• 30(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
I'm not sure what is causing this. Try manually removing the user addon settings by removing folder .kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp.
After that you'll need to provide your user/password and any other setting you have changed again.

PS: thanks for donating!
Unfortunately, that didn't work. I think maybe I screwed up something when I replaced my "Music" Main Menu with "Music Addons" (renaming Music Addons to Music). The only other thing I could think is maybe I accidentally deleted the My Music Kodi database file. I tried completely resetting my Aeon Nox 5 Skin. But, that didn't help.

The main symptom is I can't "Select" any child menu items under my "Music" Main Menu.
It does not work. can I know what is the problem?
(2015-07-30, 04:56)ogui1993 Wrote: It does not work. can I know what is the problem?

Are you having problems with the addon? Please try to describe the problem and check the log for errors: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file
never really thought about using google music but it seems like it would be quite the add on
I just wanted to report back I got this addon to work by deleting the "entire" userdata folder; and, all it's contents. That fixed some other issues too with Kodi.

BTW: I'm curious if you made any progress with this. I often add items to my library. So, it would be nice to count on them being there when I try to play them back. Restarting the entire addon isn't really a practical solution. I was hoping for an automated solution I could do programmatically via script.

(2015-07-27, 21:05)foreverguest Wrote: For now you can create a script to manually remove the file 'googlemusic.db' from .kodi/userdata/Database. Next time you run the addon it will reload all your library.

I'll check if it's possible to add an external call in the the addon to reload the library.
Big Grin You are a genius ! Excellent Music Addon, plus the Youtube thing is really cool! Congratulations.

Rolleyes The bad part: Just a sugestion, let manually update Play Music Library. It would be cool to manually update the library, because if I just edit a MP3 tag I don´t see the changes right away, so I have to wait an hour to see changes...
@CaBrA. just to be clear what I'm asking (automatic library updates when user wants to) doesn't "require" to be the only option. As, it doesn't make sense to remove existing functionality. Auto library updates can be option for people who want more integration between Gmusic and their local Kodi library more seamless, less hassle for simple tasks.
(2015-08-02, 01:44)MKANET Wrote: @CaBrA. just to be clear what I'm asking (automatic library updates when user wants to) doesn't "require" to be the only option. As, it doesn't make sense to remove existing functionality. Auto library updates can be option for people who want more integration between Gmusic and their local Kodi library more seamless, less hassle for simple tasks.

Sorry if I don´t understand, I don´t mean library integration... I mean update the information read from Google Music. For example, I change a MP3 ID tag inside Google Music and I don´t see the update in the Addon. This addon has Kodi library integration??
CaBrA, I don't know about MP3 ID tags; since gmusic only saves strm files with limited metadata info embedded in those files.

IMO, one of the best features of this addon is being able to save your favorite songs to your Music library (as if they're real MP3s). So, these files are treated just like any other local music files when browsing your Kodi Music library. So, when they playback, you get fanart, song lyrics, screensaver, etc.
Yes, library integration is a great feature! The only info I need to know is what happen if I change (add file, rename file, etc) something in my G Music account, cause I didn´t saw changes.

Please MKANET there is something I don´t understand. If there is library integration... how can I ENABLE and DISABLE it? I don´t fully understand the addon settings. I thoght the update time set was for searching music in my Google account... How can I re-load my music from Google? or is uploaded everytime I open the addon?

Note: I ask this cause two things: 1) I dont see my music in library and... 2) there are mismatches in albums shown in addon and in Google page.

Tnx
CaBrA, Best thing to do is try the below demonstration to understand what I'm talking about:

1. Start Gmusic addon..
2. Search for any song you don't already have. Just highlight the song title (but don't play it).
3,. Then, press "C" on your keyboard (or right-mouse-click) on the song title to select, "Add to library" from the context menu.

Immediately, after selecting that... the Gmusic addon will display notification text saying, Library Update needed (even though, that's what we just tried to do by selecting update library) Smile. Currently, we have to wait a minimum of 1 hour before this song shows up under the local Kodi Music Library (if you have one setup already).

In other words, you wont see Items show up in your Music library unless you actually tell it to do that.

@oreverguest: I wasn't able to add Albums to my library in this fashion. It would be great to be able to add Albums too to our Library in the same fashion as above (via context menu "Add to Library".
Hi,
installed the addon and configured it with my account Information.

Started from Music addons, after a while, I got an addon error without could have been logged in.

System tells me I should look in my logfile.

But where do i find it - I am using a fire tv stick.

Best
Michael
Are you using a Google Music as a Gmusic subscriber or with a free account? Please follow the instructions below for posting log information for Kodi addons

http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
I am a Google Play Music All Access subscriber in my One Month Testing Period. Does that make a difference?
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17