• 44(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
(2022-05-30, 19:45)HokutoNoCoco Wrote: It doesn't Sad

I have tried what you said in priority, automotive in 2.58
and after I have tried a lot of devices with many TIDAL version :

always the same DRM problem...
I don't understand

Do you want a log? 2.58 with automotive?

- Are you able to browse through the TIDAL library ?
- Are videos working ?
- What kind of subscription do you have and in which country ?

Another working Client ID is "TV Non Drm Dolby Atmos" in TIDAL v2.36.2.
(2022-05-30, 21:58)arneson Wrote:

I don't understand

- Are videos working ?

Sorry for the late return.

Yes I am able to browse through the library.
Yes the video are working
I use TIDAL HIFI plus in France

I ll do the test with the version you ask and report back.

One more thing : when I go to "my music", and then, "Show session info", the devive is always : TIDALAndroid .. TV
Even with my many changes... Weird...
(2022-06-02, 13:30)HokutoNoCoco Wrote:
(2022-05-30, 21:58)arneson Wrote:

I don't understand

- Are videos working ?

Sorry for the late return.

Yes I am able to browse through the library.
Yes the video are working
I use TIDAL HIFI plus in France

I ll do the test with the version you ask and report back.

One more thing : when I go to "my music", and then, "Show session info", the devive is always : TIDALAndroid .. TV
Even with my many changes... Weird...
Non working either with the v2.36.2 Sad
Heart 
Hey, I ve found the problem.

I have check the settings.xml file to see the values of ID and secret. There was the same for each devices after login...

So I checked the setting file at each step, the settings window did the job and put correct/different ID and secret from APK, but at each login via web interface, I got the same pair that comming back !!

I was always using the local web page (5555 port) and i think that for an unknown reason, the page keep internally the old pair of ID and put it back over and over again Smile
Even if it told me the device that was sélected at the top, and even if it shows no IDs...

So that was my problem, If I use directly the "link.tidal.com" adress, everything is fine.

So maybe I ve done somthing wrong, maybe there s something wrong in the web loggin interface code.

Thanks Arneson !! I got my usic back <3
Hi HokutoNoCoco,

it can be a browswer cache problem. The ID/Secret values are in hidden input fields and this values are used to login.

I added some HTTP headers to the login page to avoid browser caching. And I removed the ID/secret values from the hidden input fields if the device type is selected from an APK file.
This should resolve the problem with the wrong ID/secret values.

This changes will be in the next version of the addon.

arneson
I am using Tidal2 plugin with Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi 3.  I am using Yatse as a remote control. I wonder if someone can describe a method to create custom menu to send Tidal2 command to Kodi.  I am trying to add the "Add to TIDAL Favorites" command to Yatse.  Yatse has custom commands capability but the TIDAL2 API is unclear to me.
(2022-06-09, 16:16)yyudin Wrote: I am using Tidal2 plugin with Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi 3.  I am using Yatse as a remote control. I wonder if someone can describe a method to create custom menu to send Tidal2 command to Kodi.  I am trying to add the "Add to TIDAL Favorites" command to Yatse.  Yatse has custom commands capability but the TIDAL2 API is unclear to me.
Hi yyudin,

because the TIDAL2 addon uses the script.module.routing addon, many functions can be called directly via "RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/<function>)".
I'm using the Flirc USB adapter for my remote which generates keyboard events. So I included the plugin calls into the keyboard.xml file.
Here are some examples from my keyboard.xml:

xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <f1>RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/context_menu)</f1>          <!-- Red button: Opens the TIDAL2 context menu -->
      <f2>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/user_playlist_toggle)</f2>  <!-- Green button: Add/Remove item to/from default playlist or folder -->
      <f3>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/favorite_toggle)</f3>       <!-- Yellow button: Add/Remove item to/from favorites (artist, track, video, playlist) -->
      <f4>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/my_music)</f4>              <!-- Blue button: Jump to the "My music" folder -->
      <t>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/start_lyrics)</t>            <!-- Subtitle button: Show/Hide lyrics window -->

