encountered one Master album, that only produced 44Khz for some reason!
@arneson, thank you very much for keeping this addon alive, I almost gave up on my Tidal subscription! I found an inconvenient (bug?) in version 2.0.2 (Matrix 19.1 on Windows 10): when watching videos, they start playing in the background and not in the foreground as expected, as if they were audio tracks. Everytime you click on a video it's necessary to also make it play fullscreen, it gets quite annoying after a while... This doesn't happen with the last Leia version of the addon (LibreELEC 18.9 on a rpi 3b+) and neither with the older versions prior to the login auth change. I assume this is an addon related issue since it's the only one that shows this behaviour (I tried on three different Windows PCs). Maybe you could take a look into it, everything else works perfect! Tidal Connect would be the icing on the cake, but I don't know if it's possible to implent.
(2021-05-30, 22:51)poplo75 Wrote: @arneson, thank you very much for keeping this addon alive, I almost gave up on my Tidal subscription! I found an inconvenient (bug?) in version 2.0.2 (Matrix 19.1 on Windows 10): when watching videos, they start playing in the background and not in the foreground as expected, as if they were audio tracks. Everytime you click on a video it's necessary to also make it play fullscreen, it gets quite annoying after a while... This doesn't happen with the last Leia version of the addon (LibreELEC 18.9 on a rpi 3b+) and neither with the older versions prior to the login auth change. I assume this is an addon related issue since it's the only one that shows this behaviour (I tried on three different Windows PCs). Maybe you could take a look into it, everything else works perfect! Tidal Connect would be the icing on the cake, but I don't know if it's possible to implent.
Hi poplo75,

the addon has the same code for Leia and Matrix. I also find it strange that videos doesn't start in full screen mode in Kodi Matrix.
But this is may be a behaviour from Kodi Matrix and not from my addon.
@poplo75
There's a new option in the settings (in Matrix) under settings/media/music/general called 'switch to visualization on playback'.
If this one is ticked the videos will start in fullscreen.
I guess Kodi treats them as Audio since they are handled as music videos. Maybe @arneson can change something in his addon that they're treated as normal videos like e.g. YouTube videos which would have also the nice side effect (at least for me) that I would get the regular VideoOSD instead of the less informative music video OSD in Arctic Horizon. And I also don't want to have this option enabled since all music will start in fullscreen which I don't like...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
I'd also like to thank @arneson again for continuing this great addon. I switched to Matrix in the meanwhile and build a new Kodi / Libreelec on a Rockpi 4B (because a Xiaomi box S is simply too slow for Kodi) from scratch and all I can say is that it's a pure joy - everything is fast and working really great so far, especially Tidal2.
I mean, BubbleUPnP and the Tidal phone app are ok with a Chromecast but using this addon in combination with a TV and KODI is by far the best TIDAL experience.
The information I can get here while listening and the additionally Features, simply the whole handling is just like it should - hopefully the guys from TIDAL will get this sometime and will change some things in der App accordingly or maybe give us e.g. Tidal Connect.

Big thumbs up, arneson! Love
THANKS, DANKE, MERCI, BEDANKT, GRAZIE, GRACIAS, OBRIGADO, etc...!

Music

Works like a charm - also with Dolby Atmos 5.1. !

Blush
Thanks @C.O.D. for pointing out that option, it works now! I'm not sure if it bothers me that the music tracks also go fullscreen, in any case it would be ideal if this could be changed from the addon settings, as you suggested.
(2021-05-31, 14:49)C.O.D. Wrote: @poplo75
There's a new option in the settings (in Matrix) under settings/media/music/general called 'switch to visualization on playback'.
If this one is ticked the videos will start in fullscreen.
I guess Kodi treats them as Audio since they are handled as music videos. Maybe @arneson can change something in his addon that they're treated as normal videos like e.g. YouTube videos which would have also the nice side effect (at least for me) that I would get the regular VideoOSD instead of the less informative music video OSD in Arctic Horizon. And I also don't want to have this option enabled since all music will start in fullscreen which I don't like...
Hi C.O.D.

the setting 'switch to visualization on playback' is for music songs. So the music videos in TIDAL2 are detected as songs and not as videos !
I tried to remove the info label for music from the video list item, and now the music videos start in fullscreen mode !

