• 48(current)
Release TIDAL music (former WiMP)
correction: non-MQA songs are generally not played
Hi, I have successfully installed the TIDAL add-on. I use it in Raspberry, under Kodi 18.9 and Libre ELEC 9.2.8
It seeem to works, but I can't log in. I give my login name and pasword and the answer is: client with token not found. What does it mean token? How can I fix it or set up? I have an Tidal account with user name and pasword. Tidal is working on any other devices.
Lightbulb 
Read #629
(2022-12-30, 12:08)b-box Wrote: Read #629
Hi TIDAL2 fans,

for all Linux platforms it is recommended to use an "automotive" device type from the TIDAL apk and disable the setting "Use inputstream.ffmpegdirect as default player".
See post #670

If you have an USB DAC with an integrated MQA decoder, you have to ensure that the raw music data is passed to your DAC.
That means you have to disable any volume/gain/resampling settings in Kodi and set the USB DAC as output device, see post #431

In my case (with a Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC) I have to set the Kodi volume to 100% and use the integrated volume control of the USB DAC.
For this I programed the addon "System Volume Changer" which can be found in my TIDAL2 repository for Linux and MacOS platforms.
With this addon you can use "Hotkeys" in the keyboard.xml to change the volume inside the USB DAC, see post #652 how I use it in my keyboard.xml.
For more see here: script.module.sysvolume

I hope that helps you !
arneson
(2022-12-30, 13:51)arneson Wrote:
(2022-12-30, 12:08)b-box Wrote: Read #629
Hi TIDAL2 fans,

for all Linux platforms it is recommended to use an "automotive" device type from the TIDAL apk and disable the setting "Use inputstream.ffmpegdirect as default player".
See post #670

If you have an USB DAC with an integrated MQA decoder, you have to ensure that the raw music data is passed to your DAC.
That means you have to disable any volume/gain/resampling settings in Kodi and set the USB DAC as output device, see post #431

In my case (with a Meridian Explorer 2 USB DAC) I have to set the Kodi volume to 100% and use the integrated volume control of the USB DAC.
For this I programed the addon "System Volume Changer" which can be found in my TIDAL2 repository for Linux and MacOS platforms.
With this addon you can use "Hotkeys" in the keyboard.xml to change the volume inside the USB DAC, see post #652 how I use it in my keyboard.xml.
For more see here: script.module.sysvolume

I hope that helps you !
arneson
Hello, Thank you, everything is working now.
Device type "TV/TV Atmos", since only "HiFi" is possible with "automotive".

Very great plugin.

Happy New Year to everyone
Wink 
After adding a dedicated hotspot to my car, this plugin on rpi, an HDMI DAC, JL VXI amps and FOCAL speakers....
Crystal clear ATMOS IN A CAR.

It is everything I thought it could be.

Many Thanks.
Hello.
I use a Zidoo X20 player with Kodi 19.4.
I installed the addon Tidal2 2.1.1

Some time ago I was able to skip songs and it took max 5 seconds for the new song to start.
Now it sometimes takes over a minute for the new song to start.
No matter what I set, whether "Automotive" or something else, or MQA or flac....
It doesn't change the fact that songs take a long time to start.
It always worked before - what's different now?
How can I fix this so that there is little or no time delay?

(Translation with Google)
Hi,

I'm not finding either Tidal or Wimp in Add-ons > Kodi Repository > Music Add-ons.
I'm on LibreElec (most recent stable, Matrix), if that makes any difference. I notice others are on LE, is there a different repository or install from zip option?

Thanks in advance.
Erik
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
(2023-03-02, 22:59)Ainuke Wrote: Hi,

I'm not finding either Tidal or Wimp in Add-ons > Kodi Repository > Music Add-ons.
I'm on LibreElec (most recent stable, Matrix), if that makes any difference. I notice others are on LE, is there a different repository or install from zip option?

Thanks in advance.
Erik
Read post #670
You can install my TIDAL2 repository via install from zip option.
Then you can install the TIDAL2 music addon and the TIDAL2 Search context menu adddon.
After that you have to load an original android tidal apk and open it in the TIDAL2 settings to select a "Client ID" before you can login to TIDAL.
For LibreELEC be sure to select an "Automotive" client. This is the best one for Linux platforms.

Enjoy TIDAL2.
arneson
Hi TIDAL2 fans,

I've created a new version V2.1.2 of the TIDAL2 addon which contains improvements for Kodi 20 and new interesting features.
Kodi 20 (Nexus) contains some API changes and deprecated functions.

