• 38(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
(2021-10-20, 15:23)hifiBerend Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 14:49)hifiBerend Wrote: Hi @arneson ,

I did a complete new install of Lebreelec 18.9. Then, without doing anything else, I installed your TIDAL2 plugin from your Git (https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-2.0.3.zip) Then I tried to connect to Tidal again with the same result. I am 100% sure my credentials are OK. What can I do now?

Kind regards, Berend Raap
Sorry I mean Libreelec 9.2.8

Hi hifiBernd,

I think that the preview token is the problem. My addon fetch this token from the TIDAL web page. Since TIDAL changed something on the home page the preview token could't be fetched anymore.
The new Version 2.0.4 of TIDAL2 is now fixed to retreive this preview token. Please try again !
The best way is to make a copy of the TIDAL2 addon settings from time to time and reuse this settings.xml after a new installation of the addon.

This are the changes in V2.0.4:
- Fixed preview token
- Show title/video/artist radio as mix items so it's possible to add them to favorite mixes.

Please try to login again. I didn't tried this because I don't want to get a new session id.

arneson
(2021-10-20, 19:00)arneson Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 15:23)hifiBerend Wrote:
(2021-10-20, 14:49)hifiBerend Wrote: Hi @arneson ,

I did a complete new install of Lebreelec 18.9. Then, without doing anything else, I installed your TIDAL2 plugin from your Git (https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-2.0.3.zip) Then I tried to connect to Tidal again with the same result. I am 100% sure my credentials are OK. What can I do now?

Kind regards, Berend Raap
Sorry I mean Libreelec 9.2.8

Hi hifiBernd,

I think that the preview token is the problem. My addon fetch this token from the TIDAL web page. Since TIDAL changed something on the home page the preview token could't be fetched anymore.
The new Version 2.0.4 of TIDAL2 is now fixed to retreive this preview token. Please try again !
The best way is to make a copy of the TIDAL2 addon settings from time to time and reuse this settings.xml after a new installation of the addon.

This are the changes in V2.0.4:
- Fixed preview token
- Show title/video/artist radio as mix items so it's possible to add them to favorite mixes.

Please try to login again. I didn't tried this because I don't want to get a new session id.

arneson
Hi @arneson , unfortunately it still does not work. In the meantime I have configure another SD card for my raspberry pi since latest version of Libreelec does not support 3 anymore. I made a SD with latest version of OSMC and kodi matrix. Then I downloaded the latest version 2.04 of your plugin (matrix branch). Log says:

[TIDAL2] Login failed !
                                                   401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://auth.tidal.com/v1/oauth2/device_authorization
2021-10-20 20:05:46.955 T:1394     INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(18, /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.tidal2/addon.py): script successfully run
2021-10-20 20:05:47.078 T:454      INFO <general>: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
2021-10-20 20:05:47.078 T:454      INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Attempting to open device "@"
2021-10-20 20:05:47.086 T:454      INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::Initialize - Opened device "sysdefault"
2021-10-20 20:05:47.088 T:454      INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Your hardware does not support AE_FMT_FLOAT, trying other formats
2021-10-20 20:05:47.089 T:454      INFO <general>: CAESinkALSA::InitializeHW - Using data format AE_FMT_S24NE3
Hi @arneson, any luck in solving this?
(2021-11-02, 12:00)hifiBerend Wrote: Hi @arneson, any luck in solving this?

@arneson,  Gues not. I have stopped my Tidal account. No use to pay if it does not work.
Hey @arneson,
since today I cannot login anymore. Has something changed again on the TIDAL side?

Best regards
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2021-11-18, 18:18)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson,
since today I cannot login anymore. Has something changed again on the TIDAL side?

Best regards

Same issue here on fresh install of LibreELEC 10 / KODI Matrix on raspi 4. Logincredentials do work on android and windows.
Hi,

TIDAL changed the subscription types from Premium to HiFi and from HiFi to HiFi Plus.
Now with the HIFI subscription you can stream lossless ! And with HiFi Plus you can stream Hi-Res, Master Quality and Dolby Atmos.

And there is a new subscription type "Free" which should be available in the USA from the start and later for other countries.

I have to check the OAuth login method again. But I'm afraid that I loose my running streaming session ID which is active since several month ;-(

The best way to update/change Kodi versions is to make a backup of your settings.xml in the TIDAL2 userdata addon directory and restore it on the new Kodi.
Then you never lost your active session.

But I will try to fix the login problem.
It can be that the used API key of the Fire TV Stick which is the "NoDRM" version, is invalid now, so maybe it is not possible anymore to get a new "NoDRM" session.
Please cross your fingers that this is not the problem !

arneson
fingers crossed, and in advance; thnx for your efforts.
The day before yesterday I was able to listen HiFi with my upgraded to HiFi account (just switched to Flac in the settings) but the next day I got the error 'user has no valid session. So I logged of and still wasn't able to login anymore.
I mean, what about e.g. BubbleUPnP on Android?
It's working all the time and I'm just wondering how they're doing the authentication and if Tidal2 could do it the same way but surely that's a question of an ignorant :-)

However, thanks a lot for your efforts @arneson!
So I too have a login error. Clearly, Tidal have changed something as part of the switch to combining the two levels of account. So, on the one hand, we now get hifi included without the extra cost. On the other hand, we can no longer use Tidal with Kodi. Hopefully, our saviour arneson will be able to fix this. Many thanks in advance, I am sure that you will be working on this already. I for one am happy to help you in any way. In the meantime I am using Tidal on an Amazon Firestick which is OKish but sound quality not as good as on Vero+.
Hey @arneson and all others,
I just searched the net again for an actual ID / secret and found something new that in fact works.
Just search for "tidal.py # known API key for Fire Stick HD(MQA, Dolby Vision enabled".
As for me, I'm a happy rabbit again...
thank you! it works again <3
Thanks for posting...does it only works for the Fire TV version?
I'm running Kodi on Windows 10 and couldn't get ithe API key running.

Any ID for Win 10 out there yet?
(2021-11-20, 22:46)C.O.D. Wrote: Hey @arneson and all others,
I just searched the net again for an actual ID / secret and found something new that in fact works.
Just search for "tidal.py # known API key for Fire Stick HD(MQA, Dolby Vision enabled".
As for me, I'm a happy rabbit again...
Hi C.O.D.

that client id works for me too, but I sometimes I got no MQA and never Dolby Atmos.
It seems that this is an old "Non Drm" version for Fire TV which is still working for lossless playback and for many Master tracks.

But it works ! Thankyou C.O.D for this tip.

arneson
(2021-11-21, 13:35)candrian Wrote: Thanks for posting...does it only works for the Fire TV version?
I'm running Kodi on Windows 10 and couldn't get ithe API key running.

Any ID for Win 10 out there yet?

i'm on windows 10 and it worked for me. flac plays fine.
don't forget to copy the last "-" Smile
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8