• 24(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
I think you have to activate less secure access in Google to let it login with this application. Try that.
(2015-05-08, 08:27)fgarcor Wrote: I think you have to activate less secure access in Google to let it login with this application. Try that.

if you have two factor auth set up on your google account you just need to generate an app password to use this plugin. if you do this you are all good. how i set it up.
(2015-05-04, 19:12)Skank Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 17:14)Skank Wrote: is library already filled after export?

anyone?

No, Kodi doesn't support audio strm files in library.
Love this add-on! One thing I'm noticing is if I have added an album to my library (not uploaded, added through the subscription service) and then added that album to a playlist, the tracks show up twice when I browse the album. I'm on 1.4a2 on Kodi 15 b1 on Windows 8.1.
Activating less seure did the job. Thanks for the great plugin.
Doesn't seem to install on my Raspberry PI with OpeneElec...

installed:
script.module.mutagen-1.21.0 -> successfull
script.module.gmusicapi-2013.02.28 -> successfull

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4alpha2 -> doesn't seem to install... any ideas?
(2015-05-12, 01:39)foreverguest Wrote:
(2015-05-04, 19:12)Skank Wrote:
(2015-04-24, 17:14)Skank Wrote: is library already filled after export?

anyone?

No, Kodi doesn't support audio strm files in library.
Do you know if kodi has any plans to support it or if there is already any feature request for it?
Hi all....Foreverquest.....thnx for this great addon. I use it every day.

I just updated to 1.4 alpha and seem to have the same problem mentioned in post 333 (invalid credentials). Re-entering my credentials, Uninstall/install, downgrading to 1.3, clearing cache/cookies does not work. I have no clue. I hope any of you has a suggestion I could try? I really really need this addon up and running Big Grin

THNX
(2015-05-26, 01:34)fgarcor Wrote:
(2015-05-12, 01:39)foreverguest Wrote: No, Kodi doesn't support audio strm files in library.
Do you know if kodi has any plans to support it or if there is already any feature request for it?

I'm not involved in Kodi development, don't know where to check this.
Maybe da-anda can help? Huh
Please test new alpha version below:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.4alpha3
- upgraded gmusicapi library to use OAuth authentication, 'less secure apps' not needed anymore
- fixed 'play in youtube' by upgrading to youtube v3 api
- fixed 'Free and purchased' playlist
- contrib: 'Shuffle Albums' by dvirtz
- contrib: support for sort by Album, Artist, Year and Date to album listings by rui-castro
- contrib: show albums for album_artist entries too by nfvs
- contrib: read disc number property so tracks sort properly by nfvs
- translation to Portuguese by rui-castro
- translation to French by mrotschi
- translation to German by jgierer12

If you have any errors please upload kodi log to pastebin and share link.
Just a short test:
- play in youtube is now working, yay.
- I have the feeling, that it is snappier when contacting google music.

But I got some trouble exporting the lib (I had these with alpha2 as well). The export stops after about 100 tracks with a script error.

edit:
Looks like a character problem, (I got songs with Latin-1 chars like umlauts and éèô.

Code:
12:09:46 T:1622144064  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
12:09:46 T:1622144064  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:09:46 T:1622144064  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.4~alpha3]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '-1', '?action=export_library']
12:09:47 T:1622144064   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 51: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/default.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                GoogleMusicActions.GoogleMusicActions().executeAction(action, params)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/GoogleMusicActions.py", line 43, in executeAction
                                                self.exportLibrary(utils.addon.getSetting('export_path'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/GoogleMusicActions.py", line 142, in exportLibrary
                                                if not os.path.exists(os.path.join(path,artist,album)):
                                              File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-5.0/build.OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-5.0.8/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 18, in exists
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 51: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

edit 2:
u\xf6 is 'ö' &ouml; ... so no luck with Mötley Crüe Smile

edit3:
Just had a wee peek at the code and I only guess, that Google Music is returning the info in UTF-8. Maybe adding a ".decode('utf-8')" in the function "def _sanitizePath(self, name):" in GoogleMusicActions.py?

Keep up the good work!
Hi,

First of all. Thanks for this add-on, it's really great and useful.

I noticed a bug when I try to add one of the folder in the add-on as a favorite, I get this error in the logs:

Code:
21:48:19 T:139887073179392  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.4~alpha2]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '-1', '?action=add_favourite&path=playlists&playlist_type=user&title=Playlists']
21:48:19 T:139887073179392   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: GoogleMusicActions instance has no attribute 'addon_url'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/daniel/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/default.py", line 18, in <module>
                                                GoogleMusicActions.GoogleMusicActions().executeAction(action, params)
                                              File "/home/daniel/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/GoogleMusicActions.py", line 29, in executeAction
                                                self.addFavourite(params.pop("title"),params)
                                              File "/home/daniel/.kodi/addons/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/GoogleMusicActions.py", line 124, in addFavourite
                                                fav = fav % (name, xbmc.translatePath(self.icon), self.addon_url, url[1:])
                                            AttributeError: GoogleMusicActions instance has no attribute 'addon_url'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

On a related topic, I'm looking for a way to add shortcuts to google music playlists or folders to my theme (eminence), if anyone has an idea, I'm all ears.

Cheers
Uhm, a short question on the alpha3:
"upgraded gmusicapi library to use OAuth authentication, 'less secure apps' not needed anymore"
How do I use it? I've got two factor authentication enabled and alpha3 still works with the "less secure apps" password but I'd like to use proper permission handling.
Is there a small howto?

Thanks!
(2015-05-29, 00:11)MCipher Wrote: Uhm, a short question on the alpha3:
"upgraded gmusicapi library to use OAuth authentication, 'less secure apps' not needed anymore"
How do I use it? I've got two factor authentication enabled and alpha3 still works with the "less secure apps" password but I'd like to use proper permission handling.
Is there a small howto?

Thanks!

2 factor authentication requires an application specific password:
https://security.google.com/settings/sec...ppasswords
Getting error that my credentials are invalid, but it won't even let me open the add-on to update them (not that I need to, they haven't changed)

Edit: Nevermind, upgraded to alpha3 and everything is ok again. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17