<f5 mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/category/featured/new/videos,return)</f5>  <!-- Show new videos -->
      <f6 mod="ctrl">ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/favorites/tracks,return)</f6>              <!-- Show favorite tracks -->

<f8>RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,muteToggle)</f8>                 <!-- Examples for the "System Volume Changer" addon -->
      <f8 mod="ctrl,shift">RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,set,40)</f8>    <!-- https://github.com/arnesongit/script.module.sysvolume -->
      <f9>RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,down)</f9>
      <f10>RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,up)</f10>
      <f9 mod="ctrl">RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,change,-10)</f9>
      <f10 mod="ctrl">RunScript(script.module.sysvolume,change,10)</f10>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

If you also installed the "TIDAL2 Search" addon from my repository which is a context menu addon, you can open this context menu with the call "RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/context_menu)".
And if you enable "Debug logging" in the settings of the "TIDAL2 Search" addon there is a "ListItem Info" entry which displays some informations of the selected list item.

For instance: You would like to set a hotkey to jump to new music videos, you select "What's New" from the home menue and select the item "New Videos" (don't jump into the folder).
If you then open the TIDAL2 Search context menue and select "ListItem Info" the following two lines are relevant:
Code:

FolderPath= "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/category/featured"
URL= "plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/category/featured/new/videos"

The FolderPath is the folder which contains the list items (here the folder for "What's New").
The URL ist the destnation folder of the list item (here "New Videos").
Because the destination is a folder and not a background function, you have to call this folder with "ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/<folder>,return)".
It has to be the "Music" window, because TIDAL2 is a music addon. The "return" means, that the window is call as a subfolder and you can return back to the previoues folder with the "back" key.
For this example you have to call "ActivateWindow(Music,plugin://plugin.audio.tidal2/category/featured/new/videos,return)" to jump directly into the folder of new videos.

I hope that's more than you need !!!
arneson
I decided to migrate from kodi 18.9 to 19.4.  I uninstalled Tidal2 and its repository and upgraded to 19.4.  Unfortunately when I try to install Tidal2 from the new TIDAL2 Repository for Kodi 19 I am getting the message "plugin is not compatible with this version of kodi"  I double checked that I am installing it from the kodi 19 repository and also tried installing it from the zip file for v 19.  Same problem.  I tried a brand new image of kodi 19.4 and Tidal2 installs with no problem.  But if go this route I will lose all my settings.  Would be nice if this plugin can be installed on an upgraded version 18.9 -> 19.4 also.
(2022-06-15, 06:05)yyudin Wrote: I decided to migrate from kodi 18.9 to 19.4.  I uninstalled Tidal2 and its repository and upgraded to 19.4.  Unfortunately when I try to install Tidal2 from the new TIDAL2 Repository for Kodi 19 I am getting the message "plugin is not compatible with this version of kodi"  I double checked that I am installing it from the kodi 19 repository and also tried installing it from the zip file for v 19.  Same problem.  I tried a brand new image of kodi 19.4 and Tidal2 installs with no problem.  But if go this route I will lose all my settings.  Would be nice if this plugin can be installed on an upgraded version 18.9 -> 19.4 also.

There is a packages folder inside the userdata addon folder where all downloaded addons are saved as ZIP files. You can delete this folder (or delete the TIDAL2 addon zip files from there) to avoid that the addon installer takes the "old Leia" zip files.
(2022-06-15, 08:37)arneson Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 06:05)yyudin Wrote: I decided to migrate from kodi 18.9 to 19.4.  I uninstalled Tidal2 and its repository and upgraded to 19.4.  Unfortunately when I try to install Tidal2 from the new TIDAL2 Repository for Kodi 19 I am getting the message "plugin is not compatible with this version of kodi"  I double checked that I am installing it from the kodi 19 repository and also tried installing it from the zip file for v 19.  Same problem.  I tried a brand new image of kodi 19.4 and Tidal2 installs with no problem.  But if go this route I will lose all my settings.  Would be nice if this plugin can be installed on an upgraded version 18.9 -> 19.4 also.

