• 7(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
after logging in using the google 2step verification, the folders load, but nothing in them except for watch history.
Login not working for me. I'm using the credentials used in youtube.com (gmail+pass), I don't have 2 step verification enabled. Any suggestion would be good.
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
enable 2 step verification
Couple of minor feature requests.

1) Sorting. Currently all sorting options are greyed out. Would like to explicitly sort by date, as it appears many results use Youtube's sorting by rating, etc.

2) The "de facto" Youtube addon has "Youtube Suggests", which lists recommended videos under "what to watch" in the Youtube homepage. I find this useful for discovery, would love to get it back.

3) Each view only shows 50 items. Need a "next" item to show more. Particularly on the subscriptions view.

Also the options list video playback up to 1080p, but since Youtube only offers h264 streams up to 720p, they aren't available. Do you have any way to get this working (sounds like it might be impossible)?
(2014-08-13, 13:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: enable 2 step verification

I don't want more bureaucracy to my life.

Previous "official" Youtube addon is working fine, but I remember to authorize the app somewhat in a google url looooong time ago. Something similar is available for this addon?
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Just wanted to say thank you for your work on this addon. After months of not being able to sign in and use youtube on xbmc and trying every fix imaginable, this one is truly working for me! Great work!!! I would like to request one feature if possible, when in a playlist the ability to play all videos. Thanks again Big Grin
(2014-08-08, 02:02)nickr Wrote: Getting bromix's addon into the xbmc.org repo will not mean that every other addon will start using it by default. The name of the addon is still different and the calling mechanism is different - see post #53.

I think that the reason that addons that need youtube download the "official" addon is that they specifically have plugin.video.youtube as a pre-requisite.

It seems to me that you could fool the system and dependent addons, into using bromix's addon by replacing plugin.video.youtube with a short python script which takes this request
Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%
and turns it into this request
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

Call it plugin.video.youtube and replace the existing "official" plugin with it on your system. All dependent addons will think the "official" addon is present, will hand off their request which will be converted to a bromix addon request.

Hi Nickr,
Could you expand on this? I'm trying to get your hack working but I'm not sure that I'm changing the right file. I'm running ubuntu and have gone to .xbmc/addons/ and found that the plugin.video.youtube file you mentioned is a folder in my case. I've tried removing the folder and creating plugin.video.youtube.py in it's place with your code - didnt work - and also replacing the existing code found in .xbmc/addon/plugin.video.youtube/default.py with your line of code - also didnt work.

I'm trying to get this alpha working with the reddit.com plugin as I cant seem to get any youtube videos to play in frodo, and this one seems to work while running the addon directly.
(2014-08-13, 18:44)tinybutstrong Wrote:
(2014-08-13, 13:17)dkplayaclub Wrote: enable 2 step verification

I don't want more bureaucracy to my life.

Previous "official" Youtube addon is working fine, but I remember to authorize the app somewhat in a google url looooong time ago. Something similar is available for this addon?

I'm confused too, do I need to add an app password for bromix Youtube and that won't affect the original Youtube plugin, never touched 2-step auth before because I set up a separate Google account back in the old merging of accounts days.
(2014-08-13, 12:42)tinybutstrong Wrote: Login not working for me. I'm using the credentials used in youtube.com (gmail+pass), I don't have 2 step verification enabled. Any suggestion would be good.

Same here. Never used 2-step auth since this is a account for Kodi only.
Original YT addon works perfect though

/edit:
Don't see any login attempt in debug log either.
Is there a way to force the plugin to reload "My Subscriptions" when accessed from outside the plugin? Eg: through a favorite or sub-menu
(2014-08-16, 22:23)xbmcoholic Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 02:02)nickr Wrote: Getting bromix's addon into the xbmc.org repo will not mean that every other addon will start using it by default. The name of the addon is still different and the calling mechanism is different - see post #53.

I think that the reason that addons that need youtube download the "official" addon is that they specifically have plugin.video.youtube as a pre-requisite.

It seems to me that you could fool the system and dependent addons, into using bromix's addon by replacing plugin.video.youtube with a short python script which takes this request
Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%
and turns it into this request
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

Call it plugin.video.youtube and replace the existing "official" plugin with it on your system. All dependent addons will think the "official" addon is present, will hand off their request which will be converted to a bromix addon request.

Hi Nickr,
Could you expand on this? I'm trying to get your hack working but I'm not sure that I'm changing the right file. I'm running ubuntu and have gone to .xbmc/addons/ and found that the plugin.video.youtube file you mentioned is a folder in my case. I've tried removing the folder and creating plugin.video.youtube.py in it's place with your code - didnt work - and also replacing the existing code found in .xbmc/addon/plugin.video.youtube/default.py with your line of code - also didnt work.

I'm trying to get this alpha working with the reddit.com plugin as I cant seem to get any youtube videos to play in frodo, and this one seems to work while running the addon directly.

I have written no code, I was merely suggesting a method whereby you could fool another addon to use the Alpha addon by putting a 'fake' addon called plugin.video.youtube to replace the 'official' one.

It would still have to have an addon structure ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on_structure ) but should simply call the Alpha plugin with the converted url. I haven't tried to actually code it myself. It was simply an idea.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-16, 22:23)xbmcoholic Wrote: I'm trying to get this alpha working with the reddit.com plugin

In the short term it will be easier to just edit the reddit addon rather than use a dummy youtube addon. Performance will also be better as it won't have to load another addon before playing a video.

Find the addon directory plugin.video.reddit_tv, edit default.py and comment out the plugin.video.youtube line and replace with plugin.video.bromix.youtube line as below.

Code:
def getYoutubePlayPluginUrl(id):
    if xbox:
        url = "plugin://video/YouTube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id
    else:
        #url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id
        url = "plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=" + id
    return url

Prevent updates from overwriting your changes by editing addon.xml and making the version number very large.

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.reddit_tv" name="Reddit.com" version="99999.0.0" provider-name="AddonScriptorDE">
(2014-08-17, 22:53)arithine Wrote: Is there a way to force the plugin to reload "My Subscriptions" when accessed from outside the plugin? Eg: through a favorite or sub-menu

XBMC always caches favorites, this behavior seems to be out of the hands of plugins. You could make it easier to refresh by editing keymap.xml and assigning a key to Container.Refresh like so:

Code:
<keymap>
    <global>
        <keyboard>
            <F5>Container.Refresh</F5>
        </keyboard>
    </global>
</keymap>
(2014-08-18, 08:52)torenvalk Wrote:
(2014-08-16, 22:23)xbmcoholic Wrote: I'm trying to get this alpha working with the reddit.com plugin

In the short term it will be easier to just edit the reddit addon rather than use a dummy youtube addon. Performance will also be better as it won't have to load another addon before playing a video.

Find the addon directory plugin.video.reddit_tv, edit default.py and comment out the plugin.video.youtube line and replace with plugin.video.bromix.youtube line as below.

Code:
def getYoutubePlayPluginUrl(id):
    if xbox:
        url = "plugin://video/YouTube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id
    else:
        #url = "plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=" + id
        url = "plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=" + id
    return url

Prevent updates from overwriting your changes by editing addon.xml and making the version number very large.

Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.reddit_tv" name="Reddit.com" version="99999.0.0" provider-name="AddonScriptorDE">

Certainly that should work, however if you have many addons that use youtube, it'd be a big job to do all of them.

As the 'official' addon seems to be reported as back to working, it may all be moot anyway.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Any chance of purchases support?

Even if you can't play them directly, starting the playback in a chrome browser - like the netflixbmc plugin would be cool.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20