Release - Experimental Google Music Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Director83 Offline
Can I access my GPM Podcasts through this addon? If not, is that a feature that you are interested in working on?

Regardless, thank you for this
find quote
MKANET Offline
After all this time, I just realized that this plugin also plays back youtube music videos too (from search results). Very nice! I just donated again.
find quote
curael Offline
Is it possible to get the "Recents" feature implemented as a choice in the main menu? I would very much like to just have the "Recents" listed so I don't have to do a search or browse my library, since it's honestly inconvenient from a remote control. :/

Been using this plug-in for a while and I've had no issues with log-in or what ever on Kodi 17 - it just works for me. But I'd like "Recents" if it's not too much work.

Thanks for reading. Smile
find quote
foreverguest Offline
Fan
(2017-07-10 17:39)Director83 Wrote:  Can I access my GPM Podcasts through this addon? If not, is that a feature that you are interested in working on?

Regardless, thank you for this

It doesn't support podcasts yet, but if there is interest, I can try to work on it for a future version.
find quote
foreverguest Offline
Fan
Thumbs Up  RE: Experimental Google Music Addon
(2017-07-20 16:25)curael Wrote:  Is it possible to get the "Recents" feature implemented as a choice in the main menu? I would very much like to just have the "Recents" listed so I don't have to do a search or browse my library, since it's honestly inconvenient from a remote control. :/

Been using this plug-in for a while and I've had no issues with log-in or what ever on Kodi 17 - it just works for me. But I'd like "Recents" if it's not too much work.

Thanks for reading. Smile

"Recents" to the todo list, thanks.
find quote
bennyblanc0 Offline
I have been using Pandoki to stream Pandora but unfortunately Pandora is shutting down for NZ and Aus. Thinking about going down the Google Music route so long as I can manage it nicely through Kodi. This add-on seems pretty solid but I can't seem to find how to view/start my saved stations?

Also, the search function seems a bit hit and miss wrt to unicode characters?

Code:
22:32:42.077 T:1620 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '32', '?path=search']
22:32:42.161 T:1620 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] PATH: search
22:33:02.335 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] ARGV: ['plugin://plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp/', '33', '?path=search_query&query=amy%20winehouse']
22:33:02.413 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] PATH: search_query
22:33:02.413 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] API getsearch: amy%20winehouse
22:33:02.640 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loading auth from cache
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loaded 0 tracks (0 art miss)
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] Loaded 0 albums (0 art miss)
22:33:03.918 T:6628 NOTICE: [GoogleMusicEXP-1.11.1] API search results: tracks 0 albums 0 artists 0 stations 0 videos 20
22:33:03.924 T:6628 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\default.​​py", line 40, in <module>
GoogleMusicNavigation.GoogleMusicNavigation().listMenu(params)
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​​sicNavigation.py", line 132, in listMenu
listItems = self.getSearch(get("query"))
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​​sicNavigation.py", line 553, in getSearch
listItems.append(self.createFolder(video['title'],{'action':'play_yt','display_name':video['title']}))
File "C:\Users\benja\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp\GoogleMu​​sicNavigation.py", line 428, in createFolder
return "?".join([utils.addon_url, urlencode(params)]), li, "true"
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 1347, in urlencode
v = quote_plus(str(v))
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 19: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

EDIT:

Added the following at line 428 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py and the unicode issue seems to be resolved.

Code:
for key, value in params.iteritems():
            #utils.log("key: "+key.encode('utf-8')+" value: "+value.encode('utf-8'))
            params[key] = value.encode('utf-8')
(This post was last modified: 2017-07-22 14:00 by bennyblanc0.)
find quote
foreverguest Offline
Fan
(2017-07-22 12:41)bennyblanc0 Wrote:  Added the following at line 428 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py and the unicode issue seems to be resolved.

Code:
for key, value in params.iteritems():
            #utils.log("key: "+key.encode('utf-8')+" value: "+value.encode('utf-8'))
            params[key] = value.encode('utf-8')

Thanks, I'll add your fix to next version.
find quote
bennyblanc0 Offline
One other issue for me was when using a search history item which happened to have spaces, it would only show youtube videos in the results. Couple of small code changes got this right for me.

Changed line 4 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py to:
Code:
from urllib import quote_plus, unquote_plus, urlencode, url2pathname

Changed line 132 in GoogleMusicNavigation.py to:
Code:
listItems = self.getSearch(url2pathname(get("query")))

Really stoked on this app Smile
find quote
brickZA Offline
Hi,

Is the current development code repo for this plugin available? The github link (https://github.com/vially/googlemusic-xbmc) does not seem to have been updated in more than a year, yet more recent changes are discussed on the forum. I'm always interested in helping out with plugins that I use, so useful to know where pull requests can be made if I run into issues.

Cheers
Neilen
find quote
foreverguest Offline
Fan
My fault, I'll try to keep it updated.
find quote
Noobie101 Offline
I see it only works on android any chance to get it ported to windows? I see it will not see the decorator addon. anyway I could help I wouldn't mind trying.. I use google music all the time and this would be a awesome addition to my kodi experience.
find quote
foreverguest Offline
Fan
It works in Windows, have you tried and had any problems?
find quote
Noobie101 Offline
Using Kodi 17 and 18 I actually have 2 issues on install it can't install deocartor .or request s... So I got it from somewhere off the internet I forget where.

Once I have it installed then I doesn't see deocartor ... I think that how u spell it ..

So that's my issue is the dependances.
find quote
Noobie101 Offline
(2017-08-13 12:02)Noobie101 Wrote:  Using Kodi 17 and 18 I actually have 2 issues on install it can't install deocartor .or request s... So I got it from somewhere off the internet I forget where.

Once I have it installed then I doesn't see deocartor ... I think that how u spell it ..

So that's my issue is the dependances.

Not sure the difference but I downloaded the direct link instead of using the repo and it works... this is freaking amazing thank you.
find quote