• 22(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
I just upgraded to the latest Alpha (1.4Alpha2) and I am having some dificulty scanning/adding the exported STRM files to the music library. File mode works well. After some research I belive ether NFO files or proper tags will be required for the default scrapper to corectly add them to the library. Not sure how this can be fixed, just thought I'd point it out. Great addon overall!

http://kodi.wiki/view/Internet_video_and...he_library

http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_music_to_th...music_Tags
Importent quote:
Your audio files MUST have correct audio tags to use the Music Library mode. Without tags you're limited to the file view in XBMC/Kodi.
After spending most of the evening with this I'm guessing Kodi doesn't support adding strm files to music library at all. I might be wrong but
Quote:2 Adding STRM files to the library

You can associate meta-data, such as cover art and summaries, to a .strm file just like normal entries in a library by using an NFO file, just as you would for a normal video file.
There's no standard for adding music metadata to specific strm file other than nfo and nfos are used only for artist and album information.
(2015-03-22, 21:58)miscz Wrote: After spending most of the evening with this I'm guessing Kodi doesn't support adding strm files to music library at all. I might be wrong but
Quote:2 Adding STRM files to the library

You can associate meta-data, such as cover art and summaries, to a .strm file just like normal entries in a library by using an NFO file, just as you would for a normal video file.
There's no standard for adding music metadata to specific strm file other than nfo and nfos are used only for artist and album information.

Not sure if this is useful information but you can add metadata to specific songs by using cue sheets. They are text files (actually .cue files) that are in functionality very similar to NFOs. Just make one cue file for each song, contaning the relevant metadata.
Did a few tests with .cue files.
Indeed they add metadata to the strm files (you can see when file browsing), but Kodi still ignores them when scanning to library.
Hello All,
Happy to see a google music add-on in the works. Thanks for the hard work foreverguest and testers.

Question -- is an All Access account required?

I have installed the 1.4alpha2 copy on a raspi2 running OE 5.0.5 and receiving an invalid credentials error when attempting to run the add-on. I checked my kodi log and see an SSL error being thrown. Is this an OE issue?

http://pastebin.com/eC7UKpvp
Hi there! Good job with this addon, I had it working flawless for several days.
Now I realize that suddenly all my library is missing. I tried to configure it again but nothing doing. Any idea? Thanks! ^^
(2015-03-29, 19:02)warspawn Wrote: Hello All,
Happy to see a google music add-on in the works. Thanks for the hard work foreverguest and testers.

Question -- is an All Access account required?

I have installed the 1.4alpha2 copy on a raspi2 running OE 5.0.5 and receiving an invalid credentials error when attempting to run the add-on. I checked my kodi log and see an SSL error being thrown. Is this an OE issue?

http://pastebin.com/eC7UKpvp
Check your emails,
If like me google have probably emailed you about allowing access to these kind of apps.
Click the link to allow access.
Hello,
I just tried this Google Music Addon on my Raspberry Pi under OpenElec.
Unfortunately, I can not connect using my account.
The error message in the logs says: 'No devices found, registered mobile device required!'
How can I register my device?

Thanks!

Bye,
Jürgen
Ok. I found it out myself :-).
I had to enter my smartphone ID under the settings of the addon.
Now I can connect to Google Music.
But how can I search music and use my playlists?
Bye,
Jürgen
For everyone with a problem, please upload your Kodi log to pastebin and share the link, so I can check for errors.

@Jurgen.Bauer, if you can connect, your library will be loaded when executing the addon and your playlists should be available.

@warspan, an all access is needed if you want access to Google online library, or else you'll have access only to your uploaded songs. "Invalid credentials" message: enable less secure apps https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapp
Thanks Steve_uk and foreverguest. I did receive an email about less secure devices. Also, thanks for clarifying all access vs uploaded songs. My collection is uploaded. As for enabling a less secure device, I'm not certain I want to change this setting. But again, thank you for the responses and this add-on development.
(2015-03-27, 20:43)foreverguest Wrote: Did a few tests with .cue files.
Indeed they add metadata to the strm files (you can see when file browsing), but Kodi still ignores them when scanning to library.

@foreverguest: did u found a solution for this? I mean to be able to add an strm file to music library.
Same here. Cannot access my playlist or anything really. Sad
(2015-04-01, 05:08)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2015-03-27, 20:43)foreverguest Wrote: Did a few tests with .cue files.

@foreverguest: did u found a solution for this? I mean to be able to add an strm file to music library.

No, even adding metadata through nfo or cue files the strm files are not added to the library, maybe Kodi only accepts strm files in video library.
thanks for ur answer @foreverguest
yeap.. in fact, I just went to source code and it looks like strm files are no supported because once a music file is found, it try to get the metadata from it, and obviously strm files don't haven't.

May be it's time to get in to kodi core development hehe.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17