Can you can try this out for your Arctic Horzion theme if the VideoOSD is shown !

The only thing you have to do is to comment out one line in plugin.audio.tidal2/resources/lib/tidal2/items.py
in the method getListItem of the class VideoItem where the music info label is set with: li.setInfo('music', musicLabel)

python:

class VideoItem(tidal.Video, HasListItem):

def getListItem(self):
        li = HasListItem.getListItem(self)
        if self.available:
            url = plugin.url_for_path('/play_video/%s' % self.id)
            isFolder = False
        else:
            url = plugin.url_for_path('/stream_locked')
            isFolder = True
        infoLabel = {
            'artist': [self.artist.name],
            'title': self.title,
            'tracknumber': self._playlist_pos + 1 if self._playlist_id else self._itemPosition + 1,
            'year': getattr(self, 'year', None),
            'plotoutline': self.getComment(),
            'plot': self.getFtArtistsText()
        }
        musicLabel = {
            'artist': self.artist.name,
            'title': self.title,
            'tracknumber': self._playlist_pos + 1 if self._playlist_id else self._itemPosition + 1,
            'year': getattr(self, 'year', None),
            'comment': self.getComment()
        }
        try:
            if self.streamStartDate:
                infoLabel.update({'date': self.streamStartDate.date().strftime('%d.%m.%Y')})
                musicLabel.update({'date': self.streamStartDate.date().strftime('%d.%m.%Y')})
            elif self.releaseDate:
                infoLabel.update({'date': self.releaseDate.date().strftime('%d.%m.%Y')})
                musicLabel.update({'date': self.releaseDate.date().strftime('%d.%m.%Y')})
        except:
            pass
        if KODI_VERSION >= (17, 0):
            infoLabel.update({'mediatype': 'musicvideo',
                              'rating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0)),
                              'userrating': '%s' % int(round(self.popularity / 10.0))
                              })
        li.setInfo('video', infoLabel)
        # li.setInfo('music', musicLabel)  << Comment this line out
        li.addStreamInfo('video', { 'codec': 'h264', 'aspect': 1.78, 'width': 1920,
                         'height': 1080, 'duration': self.duration })
        li.addStreamInfo('audio', { 'codec': 'AAC', 'language': 'en', 'channels': 2 })
        return (url, li, isFolder)

@arneson Nice, thanks a lot - will try tomorrow...
The TIDAL 2 add-on one day decided to refuse to login. Tried reinstalling it and changing my Tidal password.

Today I did a fresh install of Kodi loosing all configuration, but it eventually logged in.

My issue now is that I get a pop-up "Not a FLAC stream!"

I'm a MQA subscriber and all used to be fine before the authentication issue. I'm able to stream MQA in the Tadal app and on my phone, and as I mentioned, it used to work in Kodi.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 10
Kodi 18.9
Tidal 2, last Kodi 18 version
(2021-06-05, 21:55)cybasoul Wrote: The TIDAL 2 add-on one day decided to refuse to login. Tried reinstalling it and changing my Tidal password.

Today I did a fresh install of Kodi loosing all configuration, but it eventually logged in.

My issue now is that I get a pop-up "Not a FLAC stream!"

I'm a MQA subscriber and all used to be fine before the authentication issue. I'm able to stream MQA in the Tadal app and on my phone, and as I mentioned, it used to work in Kodi.

What am I doing wrong?

Windows 10
Kodi 18.9
Tidal 2, last Kodi 18 version
I searched the thread and I saw the "Bad news". Has the FLAC stream been fixed since or is ALAC the only solution for MQA?
Sorted, I upgraded to Kodi 19 and the supported Tidal add-on version. Initially got stuck on the client ID and secret but after searching the thread again I got it sorted.

The new version is awesome.

@arneson you are doing a great job and from a developer to another, you are appreciated.
Even though the old version was somewhat working, I uninstalled and put on the new version. Wow! Even better than the old one was. Thank you so much for this awesome add-on. As others have already said, you rock.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8