Release [Video Addon] Viewster
(2015-09-21, 22:48)Wagg Wrote: Thanks for the update. Viewster has quickly become one of my favorite sources for free legal content on Kodi.

Are there any other good sources like this? I've found a few- Popcornflix being one.

You can check out my other addons http://addons.kodi.tv/author/t1m/ there several others like this one.
V2.0.3 in my git and test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.viewster

Fixed, I think. This website is really touchy and they make subtle changes which are hard to spot. Still need to work on subtitles and multi-language.

If you have installed my test repo:
https://github.com/learningit/repository...odi_addons

You should get an "auto-update" or "update available" message, depending on your "auto-update" setting. You may need to do a "Check for updates" to see the new version.

Please let me know if this works so that I can get the kodi.org repo updated.
Update: use version 2.0.3 has fix to play non-english videos
first off thank you for this addon. just wondering if it is possible to figure out how to allow us to change audio and subtitle language.

there are some anime shows that for example that have english or japanese audio with a few different subtitle language options on the viewster website which don't allow these options on this app so sometimes a series loads with a subtitle language i don't understand or with english audio when i would rather japanese.

if its not possible its not really that big a deal as i have the xbox app for those shows, woudl just be nice to have everything through kodi as the xbox360 app kinda sucks (don't like layout, doesn't mark watched episodes/movies which can be confusing).
(2015-09-29, 01:55)Steph09 Wrote: . just wondering if it is possible to figure out how to allow us to change audio and subtitle language.

there are some anime shows that for example that have english or japanese audio with a few different subtitle language options on the viewster website which don't allow these options on this app so sometimes a series loads with a subtitle language i don't understand or with english audio when i would rather japanese.

This is something that I forgot to get back to when I had to do a rewrite a while back. I'll see what can be done in the next week or two.
Not working again.
(2015-10-31, 01:50)Wagg Wrote: Not working again.

Make sure you have V2.0.3 from my git or repo, it works ok for me. If you still have problems, please post a debug log at xbmclogs or pastebin and explain what's not working.
First of all: Thanks to you for this nice Addon Smile
Just found viewster for myself a few days ago and was happy there is already a ready-to-go plugin for this site.

But i also had the problem, the addon didn't want to start, telling me kinda "ERROR - look at the logs for more info".
Just added the kodi_addons repo by installing the zip-file and did the update ... works fine now!
(2015-12-16, 01:18)renegade2k Wrote: First of all: Thanks to you for this nice Addon Smile
Just found viewster for myself a few days ago and was happy there is already a ready-to-go plugin for this site.

But i also had the problem, the addon didn't want to start, telling me kinda "ERROR - look at the logs for more info".
Just added the kodi_addons repo by installing the zip-file and did the update ... works fine now!

Thanks for reminding me to update the kodi.org repo with V2.0.3
YAAABTL: Yet Another Awesome Addon By t1m/learningit

Amazing how your addon indexes the site with categories and genres. The website itself has none of this.

~Jim
The categories and genres are on the Browse top menu con the website.

that said, this is a great addon, and I probably should use it more Tongue
great content But is there a way to select a lower quality cause my internet cant match up with it
I remember there used to be an option to switch from 360p to 480p streams, but I think it's no longer the case.
(2015-09-29, 01:55)Steph09 Wrote: first off thank you for this addon. just wondering if it is possible to figure out how to allow us to change audio and subtitle language.

if its not possible its not really that big a deal as i have the xbox app for those shows, woudl just be nice to have everything through kodi as the xbox360 app kinda sucks (don't like layout, doesn't mark watched episodes/movies which can be confusing).
Bump.
(2016-08-02, 14:41)Steph09 Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 01:55)Steph09 Wrote: first off thank you for this addon. just wondering if it is possible to figure out how to allow us to change audio and subtitle language.

Bump.

There is a fix for this that was generously submitted on my github by user name DeHecht from Germany. i haven't got around to updating the add-on because it really needs a re-write for Krypton. It's on my list to do, but there are a few other add-ons in front of it.
Just a heads up, viewster.com now shows an image implying the site is down for some sort of renewal Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Video Addon] Viewster0