• 36(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Strange Hickup inside the Addon to initialise the Database

I do run this addon on two different computers inside my home.

1.) RaspberryPi with OpenElec 5.03 (Kodi 14)
2.) Notebook with Kodi 15.1 wih Linux and Windows

The version I'm running on both systems is the lastest version.
I did try to refesh the Database on both systems because I added a few songs into my personal library. My CD Collection inside the Cloud is so called "huge". I have over 1700 CD's and 27000 Songs inside. The update of the database is running without a problem on the Notebook with Kodi 15.1

If I do make the same action on the RaspberryPI the hole Systems do crash after a few minuts of working. I can not longer make a login with ssh or samba. The only thing I can do is to reboot the Raspeberry.

After some search an try I found a solution to my problem. I make a copy of the the Addon Database from my notebook to the raspberry and it is running again and do not crash the system. Is there a limitation how great the database could be Huh?
(2015-10-26, 21:31)linuxluemmel Wrote: Strange Hickup inside the Addon to initialise the Database

I did try to refesh the Database on both systems because I added a few songs into my personal library. My CD Collection inside the Cloud is so called "huge". I have over 1700 CD's and 27000 Songs inside. The update of the database is running without a problem on the Notebook with Kodi 15.1

If I do make the same action on the RaspberryPI the hole Systems do crash after a few minuts of working. I can not longer make a login with ssh or samba. The only thing I can do is to reboot the Raspeberry.

After some search an try I found a solution to my problem. I make a copy of the the Addon Database from my notebook to the raspberry and it is running again and do not crash the system. Is there a limitation how great the database could be Huh?
I have the same problem. RaspberryPi1/openElec 5.0.8
(2015-10-26, 22:40)yuralcfr Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 21:31)linuxluemmel Wrote: Strange Hickup inside the Addon to initialise the Database

Copy the database from the Google Music Addon from a running system and your Addon on the Raspberry will run again.
Because the hole systems looks up on Database Initialisation I can not get a copy of the system log to analyse the error. The only thing working after the crash is response to my icmp reply. Any other connection ssh or smb is not responding properly anymore.
(2015-10-26, 23:04)linuxluemmel Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 22:40)yuralcfr Wrote:

Copy the database from the Google Music Addon from a running system and your Addon on the Raspberry will run again.
Because the hole systems looks up on Database Initialisation I can not get a copy of the system log to analyse the error. The only thing working after the crash is response to my icmp reply. Any other connection ssh or smb is not responding properly anymore.
Thanks.
I tried but did not work. Notebook/Windows10/kodi15 to raspberry
(2015-10-26, 23:11)yuralcfr Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 23:04)linuxluemmel Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 22:40)yuralcfr Wrote: I have the same problem. RaspberryPi1/openElec 5.0.8

Thanks.

Only to copy the database is not enough for the addon to work again. The valid Database is referenced inside the settings xml file for the application. Copy the Database File and the valid xml file to your RaspberryPi and the Addon should run like a charme. Little Tip : As long it do crash on the RaspberryPi side do not allow Updates of the Database inside the settings.

Best regards from switzerland
Hans
(2015-10-27, 11:05)linuxluemmel Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 23:11)yuralcfr Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 23:04)linuxluemmel Wrote: Copy the database from the Google Music Addon from a running system and your Addon on the Raspberry will run again.
Thanks.

Only to copy the database is not enough for the addon to work again. The valid Database is referenced inside the settings xml file for the application. Copy the Database File and the valid xml file to your RaspberryPi and the Addon should run like a charme. Little Tip : As long it do crash on the RaspberryPi side do not allow Updates of the Database inside the settings.

Hans
Thank you Hans! It's working.
(2015-10-27, 16:14)yuralcfr Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 11:05)linuxluemmel Wrote:
(2015-10-26, 23:11)yuralcfr Wrote: Thanks.

Hans
Thank you Hans! It's working.

You're welcome. For me, this is the most important Addon for my RaspberryPi. I wonna do a little more work on this specific topic. In the meantime I do disable Database refreshing on the RaspBerryPI.
I guess with a valid Log-File of the crashed System, the Programmer of this exellent Addon could do some bugfixes.
I have Raspberry Openenelec 5.0.8, i install addon, configure it with my account and pass of gmusic, and...
"Invalid credentials or connectivity problems", " Script failed". My user and pass are wright and checked, but its impossible to connect, what can i do? Thnks
Try enabling less secure apps in your Google account or 2-step verification and create an App-specific password
(2015-10-29, 04:14)foreverguest Wrote: Try enabling less secure apps in your Google account or 2-step verification and create an App-specific password

Thanks, it works fine.
Thanks 4 all!!!!
Is there a way to thumbs up a track so that it goes in the thumbs up playlist?

I did try adding the song I wanted to thumb to a playlist but when I try that I get a box that comes up and says add to playlist but doesn't offer any lists, this is on a fire TV running 15.2.
Hi

No matter what i do i keep getting the Invalid Credentials or Connectivity issue.

I have 2 step auth on.
I have created App Passwords (many times)
I use the Google Play on on My Phone
I have tried on a virgin Install of Kodi 15.2
I have tried 3 separate machines on my network

Interestingly the Google Apps Password page shows i have accessed using the password.

I am a paid up All Access User.
I am also a Google for Biz user - but have gone through all the security setting i can see

There doesn't seem to be anything helpful in the logs

help - please

J
(2015-10-29, 23:50)J Blog Wrote: Is there a way to thumbs up a track so that it goes in the thumbs up playlist?

I did try adding the song I wanted to thumb to a playlist but when I try that I get a box that comes up and says add to playlist but doesn't offer any lists, this is on a fire TV running 15.2.

You can't thumb up a song via add-on, maybe we can add this feature in the future.
The add-on only show playlists already created, does not create new playlists, another feature to be implemented.

Both operations only via Google Music apps for now.
Please test new version:

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.6
- added option 'Add to queue' for albums and playlists
- added option 'Export' to playlists, exporting to a M3U file
- show your Genres library organized by albums
- fix problem with huge library failing to load on a Raspberry Pi

@jslinnha, please search log with this version for any error
@foreverguest Thanks for the new version, and quick turnaround. Same issue i'm afraid.

Code:
15:36:05 T:10844  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.6]  ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '1', '']
15:36:06 T:10844  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.6] Trying to fetch the device_id
15:36:06 T:10844  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.6] Logging in
15:36:08 T:10844  NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.6] Login failed
15:36:11 T:10844   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\jslinnhawk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.py", line 51, in <module>
                                                login.initDevice()
                                              File "C:\Users\jslinnhawk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicLogin.py", line 49, in initDevice
                                                self.login(True)
                                              File "C:\Users\jslinnhawk\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMusicLogin.py", line 98, in login
                                                raise
                                            TypeError: exceptions must be old-style classes or derived from BaseException, not NoneType
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:36:11 T:9596   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/
15:36:11 T:9596   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/) failed

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17