There is a packages folder inside the userdata addon folder where all downloaded addons are saved as ZIP files. You can delete this folder (or delete the TIDAL2 addon zip files from there) to avoid that the addon installer takes the "old Leia" zip files.

To make sure this issue is not related to the remnants of my previous Tidal2 installations on Kodi 18.9, I found my old SD image of 18.9 which was saved before I experimented with Tidal2.  I verified that there is no Tidal zip file in /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/packages/.  Then I upgraded the OS to Kodi 19.4 and tried Tidal2 installations from the v19 repository and from the zip installer.  Unfortunately I am getting the same message "plugin is not compatible with this version of kodi".
(2022-06-15, 15:17)yyudin Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 08:37)arneson Wrote:

To make sure this issue is not related to the remnants of my previous Tidal2 installations on Kodi 18.9, I found my old SD image of 18.9 which was saved before I experimented with Tidal2.  I verified that there is no Tidal zip file in /home/osmc/.kodi/addons/packages/.  Then I upgraded the OS to Kodi 19.4 and tried Tidal2 installations from the v19 repository and from the zip installer.  Unfortunately I am getting the same message "plugin is not compatible with this version of kodi".
It appears that it is still looking for Python 2.x instead of Python  3 which is installed on kodi 19:
ziduboduhu.kodi (paste)
(2022-06-15, 15:30)yyudin Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 15:17)yyudin Wrote:
(2022-06-15, 08:37)arneson Wrote: There is a packages folder inside the userdata addon folder where all downloaded addons are saved as ZIP files. You can delete this folder (or delete the TIDAL2 addon zip files from there) to avoid that the addon installer takes the "old Leia" zip files.

It appears that it is still looking for Python 2.x instead of Python  3 which is installed on kodi 19:
ziduboduhu.kodi (paste)
Problem solved by first updating all previously installed add-ons.  I had > 20 add-ons from kodi 18.9.  Obviously these dependencies were still versions developed for Python 2.  After these dependent add-ons were up to day:
script.module.certifi,
script.module.idna,
script.module.chardet,
script.module.urllib3,
script.module.requests,

I was able to install Tidal2 for v 19.

Thanks arneson!
(2022-06-10, 13:11)arneson Wrote: I hope that's more than you need !!!
arneson

hi @arneson , do you possibly know how tidal2 search could be implemented as a search provider? i've tried a few things, but can't get it to work because whatever i do, the search window pops-up insted of getting the search results in a window. 

for spotify, it works like with in the example from the linked post. for radio de it's two lines because the search term goes in between. do you happen to know how tidal could be integrated?
(2022-06-28, 16:08)ray2301 Wrote:
(2022-06-10, 13:11)arneson Wrote: I hope that's more than you need !!!
arneson

hi @arneson , do you possibly know how tidal2 search could be implemented as a search provider? i've tried a few things, but can't get it to work because whatever i do, the search window pops-up insted of getting the search results in a window. 

for spotify, it works like with in the example from the linked post. for radio de it's two lines because the search term goes in between. do you happen to know how tidal could be integrated?
Hi @ray2301,

I don't known about "search providers" in Kodi. Is it a special feature of the Arctic Horizon 2 Skin ?
How do you want to call the context.item.tidal2 (TIDAL2 Search) addon ?

The addon has 2 entries which can be used to call for a search and display the result list. (look here: https://github.com/arnesongit/context.it...ain.py#L82)

One of them is RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_field/<field>/<text>)  where <field> can be "artist", "album", "track", "playlist", "video" and "all".
The search text has to be "quoted" to make it "URL-safe". I use the "quote_plus" function in my addon.

