• 46(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
(2022-10-03, 12:56)arneson Wrote:
(2022-10-02, 20:52)ReaLx3m Wrote: Hey there,

Been using the addon for some time now, and had HiFi subscription, which i recently upgraded to HiFi Plus but cant seem to get it recognized by the addon. In "session Info" it still shows as just HiFi.
I tried logging out and then redid the device selection(TV Dolby Atmos) and the loging in, but looks like no cookie for me. Cant see any dolby atmos section in "explore", though if i add a dolby atmos album to favorites through my phone it will play just fine through Tidal2 addon.
Is this the intended behaviour, or am i missing some additional step that i need to take to make things right?
The page for Dolby Atmos is not in the content of the "explore" page if it is called from the TIDAL2 addon.

But you can add it manually as well as the "Masters" and "360" pages.
Open the main.py file in the TIDAL2 sources and add this 4 lines before the last line in the "page" function:

python:

@plugin.route('/page/<page_url>')
def page(page_url):
    json = session._map_request(path=unquote_plus(page_url), params={'locale': settings.locale, 'deviceType': 'BROWSER'}, ret='json')
    items = []
    for row in json['rows']:
        for m in row['modules']:
            if m['type'] == 'PAGE_LINKS':
                for p in m['pagedList']['items']:
                    items.append(DirectoryItem(p['title'], plugin.url_for(page, quote_plus(p['apiPath']))))
            elif m.get('pagedList', {}).get('dataApiPath', None):
                items.append(DirectoryItem(m['title'], plugin.url_for(page_data, quote_plus(m['pagedList']['dataApiPath']), m['type'])))
            elif m.get('showMore', None):
                items.append(DirectoryItem(m['title'], plugin.url_for(page, quote_plus(m['showMore']['apiPath']))))
            elif not m['type'] in ['TEXT_BLOCK', 'EXTURL']:
                if m['title']:
                    items.append(DirectoryItem(m['title'], plugin.url_for(module, page_url, quote_plus(repr(m['title'])), quote_plus(m['type']))))
                elif 'items' in m:
                    items += get_module_items(m)
                else:
                    items.append(DirectoryItem(m['type'], plugin.url_for(module_type, page_url, quote_plus(m['type']))))

if page_url == quote_plus('pages/explore'):
        add_directory('Dolby Atmos', plugin.url_for(page, quote_plus('pages/dolby_atmos')))
        add_directory('Masters (MQA)', plugin.url_for(page, quote_plus('pages/masters')))
        add_directory('360', plugin.url_for(page, quote_plus('pages/360')))
    session.add_list_items(items, end=True)

Then you wll have access to this content.
I add this in the next version of TIDAL2.

arneson
Tried with the 4 lines but i got an addon error as a result. I assume indentation, nesting and stuff thats above my head does matter in the config file.
Then just copied the whole section and replaced it, and now it works. Have Atmos, 360 and MQA available.

Thank you for the assistance.
I didnt expect that Atmos tracks would play in 5.1 from desktop pc, but your addon makes that possible too.
So additional props to you for that Smile, wouldnt be possible with my config without you continuing the development of this great piece of software.
Getting this error and a forced restart if more than one file is accidentally selected in rapid succession via Kore/Yatse

Oct 18 16:31:55.516782 LibreELEC kodi.sh[921]: terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::logic_error'
Oct 18 16:31:55.517869 LibreELEC kodi.sh[921]: what(): busy dialog already running
Oct 18 16:32:02.565657 LibreELEC kodi.sh[916]: Aborted (core dumped)
Oct 18 16:32:07.458621 LibreELEC kodi.sh[916]: Crash report available at /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog_20221018163202.log
Oct 18 16:32:07.471957 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=134/n/a
Oct 18 16:32:07.483752 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Oct 18 16:32:09.584572 LibreELEC systemd[1]: kodi.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 1.
Oct 18 16:32:09.585981 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Stopped Kodi Media Center.
That's a Kodi problem and a PR was submitted to fix it but not accepted. If you can compile Kodi, this is the commit:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/21563/...f65d1b01e0

I've been using it for months and those crashes with primarily addons are a thing of the past.
Hi @arneson
Long time user of your great plugin.
Any chance that we have an option for add to kodi library for tidal artists or albums?
Thank you
That would also be one of my fondest wishes Big Grin
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
(2022-10-20, 22:43)rapteev Wrote: Hi @arneson
Any chance that we have an option for add to kodi library for tidal artists or albums?
Thank you
Hello,

what is the benefit to have the TIDAL artists and albums in the Kodi library ?

I don't use the Kodi Library for music.
If the stream URLs should be inserted into the Kodi library, this will not work, because the URLs are only valid for a few minutes.

