• 182(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-12-22, 13:00)macavita Wrote: so , nobody know where is the link.
sorry to ask again but i use the addon to play music in my coffee shop

Dude, for real?

To be such rude to someone who develop this addon all by himself freely (without being paid) you don't have the manners to wait until it got fixed?
Bromix I would love to be able to help out with sorting invalid signature calculations in future to help support the community when youtube changes after you leave to do whatever you plan for the future.

Could you please point me in the right direction to learn. Ive been reading quite allot on the youtube api website but im still at a loss as to how you decipher the signatures...

good luck for the future...

Have a good christmas and thanks for the update you have made my christmas.

PS macavita you can download the latest source from bromix's github repository. If you really cant wait for the update to just happen...
Thanks Bromix for the contributions you've made to this awesome add-on!!! Hope all is well in your personal life. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Updated to latest zip from 4 hours ago, deleted the cache sqlite DB, all is well. Videos that did not play before are now playing (including music videos from VEVO).

Thanks for all the work on this project, and the update this morning to get it back up and running. If I had a few hours a day to myself to code, I'd fork your work and continue it on myself, but as it is I only am able to post this today because I'm home with a sick 2 year old. Hopefully someone will continue your work.

It was a brilliant move when you started it. When I ran the first beta, and saw that it used the YouTube API to login (i.e. like a set top box) vs the old plugin's method of basically scraping the site with cookies, I was amazed. You really took the right approach to this project, and built it up the right way from the start.

It's a shame to see you go, but it's a thankless effort being a developer of an open source plugin (even one so highly active and used). You deserve 100x more thanks than you have ever got, and I wish you well in your endeavors.
I'll just add in my thanks to Bromix. The add-on has been great and is by far the most used add-on for me.
Another thank you to Bromix. This is my favorite Kodi add-on.
(2015-12-22, 13:00)macavita Wrote: so , nobody know where is the link.
sorry to ask again but i use the addon to play music in my coffee shop

So you're the one of the people that are using up all the API calls /s
How to remove this?: default search order by date (newest first).HuhHuh
Thank you for your great work BromixNod Luck in your life
Thanks for the hard work and the fix Bromix.

I hope somebody will take over your work as a lot of add ons depend on yours.

Enjoy the holidays and all the best to you.
I, too, would like to say how much I have appreciated your work on this addon. I use it everyday. You've done a terrific job...and you will be missed. Hopefully someone will pick up your work and carry it forward.

Best regards,
Bob
I have to say, one the of the best addon of all time.

Great work and good luck in your life ahead.

I am more than happy to pickup the development if Kodi is not going to do anything and make part of its standard repository.

Will send the email to bromix as he will the one who decides who can work on it etc and provide permission.
I had so many problems trying to even USE the add-on today. It wouldn't search, I couldn't play any videos, I couldn't even load my channel.

So I went into the code, changed the Isengard API key and OAuth information to one I just created for myself, and suddenly everything works again. Super happy!

With respect to bromix, I think (having looked at the API limits for YouTube) that whoever takes on this project in the future should include notes on how to set up your own API key. It took me all of 10 minutes (and a little more than half of that was finding the right buttons to push to get my keys), and then I have an add-on that will never compete for API resources with anybody else on the planet.
(2015-12-23, 09:26)superwad Wrote: I had so many problems trying to even USE the add-on today. It wouldn't search, I couldn't play any videos, I couldn't even load my channel.

So I went into the code, changed the Isengard API key and OAuth information to one I just created for myself, and suddenly everything works again. Super happy!

With respect to bromix, I think (having looked at the API limits for YouTube) that whoever takes on this project in the future should include notes on how to set up your own API key. It took me all of 10 minutes (and a little more than half of that was finding the right buttons to push to get my keys), and then I have an add-on that will never compete for API resources with anybody else on the planet.

I had to do the same for the search keys ...
Finally have my own quota :-D
(2015-12-23, 09:26)superwad Wrote: I had so many problems trying to even USE the add-on today. It wouldn't search, I couldn't play any videos, I couldn't even load my channel.

Any chance of you posting the steps to it here? Would probably help a number of people.
(2015-12-23, 10:49)KI2000 Wrote:

I had to do the same for the search keys ...
Finally have my own quota :-D

@bromix, thank you for this great add-ons. Wishing you the best in life.

@suoerwad and @KI2000, would you mine share how you edit API to make Youtube work. amd what you use to edit API? I, myself, kept getting error when doing search or play youtube. I think it said "exceed limited"

Thanks in advance
  • 182(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20