Example call: RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_field/all/Kelly+Clarkson)

The other one is RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_fuzzy_fields/<artist>/<title>/<album>/<albumartist>/<year>)
This one searches for results for every field and build a score to find the best matching result (using the python fuzzywuzzy library).
The scoring levels can be modified in the addon settings and results can be "blacklisted" with keywords.

Example call: RunPlugin(plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_fuzzy_fields/Kelly+Clarkson/Queen+of+the+Night/+/+/2022)

I updated the addon context.item.tidal2 today (v0.2.4), because I think there was a problem with "Container.Update". The addon now uses "ActivateWindow(Music,...,return)" to open the result list.

Please try if this can be used as your "search provider".

arneson
(2022-06-29, 23:08)arneson Wrote: I don't known about "search providers" in Kodi. Is it a special feature of the Arctic Horizon 2 Skin ?
How do you want to call the context.item.tidal2 (TIDAL2 Search) addon ?

hey @arneson thanks for all the information.

it's not a special skin feature, i've seen it integrated in many skins. i think it uses the global search add-on and skinshortcuts, but i'm not quite sure how it works together when it all blends. i only got that we can add more and i've been looking at how addons call for search terms to integrate radio de plugin. i've looked at tidal addons code too and how the search API calls work, but couldn't really handle all that information Smile 

however i made the call for the search results, it would pop-up the standard search box with the term typed in already (as it should) but it did not "enter" (,return) and i could not find a way to make it do that Smile it would work when i pressed enter on the search pop-up window. but the pop-up shouldn't be displayed.

all i know is this works by adding the right search term - the same one you would use when you add a shortcut into a skin for the search. i actually think the ",return" was the problem with the search window popping out, so i'll test it a little later with all the information you gave me.

with arctic horizon 2, jurialmunkey just made the search window accessible directly from the home screen, so you just go to it and start typing (without leaving home page) and the results come out as widget results. so it's become very usable and very useful (and it's fast). before that i never realized you could search other addons directly from kodi's search or that it was a thing but it was there all the time Smile it just never popped out to me like this. i was actually trying to find a way to remove that search window when i realized what it can do.

getting as more as possible addons to be searched from there would be a great addition. many were already there, like youtube, tmdb search, spotify, addon search, local library, but there's a posibility to extend that. and i'd love to see tidal there.

for example, in the skin template.xml (in case of artic horizon 2) there's a code for each search call so this is an example of a spotify search:
Code:
plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=search_artists&artistid=
this call will search for artists on spotify. if you would add this as a skin shortcut, it would open a search window for you to search artists, but in this case, the term you're searching for will be inserted when you type it in the search window and displayed as a widget together with all the other searches you added (artists, albums, local library, radio, netflix...), each a widget in its own row with search results from all the providers it got results from.

radio de addon search term was a bit more complicated because it tells the search to open page 1 of the results so
Code:
plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/search/SEARCHTERM/1/

in that case we can use two lines to integrate the search from this "search provider":
Code:
            <property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/stations/search/</property>
            <property name="widgetPath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Radio">/1/</property>

depending on a skin, "widgetpath" is sometimes called just "path"

tidal should work like this then, if i want to search all:
Code:
<property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-TidalAll">plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_field/all/</property>

or for an artist
Code:
<property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-TidalArtists">plugin://context.item.tidal2/search_field/artist/</property>

and that would be it but that would always pop-up the search box with "kelly clarkson" (example) written already instead of showing results in the results window. so i tried to close that like netflix needs to be closed:

Code:
            <property name="widgetPath" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Netflix">plugin://plugin.video.netflix/directory/search/search/?query=</property>
            <property name="widgetPath2" tag="property" attribute="name|list" value="DefaultSearch-Netflix">/</property>

so that / practically tells it to return the results. without it it popping the window.

but whatever i did with tidal, the search window would pop-up with the search term already typed in the box.
that's why i think the ,return might fix that. or maybe i haven't used the right search term before. i'll let you know when i test it. i really hope i get this working so it can get integrated. thank you again!
p.s. you have to try this skin, i'm amazed Smile
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8