Do you know any Kodi music addon which can add artists and albums into the library ?
Then I can look into its source code how it can be implemented.

arneson
Hey @arneson, the main purpose for me would be that I can have artist and album information in the library and the OSD without the need to install Skin Helper Service not to mention the comfort to have it all under one roof.
Additionally there would be more view, sorting and playlist functions etc as well.
If you could find a way to make Tidals artist bio informations available as plot in the skin that would be very helpful for the beginning.
I really like the Arctic Horizon skins but i always have to tweak them and implement SHS because otherwise I wouldn't see any artist information. I mean I would do this anyway because I also want to have artist information when listening to internet radio but it would be a nice addition since Tidals artist infos are also very convincing...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
Is there a way for the songs played through this plugin to show up in "recently played"? I can't see the things I've played with this plugin when I look at my recently played from my pc or phone.
(2022-10-23, 13:39)arneson Wrote:
(2022-10-20, 22:43)rapteev Wrote: Hi @arneson
Thank you
Hello,

what is the benefit to have the TIDAL artists and albums in the Kodi library ?

I don't use the Kodi Library for music.
If the stream URLs should be inserted into the Kodi library, this will not work, because the URLs are only valid for a few minutes.

Do you know any Kodi music addon which can add artists and albums into the library ?
Then I can look into its source code how it can be implemented.

arneson
Hi @arneson 

Sorry for taking so long to answer. Lots of work. Smile

Well, the idea was to export all the albums of artist (or individual albums if that is not possible) to a local folder on strm format. Kodi can import strm files directly to library. No streams url just a strm files pointing to the the artist/album/musics , just like Netflix or amazon video addons can do for movies or tvshows (in this case we only need to select the tv show select export and the plugin export all the episodes of that tv show automatically).
For me the benefits of using library are greater than using individual plugins to browse the contents that we use. For example Netflix as lots of tvshows but we only use few of them and its easier to export that ones and import to kodi library, then browse all of them each time we want to see anything.
Hope you understand what I mean , I'm from Portugal and my English is not so good.
Thank you. And hope you can continue the great work on this amazing plugin.

PS: If you want to see/try osmosis plugin on kodinerds repo can do it , but do not work very well for music and we can only export one album each time and even that not always work.
I am running Kodi 20.0-BETA1 (19.90.801) on a Windows 10 Desktop Computer. I just installed plugin.audio.tidal2-2.1.1zip but don't know what to do next. I have a free account with Tidal and can't seem to find a way to login using my email and password. I see 2 lines for Client-ID and Client-Secret. I can't find instructions for setting up this addon. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I managed to find the Client-ID and Client-Secret. It prompted me to visit a webpage that linked my device successfully. I know this next question may seem a little silly but when trying to play MQA (hi-res) files, I get an error message (TIDAL2 Error 401) about requesting a quality that I'm not authorized for (or something like that). I'm guessing I have to upgrade my Tidal acct to access these files, right?

Edit 2: Select device type from TIDAL APK file? More google searching and now my head is spinning. Can someone help me finish setting this up?

Edit 3: I downloaded an APK file and selected it from within the addon. I chose "automotive" and it no longer asks for Client-ID and Client-Secret. I'm still getting Error 401 no matter what quality of music I select in settings. 

Edit 4: I tried various APKs and Devices. None allowed me to play audio files. I am able to play some of the videos.

Edit 5: (Last one ☺) - I could never get Tidal Music to play through Amazon Echo Devices either, so I contacted Tidal Support, and they said I need a paid subscription in order to listen to their music except for using a web browser. When I use a web browser, I get ads and interruptions every few minutes. Also, I like to enter a list of my favorite artists and then shuffle them. I can't seem to do this with Tidal, so I guess I'll stick with Amazon Music, Pandora and Spotify.
Hi @arneson 

It's great to have you here in this community!

I am a Mac OS and Win user and a KODI user. On all of mine Win devices I've installed TIDAL2 with no any problems so far, but I stack on installing TIDAL2/KODI on Mac OS. The problem is that I can't find downloaded TIDAL2 apk file in order to select the device type. Could you, please, navigate us so that we fix this! Thanks in advance and best regards!
Hallo there!

Edit 3 is an answear of edit 2 Wink

Cheers!
(2022-11-22, 09:24)georgi_enchev Wrote: Hi @arneson 

It's great to have you here in this community!

I am a Mac OS and Win user and a KODI user. On all of mine Win devices I've installed TIDAL2 with no any problems so far, but I stack on installing TIDAL2/KODI on Mac OS. The problem is that I can't find downloaded TIDAL2 apk file in order to select the device type. Could you, please, navigate us so that we fix this! Thanks in advance and best regards!

Thanks for the answear Wink
Hi everybody,

@blueribb : TIDAL Free subscriptions are not usable with the TIDAL2 addon. Perhaps you are able to login, but you will not get any playable stream.

@georgi_enchev : My development platform is a MacBook Pro (the last model with Intel processor) with macOS 12.6.1. I don't have any problems. Do you have a Mac with M1 processor ?

arneson
[font][font]Hola. [/font][/font][font][font]Primero da las gracias por el gran trabajo que estás haciendo. [/font][/font][font][font]Estoy usando Tidal2 en Kodi instalado en Windows 10. Funciona perfectamente pero cuando escucho canciones de Dolby Atmos el volumen es muy bajo. [/font][/font][font][font]¿No le pasa a nadie más? [/font][/font][font][font]He probado a cambiar de dispositivo pero en todos pasa lo mismo[/font][/font]
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8