• 7(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Absolutely love this addon... Is it possible to have Kodi library integration added? I looked around the settings and couldn't see an option for this, so apologies if I missed it.

Would be great if Albums etc in my All Access account were accessible from the Kodi music library. So you could see recently added, recently played, recommendations etc. I think one of the Spotify addons has this feature. It's also a bit like the way some streaming video addons have the ability to integrate with the native Kodi library. Basically the music area of the skin I use is just an empty shell as I have no local music library, would be great to see my All Access stuff there....

Thanks
AFAIK this is not possible.

Could you point me to an addon with this feature?
(2014-10-29, 15:23)foreverguest Wrote: AFAIK this is not possible.

Could you point me to an addon with this feature?

Pretty much every streaming addon from tvaddons.ag has this feature, but I won't post any links as their addons are frowned upon here for obvious reasons. The Hulu addon also had this feature, below is a quote from the Hulu addon thread. I've marked the important parts in bold.

Quote:Library contains settings for exporting your Hulu Subscription and Queue items so they can be scanned into your XBMC Library. It will create strm and nfo files to be scanned into your library.The "Library Folder Stored in add-on settings" option will store the files in the addon settings directory of xbmc. This is recommended if you have a single xbmc setup. It will add the directories as xbmc sources. You have to restart xbmc for them to show up. You can then set their content and scan them into your library.

Would be great if you could do the same with All Access... Thanks muchly!!
they most likely directly alter the DB from within python - there is no official API to do this.

@foreverguest
would be nice if you could add sort methods to all the views/directory listings. That way label2 would be filled in skins and you could see the artist along with the album without your hack by adding it in braces to the album name.

something lke this would have to be added to the "listMenu" function in GoogleMusicNavigation - ofc depending on the path/type of view.
Code:
self.xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), self.xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_ALBUM, "%A")
self.xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), self.xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_ARTIST)
self.xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), self.xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL)
self.xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), self.xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_VIDEO_YEAR)
self.xbmcplugin.addSortMethod(int(sys.argv[1]), self.xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_TRACKNUM)

I was also talking to sphere at devcon about how it would be possible to get the label2 filled for albums (which are internally folders) and we digged the core code a bit. Seems like it's not that easy with current core featureset, but sphere said that he was able to get album info dialog etc working in his jambmc (or alike) addon in case you would like to have a look.
(2014-10-29, 21:56)da-anda Wrote: they most likely directly alter the DB from within python - there is no official API to do this

Was this a reply to my post? They are not amending the DB, they are simply creating the steam files and NFOs for the streaming content, and then you add that file location to Kodi to scan for library updates. It gets added to the Kodi library like regular local files. Then when you choose to play something it uses the steam rather than a local file.
Hello. I have problem with installing this plugin in iOS version of Kodi. During installing from zip file there is error "there are not required dependencies". Have you anybody similar problem?
Quote:Library contains settings for exporting your Hulu Subscription and Queue items so they can be scanned into your XBMC Library. It will create strm and nfo files to be scanned into your library.The "Library Folder Stored in add-on settings" option will store the files in the addon settings directory of xbmc. This is recommended if you have a single xbmc setup. It will add the directories as xbmc sources. You have to restart xbmc for them to show up. You can then set their content and scan them into your library.

This method will not work with Google Music, its streams urls are valid for about 1 minute, so you have to request it just before playing.
Thank you for continuing to update and develop this addon. I've been using it for the last few weeks and everything works great. I have a couple requests:
  1. Is there a way that we can define the View for all artist folders at once without having to go into each folder individually? Right now when I select an artist it displays a list of all albums by that artist, I would like to set the view to Thumbnail so I can see the album art.
  2. Similarly, is there a way to pull the art that Google Music displays for the artists? It would be nice to be able to see that artist art when in Thumbnail view rather than the addon icon. If this is not possible, can it display one of the album arts within the artist folder similar to the way the other addon did?
  3. Finally, is there a way to have the addon ignore "The" prefix when sorting artists by name?

Unfortunately, I don't have All Access so I can't test any of those functions, but everything I have tested works flawlessly.
@da-anda
Thanks for these hints I will try to add and see how it works

@Devo7v
1. Setting views is possible, but I'm afraid it will not work on all skins, as each skin may have different views
2. I think it is possible, will investigate
3. Maybe with the sorting methods da-anda suggested, will investigate
Great Addon!

I'm All Access subscriber. And when i'm listening to my Radios (Instant Mixes), I dont see album cover, is there any way to get it automatically on every song i play?
Hey foreverguest... Did you see my post pointing you to some video streaming addons that's create nfo's etc for native library integration? Would be totally awesome!!

It's kind of a must have feature for video streaming addons to have library integration, I am really surprised no one else has asked for the same from your addon.

Cheers...
Tab
It was asked before but is not possible for Google Music as its streams are valid for only 1 minute.
foreverguest, is there anyway when a music is playing in full screen to show the album cover? Thanks!
Not implemented yet. Will see to it when I have time.
Hello everyone,

First time poster here. This addon is what brought me here so I hope someone can help me.

I installed this addon on my XBMC but I can't make it work.

At first, I got the error of "Script failed: Invalid credentials". After uising google I got to this thread, and used the troubleshoot in the first post of this thread saying that I should enable the "less secure apps" on my google account.

I did that and tried again. Now, instead of giving an error, the xbmc just waits until it just stops and doesn't do anything.

Can anyone help me out? I' d love to have my G Music account on xbmc!!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17