• 5(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Impressive speed in this addon, nice work Bromix Smile
(2014-08-07, 01:12)dkplayaclub Wrote: My god man, what a nice piece of work. Thank you many times over.
Any plans on adding auto-view for videos? I think it would probably work best if it was set up to default to a set view on video lists only.
Also, are there plans to add more context menu options, such as find similar videos, subscribe by video etc. ?
Thanks Smile can you please give me an example with the auto-view for videos? Context menu -> yes. I updated the ToDo on the first page Smile

(2014-08-07, 10:33)raytedjaja Wrote: glad someone take youtube seriously, i already test the alpha, so far everything works well,

how about the download options man? wip also?
That is not currently planned and more of a possible feature for later.

(2014-08-07, 15:19)Quihico Wrote: Much abliged. Finally I can log in again. & also a lot faster. Good work!

Might it be possible to add an "add to playlist/now-playing" option?
I'm updating the first page of this thread. I try to complete the context menu as soon as possible Smile

(2014-08-07, 18:21)sonic Wrote: Impressive speed in this addon, nice work Bromix Smile
Thanks, I do my best Smile
nvm, error on youtube end
(2014-08-07, 18:03)Martijn Wrote: There is no "official" youtube addon. Both are not supported by us, so both will not become official or whatever you call it.

"Official" in this case is that it comes from pre-installed XBMC.org repo.
If this addon could be added to XBMC.org repo, and the previous one removed, then Yatse devs would treat it as "official"
Not sure what you are looking for as far as an example of auto view.
What I am asking is for an option that will make the default view for videos (not menus or lists) different that the XBMC default. Similar to how you can set all of your TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes to different views by default in the XBMC library, you could then make sure your video results would display the way you prefer, regardless of what skin you are using.
The addon would have to have a way of determining if each menu was a video list or not and then call the appropriate view type. As it is now, I manually set each menu the way I like and it is saved in preferences, but this takes an insane amount of time and every time new content is added or called upon by the addon it will have to be set again.

Hope this clears my question up. Thanks again.
Can I open youtube trailers with this addon instead of the 'old' youtube addon?
(2014-08-07, 18:03)Martijn Wrote: There is no "official" youtube addon. Both are not supported by us, so both will not become official or whatever you call it.

Martijn stop being awkward, You know what the user meant. After all it states this in the addon thread

"This plugin is now the official YouTube plugin in the add-on repo."

This is where the confusion lays.
Awkward. I was just stating facts to remove any confusion.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
bromix have you submitted your addon to XBMC.org?

Martijn thanks for coming in. I'm not sure what questions I need to ask but when I install an addon that is dependent on youtube, XBMC automatically downloads HenrikDK (and others) youtube addon, can it be possible (if enough users agree that this addon is what they wish to get) that we get this youtube addon sideloaded as apposed to the other one? Its used alot and since Pi has a big audience it could help out with lower power hardware. Thanks for your consideration.

edit: bromix this wiki I found on submitting to xbmc.org whenever you feel like it Smile
Getting bromix's addon into the xbmc.org repo will not mean that every other addon will start using it by default. The name of the addon is still different and the calling mechanism is different - see post #53.

I think that the reason that addons that need youtube download the "official" addon is that they specifically have plugin.video.youtube as a pre-requisite.

It seems to me that you could fool the system and dependent addons, into using bromix's addon by replacing plugin.video.youtube with a short python script which takes this request
Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%
and turns it into this request
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

Call it plugin.video.youtube and replace the existing "official" plugin with it on your system. All dependent addons will think the "official" addon is present, will hand off their request which will be converted to a bromix addon request.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
thanks for this. Also the repo doesn't show anything for me.
OpenELEC 4.2.1 on an old PC
(2014-08-08, 02:02)nickr Wrote: Getting bromix's addon into the xbmc.org repo will not mean that every other addon will start using it by default. The name of the addon is still different and the calling mechanism is different - see post #53.

I think that the reason that addons that need youtube download the "official" addon is that they specifically have plugin.video.youtube as a pre-requisite.

It seems to me that you could fool the system and dependent addons, into using bromix's addon by replacing plugin.video.youtube with a short python script which takes this request
Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%
and turns it into this request
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

Call it plugin.video.youtube and replace the existing "official" plugin with it on your system. All dependent addons will think the "official" addon is present, will hand off their request which will be converted to a bromix addon request.

Thanks nickr. I will try this, but the best thing about bromix youtube addon is speed. your method sacrifices speed somewhat. This will be noticeble on Pi? but not so much on modern hardware.

So basically these are the steps.

get bromix addon in xbmc.org repo
get the authors of addons you would like to change their code to download this youtube addon instead of the old (if they are willing to)
show yatse that enough addons have moved to this youtube addon, so they can change their code
this addon becomes "officially the" youtube addon?

but right now im going to try nickr method...oh I forgot I dont know python lol
I haven't tried the bromix addon yet, but what do you mean speed? We are not talking about navigating menus here, we are talking about another addon/application kicking off a youtube video.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-08-06, 19:35)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 14:31)mr_pink Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 22:32)bromix Wrote: Can you please provide an example...a link to the video?
Same for all vevo vids. I tested it again and now its working!!! Smile
Did you maybe changed vevo playback in the latest version?
Cool
Now, vevo is not working again! Sad
But they still play fine with the ohter addon. Strange...
(2014-08-08, 12:01)nickr Wrote: I haven't tried the bromix addon yet, but what do you mean speed? We are not talking about navigating menus here, we are talking about another addon/application kicking off a youtube video.

pardon me for my ignorance, I don't code so I woudn't know. But it seems to me that theres a little extra step with the way you mention "adding a python script". So I assumed that little extra step will take that little extra bit longer. But I dont know.

I would still love to try it out. If anyone could get it to work somehow.

vevo is working here with bromix youtube
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20