• 4(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
All I can say is I tried it. just one video and Im hooked. What an amazing addon. I've been crying for a talented Dev to have a redue at the youtube app. bromix you have made my day sir. The speed of fetching results is amazing. the thumbnail view too, seems nicer. The speed of video starting is blazingly fast...even on my Pi. arghhhh thankyou!!!! I hope you take over from the previous youtube addon, you def deserve it. and I hope you carry on what your doing. but I can take this as final release...its that good! thankyou.

One question, I can play videos using yatse remote for android by "send to xbmc". will this have that feature in the future? omg this addon is so fast I hope it does.
Agreed. Excellent work bromix. Very fast add-on - runs great on a Pi. I hope this becomes *the* YouTube add-on.
Somehow we need to extract the magic from this add-on and apply it to all the other slow add-ons...
how is it so fast popcornmix. If you actually do a speed test Im sure this is possibly 3 times as fast. its astonishing. I vote for this addon to represent the official xbmc(Kodi) youtube addon.
(2014-08-06, 20:09)MediaPi Wrote: One question, I can play videos using yatse remote for android by "send to xbmc". will this have that feature in the future? omg this addon is so fast I hope it does.
This is what has prevented me from trying this addon, I use Yatse "send to xbmc" youtube links all the time. I agree that the current youtube links (sent from yatse) take so long on r-pi that I almost think they have failed.
@MediaPi, it could be that yatse just sends the link to plugin.video.youtube and this has a different location. If this had the same addon id(official youtube) it should work. I will test and find out, unless bromix can confirm.
EXCELLENT deduction spyder, if this works then I can replace this as my goto youtube addon. but Im sure its more than just telling which addon to use. that addon will need to know what to do with the url or something. what I'm saying is that the addon youtube and yatse must have talked about if I send this, what your addon does...etc. I would be surprised that it works since its a redone addon. BUT

I can see this becoming "the" youtube addon shortly anyway so it will be implemented shortly. Just imagine with this addons speed and sending links through yatse. Wow can't wait. I've got both till then.
(2014-08-04, 16:37)TomFreeloader Wrote: Bromix, I've updated to Alpha 14 now and it's still working like a champ. Watch later seems to work fine too from other computers. But I'm wondering if there is a way to sort your video list? By that I mean sort by descending and ascending by date or anything? Maybe it's there somewhere and I missed it? But if it's not possible then I will just make a playlist or something. Also is there any difference between "Watch it Later " and "Watch Later" in my context menu? Sorry if that's a silly question Tongue

Only the bold 'Watch Later' is from the addon. The context menu is not finished yet, maybe I find another solution.

(2014-08-06, 20:09)MediaPi Wrote: All I can say is I tried it. just one video and Im hooked. What an amazing addon. I've been crying for a talented Dev to have a redue at the youtube app. bromix you have made my day sir. The speed of fetching results is amazing. the thumbnail view too, seems nicer. The speed of video starting is blazingly fast...even on my Pi. arghhhh thankyou!!!! I hope you take over from the previous youtube addon, you def deserve it. and I hope you carry on what your doing. but I can take this as final release...its that good! thankyou.

One question, I can play videos using yatse remote for android by "send to xbmc". will this have that feature in the future? omg this addon is so fast I hope it does.
At the moment this is not possible. Yatse seems to call the url of the old addon. Maybe they can provide some kind of an option to modify the command send to xbmc.

(2014-08-06, 20:16)popcornmix Wrote: Agreed. Excellent work bromix. Very fast add-on - runs great on a Pi. I hope this becomes *the* YouTube add-on.
Somehow we need to extract the magic from this add-on and apply it to all the other slow add-ons...
Ohhyeeahh... Cool If this addon should work out and there is some time, I would love to extract and apply magic to other addons Nod Big Grin
(2014-08-06, 23:03)bromix Wrote: At the moment this is not possible. Yatse seems to call the url of the old addon. Maybe they can provide some kind of an option to modify the command send to xbmc.

Could it be hacked locally, i.e. change your add-on to use the name of the old add-on?
(2014-08-06, 23:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 23:03)bromix Wrote: At the moment this is not possible. Yatse seems to call the url of the old addon. Maybe they can provide some kind of an option to modify the command send to xbmc.

Could it be hacked locally, i.e. change your add-on to use the name of the old add-on?

I looked into it...yatse sends the following URL via jsonrpc to XBMC

Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%

So, its based on the ID. But the syntax of the addons is also different.

I use for example:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

And thats it Smile
So basically yatse has to change something on there end. Right
My god man, what a nice piece of work. Thank you many times over.
Any plans on adding auto-view for videos? I think it would probably work best if it was set up to default to a set view on video lists only.
Also, are there plans to add more context menu options, such as find similar videos, subscribe by video etc. ?
glad someone take youtube seriously, i already test the alpha, so far everything works well,

how about the download options man? wip also?
I've started dialogue with Yatse team about their app being compatible with this new Youtube Addon.
Here is the thread
http://yatse.leetzone.org/redmine/boards/2/topics/2261

I hope they experience themselves the Add-on. And hopefully agree and make it happen
Much abliged. Finally I can log in again. & also a lot faster. Good work!

Might it be possible to add an "add to playlist/now-playing" option?
So a yatse team member Tolriq, has said he would make changes if and when this because the official youtube addon.

"Well if one day it's official Smile

But for the moment I can't add 1000 options for every single addons that users may want to see."

I guess its now upto team Kodi Smile
There is no "official" youtube addon. Both are not supported by us, so both will not become official or whatever you call it.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20