• 40(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
same here, seems like the client-id and secret I was using for Tidal2 from the internet are not working anymore. Managed to pull some tokens/secret from my Tidal Android and Windows app, but not sure if could use them directly or they just wouldn't work. Has anyone managed to use their own API client-id and secret?
Not working for me now - client has no valid session.
@arneson
It seems that we need MPEG-DASH support..?
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Unable to log in on Windows 10 or OSMC using the client id / secret that previously worked. I have found two id / secret  pairs following the searches referenced in this thread. One gives login failed. The other one works but tracks don't play and give a DRM message instead.
(2022-01-19, 16:59)C.O.D. Wrote: @arneson
It seems that we need MPEG-DASH support..?
Hi C.O.D.

that's correct. Most NODRM client ids will be deactivated in the future. But there are still a lot of embedded devices which can play TIDAL and this devices are not powerful enough to handle MPEG-DASH or Fairplay etc.
So there will be some client ids and secrets which can work in the future but it is hard to find them.

The best way is to integrate the inputstream.adaptive addon to play the Widevine encrypted TIDAL tracks. I allready played around with it and tryed to send the MPEG-DASH manifest data from TIDAL tracks to the inputstream.adaptive addon. But I can't figure out how to retrieve the playback license from the TIDAL license server for the Widevine decoder of Kodi. It will be helpful if someone find a documentation how to handle the inputstream.adaptive addon for MPEG-DASH playback.
That is a lot of try-and-error in the moment.

arneson
Working Key Set Found
Found a working key set that allows both Master and Hi-Fi at the same time whic doesn't require any MPEG-DASH. At least for the time being anyway. If anyone wants the key set please request this by sending me a PM.
Well, doing the same search as the last time (apiKey.py) but this time choosing 'platform TV' items works at least for me on LibreELEC playing lossless HiFi - hope that helps!

@arneson, thanks for taking the time to explain all this, I really appreciate your efforts and I'm still hoping you will find a better solution some day. Unfortunately I can't help you with this since I've got absolutely no clue of programming such things...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2022-01-19, 21:52)Steve100 Wrote: Working Key Set Found
Found a working key set that allows both Master and Hi-Fi at the same time whic doesn;t require any MPEG-DASH. At least for the time being anyway. If anyone wants the key set PM me.
can you pm me the working set please?
Hi Steve100, 
I didn't find a way to PM you so.. could you send me your working client-id/secret?
Thanks a lots!
Y
Same Steve -- Please .
(2022-01-19, 21:52)Steve100 Wrote: Working Key Set Found
Found a working key set that allows both Master and Hi-Fi at the same time whic doesn;t require any MPEG-DASH. At least for the time being anyway. If anyone wants the key set PM me.
Hi Steve100,
Same here, I'd like to receive it while looking for more permanent solution or one comes out.
Thanks Smile
Sorry guys. I can see that PM'ing is not possible anymore unless you are a senior member or above. I guess I'm just not that important enough Smile

I am emailing everyone through the messaging platform that has requested but Unfortunately, Kodi Forum only allows one email per five minutes. So, I am getting there slowly.

yllar21 has been sent the key set. CanBert, Yakalian, unacceptable are up next.
Quote:As C.O.D. mentions: Well, doing the same search as the last time (apiKey.py) but this time choosing 'platform TV' items works at least for me on LibreELEC playing lossless HiFi - hope that helps!
This is where i found it from.
Thank you Steve, I found those as well, but got DRM errors on music but videos work...

Android device
(2022-01-21, 16:06)CanBert Wrote: Thank you Steve, I found those as well, but got DRM errors on music but videos work...

Android device

I had a somewhat sticky situation with changing this key as well. For me, using Logout and Logging back in again with a new 5-character link.tidal.com activation fixed this for me. I think that Arneson's login method for updating the clientid and secret does not force or implement a full logoff and login again. This could be a bug.
Those keys work only for MQA accounts.  I found key for flac lossless....took a bit of effort
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8