I made some modifications to be complient to the new API:
  • The new classes InfoTagMusic and InfoTagVideo have to be used instead of the deprecated setInfo method for list items
  • The new methods addAudioStream and addVideoStream have to be used for video items instead of the deprecated addStreamInfo method
  • The new version of the inputstream.adaptive addon has a limitation for the stream URL length of 2083 characters.
    So now it's impossible to pass the MPD manifest as a base64 encoded string to the internal HTTP server of the TIDAL2 addon.
    From now the addon uses a window label to pass the DASH manifest to the internal HTTP server.

The new "Nexus" API is only used if the addon runs on Kodi 20.0 or later.
So this addon still runs on Kodi Leia, Matrix and Nexus ! (and partially on Krypron !)

Additionally I added some more features:
  • I added 'Dolby Atmos', 'Masters (MQA)', '360', 'Staff Picks' and 'Clean Content' to the 'Explore' page to have more content available.
  • The duration time of albums and playlists are now added to the list items.
  • The label colors for folders, favorites, playlists, MQA, etc. can now be customized in the addon settings.
    There is a new addon settings tab 'UI' for this settings.
  • Now it is possible to use the Kodi Sort-Methods (only for Kodi >= 19). Item lists can now be sorted within the Kodi UI.
    This feature is disabled by default and can be enabled in the addon settings tab "UI".

Another new feature is the support for user profiles. If you have generated a "profile name" for your TIDAL account (in the original TIDAL app or web site)
you can follow other profiles and you have access to their favorite artists and public playlists. And other TIDAL users can find your profile and have
accss to your favorite artists and your public playlists.

I implemented following feature into the TIDAL2 addon:
  • View user profiles of your followers
  • View user profiles you follow
  • View public playlists and artists of other profiles
  • View the followers of other profiles
  • View your public playlists
  • Make your own playlists public or private (via context menu)
  • To follow a different users playlist, just add it to your favorites
  • Public playlists are marked with the users profile name (orange label extension)
The search function for user profiles is not implemented yet.
The API call to search for user profiles doesn't work with login sessions which uses the "web-based" authentication method which is used by the TIDAL2 addon.
I hope I can solve this problem in the next version.

If you use my repository from here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...p?raw=true  you will get the TIDAL2 addon update automatically.
If you don't use the TIDAL2 repository, you can download the new addon here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...p?raw=true
The corresponding context menu addon is also updated: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...p?raw=true

The context menu addon "TIDAL2 Search" is now on version V0.2.5 with following changes:
  • New context menu items for user playlists to "cleanup" your playlists:
    • Move MQA, Atmos or RA360 items to another user playlist
    • Move duplicate entries to another user playlist and keep the "best" item.
      The "best" item is MQA. If the same track is available as "explicit" and "non explicit" the "non explicit" item will be moved away.
    • "Move from here ..." to move multiple playlist items to another playlist
      (This function uses the TIDAL playlist oder, not the order of the sorted list inside Kodi)
  • Experimental function to build a "virtual library" for artists and albums
    • The virtual library directories can be set in the addon settings
    • Artist and album infos are saved as 'nfo' files
    • Album tracks are saved as "STRM" files including the TIDAL2 playback URL. This STRM files can be played from the Kodi file browser.

I'm sure that you will like some (or all) of these new features.
arneson
Awesome stuff ... thanks.

Quick question ... is there an option to shuffle playlists/track listings?
You've been busy! Thank you
(2023-03-09, 13:37)Willow2022 Wrote: Awesome stuff ... thanks.

Quick question ... is there an option to shuffle playlists/track listings?
You can use the shuffle function inside Kodi after start playing one song/video in the list.
Additionally you can add a keyboard shortcut into your keyboard.xml to enable/disable shuffle like this (here with key Ctrl-R)

xml:

<keymap>
  <global>
    <keyboard>
      <r mod="ctrl">PlayerControl(Random)</r>  <!-- Shuffle on/off -->
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>
Thumbs Up 
OK ... much appreciated ... thanks.
Is this plugin still active?

Asking for a friend

EDIT: Sorry, my browser hadn't updated the page since I posted and didn't see that there were replies. Glad to see there's still activity!
Kodi Matrix on Raspberry Pi4 4GB Libreelec - Gigabit Ethernet - Served from unRaid shares
Estuary skin - Netflix plug-in (CastagnalT) - Amazon Video Plug-in

Kodi Matrix on Pi4 in the car with USB storage and Mausberry 4A Power supply w/safe shutdown - HiFiBerry Digi+ optical out to Alpine PXA-800
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TIDAL music (former WiMP)8