• 78(current)
Release Experimental Google Music Addon
Odd... It’s a problem I suddenly have on all my devices (iPad, iPhone, Mac and FireTV) with Kodi 17.6, 18.2 ans 18.4...
Hello,

I've been trying to build out a small setup so I can move an amp away from PC to the other side of the room. My big requirement is being able to stream an MP3 radio station and listen to GPM. I've been trying to get Kodi on LibreELEC to work on a PI 2 and a PI 4. I have to say at this point I'm very frustrated in the whole attempt. Honestly, I'm actually considering using Raspbian and VNC. Sad

LibreELEC: LibreELEC (official): 9.1.501 (RPi4.arm)
Kodi 18.4
Exp GPM version: Beta2 linked a page or two back.
Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/cujujogime.kodi

The issue stems from an earlier reported issue regarding Python and lib2to3 missing.

Does anyone have a fix for this without me having to compile something from scratch? A linked lib that supposedly solved the issue is no longer available. I'm a software engineer 5 days a week so I don't mind technical solutions but I had hoped that Kodi and its addins were a little more worn-in than what I'm seeing. I don't mind throwing in some fixes to the project if something needs to be tested. I'd really like to see this move from Beta to a stable release.

Since I'm new to HTPC/Mediacenter builds is using LibreELEC considered sub-optimal? Should I be on version 17.x of Kodi seeing that every guide makes no mention of 18? I had hoped that the Pi 4 would be up to the task but I should have reviewed other's investigations with it as I suppose that it is still too "bleeding edge" for most stuff (the screen tearing is gawd awful).

Thanks for looking. Sorry for the ranty part. Just spent the entire day trying to figure this out and I'm about at the same spot where I started (albeit most of my time was trying to get SMB working between Kodi and Windows 10).
Hi mikerjr83,

not sure this also works for the beta (I think so), but to make the google play music exp plugin (1.12) work, do the following:

in file 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/past/translation/__init__.py
comment out lines 41 and 42:
Code:
#from lib2to3.pgen2.parse import ParseError
#from lib2to3.refactor import RefactoringTool

in file 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/libfuturize/fixes/__init__.py
comment out line 2:
Code:
#from lib2to3 import refactor

HTH
2.0beta works fine, beta6 will not start, had no log...

small Question. It is possible to make a Option to download Music for offline use like the App Download only for Premium user
its a small request
Wink 
(2019-08-12, 22:32)foreverguest Wrote: Please try this version:

plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-2.0beta2
[font][font]Beta 1 funguje na RPi4B, LibreELEC 😀[/font][/font]
Does anyone have a zip of 'lib2to3.pgen2.parse'

The one previously posted has been removed. I can't seem to get this add on working with my account.

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ewijixopov.kodi
On beta2, can log-in and everything but everything that I have uploaded myself fails to play. Any song from the Google Play store plays just fine. It's just my uploaded content that won't work. Going back to 1.12 for now. OAuth seems to work at least, which is nice.
Hello all,

I just set up a new Raspberry 4 with Libreelec and Kodi and installed some addons. Finally I got everything to work (Netflix, Youtube, Youtube Music etc.).
The only thing I get not working is this addon.

I've tried both versions: 1.12 installed from repository and the beta version. 
As soon as I open the addon it will bring up an error message and it does not even allow to add credentials. 
In Kodi log there are errors that some dependencies are not available (script.module plugins). I've installed manually some plugin dependencies from the original repo, but it didn't help.

Has anyone an idea how to get this addon up with lates Kodi (V18)?

Regards Sku
(2020-01-20, 05:37)J.L.C. Wrote: Does anyone have a zip of 'lib2to3.pgen2.parse'

The one previously posted has been removed. I can't seem to get this add on working with my account.

Log is here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ewijixopov.kodi

Hi,

I have CoreElec 9.2.1 and I have the same problem.
Do you have lib2to3 zip file ?

Thanks
(2019-09-29, 16:07)0rphu Wrote: Hi mikerjr83,

not sure this also works for the beta (I think so), but to make the google play music exp plugin (1.12) work, do the following:

in file 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/past/translation/__init__.py
comment out lines 41 and 42:
Code:
#from lib2to3.pgen2.parse import ParseError
#from lib2to3.refactor import RefactoringTool

in file 
Code:
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.future/libs/libfuturize/fixes/__init__.py
comment out line 2:
Code:
#from lib2to3 import refactor

HTH
Work fine for me with plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.12
Thank you!
You can try MusConv to transfer your music. It's a great tool to transfer music.
Sad 
First, thanks to 0rphu for the fix for v1.12. The beta was giving me a bit of random troubles but 1.12 works fine now... for tracks in my library. Radio stations don't work.

Obviously GPM doesn't like us free account holders to listen to free radio without ads. Whenever I try any station, I just get hundreds of "Kodi error, check the log" messages in a minute. I would paste the whole log via hastebin here but is only endless repeats of the same error, with this seemingly the most important part:

Error Type: <class 'gmusicapi.exceptions.NotSubscribed'>
Error Contents: Store tracks require a subscription to stream. (https://goo.gl/v1wVHT)

I just hope some day someone will figure out a hack or trick to get Stations to work again.
I have only the Google Music Play free account and also have 2-step verification enabled, how does this add-on handle the 2-step verify requirement?
I'm suddenly getting
Login Failed
Invalid credentials or connectivity problems

Has something changed API side?

Edit: i deleted the add-on and settings, did this link
https://accounts.google.com/b/0/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Then reinstalled and added my username and password and again, and it's working
  • 78(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experimental Google Music Addon17