• 6(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-08-07, 19:59)dkplayaclub Wrote: Not sure what you are looking for as far as an example of auto view.
What I am asking is for an option that will make the default view for videos (not menus or lists) different that the XBMC default. Similar to how you can set all of your TV Shows, Seasons and Episodes to different views by default in the XBMC library, you could then make sure your video results would display the way you prefer, regardless of what skin you are using.
The addon would have to have a way of determining if each menu was a video list or not and then call the appropriate view type. As it is now, I manually set each menu the way I like and it is saved in preferences, but this takes an insane amount of time and every time new content is added or called upon by the addon it will have to be set again.

Hope this clears my question up. Thanks again.
At the moment I set the Content of the videos to Episodes so a skin can display the correct information and maybe change the view (at least ACE is doing this correctly). Each skin can provide additional views and that's why I do not know any of the views, to display them in the settings. The old addon provides for example only for confluence the settings to change the default view. Maybe some has an idea how to overcome this.

(2014-08-07, 21:38)hahaikke Wrote: Can I open youtube trailers with this addon instead of the 'old' youtube addon?
If you use this addon directly, yes. But if third-addons are using the old addon, no.

(2014-08-07, 23:10)MediaPi Wrote: bromix have you submitted your addon to XBMC.org?

Martijn thanks for coming in. I'm not sure what questions I need to ask but when I install an addon that is dependent on youtube, XBMC automatically downloads HenrikDK (and others) youtube addon, can it be possible (if enough users agree that this addon is what they wish to get) that we get this youtube addon sideloaded as apposed to the other one? Its used alot and since Pi has a big audience it could help out with lower power hardware. Thanks for your consideration.

edit: bromix this wiki I found on submitting to xbmc.org whenever you feel like it Smile
No I haven't and it won't work, because there is already a working youtube addon in the official repo. Also this addon isn't finished yet.

(2014-08-08, 02:02)nickr Wrote: Getting bromix's addon into the xbmc.org repo will not mean that every other addon will start using it by default. The name of the addon is still different and the calling mechanism is different - see post #53.

I think that the reason that addons that need youtube download the "official" addon is that they specifically have plugin.video.youtube as a pre-requisite.

It seems to me that you could fool the system and dependent addons, into using bromix's addon by replacing plugin.video.youtube with a short python script which takes this request
Code:
file=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/video&action=play_video&videoid=%VIDEOID%
and turns it into this request
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play&id=%VIDEOID%

Call it plugin.video.youtube and replace the existing "official" plugin with it on your system. All dependent addons will think the "official" addon is present, will hand off their request which will be converted to a bromix addon request.
I would not recommend that because it can lead to some side effects. Every new update for the youtube addon will override your addon-proxy.

(2014-08-08, 12:12)mr_pink Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 19:35)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 14:31)mr_pink Wrote: Same for all vevo vids. I tested it again and now its working!!! Smile
Did you maybe changed vevo playback in the latest version?
Cool
Now, vevo is not working again! Sad
But they still play fine with the ohter addon. Strange...
Is still working here.

(2014-08-08, 14:31)MediaPi Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 12:01)nickr Wrote: I haven't tried the bromix addon yet, but what do you mean speed? We are not talking about navigating menus here, we are talking about another addon/application kicking off a youtube video.

pardon me for my ignorance, I don't code so I woudn't know. But it seems to me that theres a little extra step with the way you mention "adding a python script". So I assumed that little extra step will take that little extra bit longer. But I dont know.

I would still love to try it out. If anyone could get it to work somehow.

vevo is working here with bromix youtube
Right, that might take a little bit longer, and we haven't won anything with it, except for lost time.
(2014-08-08, 05:06)MrMarijuano Wrote: thanks for this. Also the repo doesn't show anything for me.

Check to see if "Hide Foreign" is checked, I had the same problem.
updated to alpha 16

Now with search history

The search history can hold 0-50 items. 0 means the history is disabled. With each new search a search item will be added to the history. If you select an old search item, the search item will be moved to the first position.

Tried it and it works as advertised, only small thing that I dont like is after I press enter to get a search result. My search gets added to that page before it show my result...if that makes any sense.

thankyou for the update.
You don't need to know the views. If you look at other addons, the settings leave a space for a number input, leaving the user free to look up the codes, usually stored in the "includes.xml" file in the skin.
(2014-08-09, 03:07)MediaPi Wrote: Tried it and it works as advertised, only small thing that I dont like is after I press enter to get a search result. My search gets added to that page before it show my result...if that makes any sense.

+1. Noticed same problem too.
(2014-08-09, 00:52)bromix Wrote: alpha 16
  • 'My Subscriptions' with pagination (was missing, sorry for that)
  • added search history (0-50 items via settings) like the old addon
  • show/hide menu items via settings
  • minimal bug fixing

Working great so far Smile Could you also add an option to hide the "Browse Channels" menu item?
I am unable to delete a video from History. Selecting "Remove" and nothing happens as the video remains on the list. It would be nice for obvious reasons to want to remove certain videos from History. This has to be the most intuitive YouTube app I've ever used. Great Work!
alpha 17
  • ADD: 'Go to CHANNEL' of a selected video
  • ADD: Support for 'Subscribe' and 'Unsubscribe' of channels
  • ADD: Full support for 'Like'
  • ADD: Remove own playlist via context menu
  • ADD: Show/Hide 'Browse Channels' via settings
  • FIX: Using only thumbnails from API v3 - 'My Subscriptions' is using v2 and returning different thumbnails
  • FIX: Displaying false channel in video description
  • FIX: Don't update search history before showing the search result

Updated context-menu

Subscribe to a channel

IMPORTANT!!!
Alpha 17 is my holiday update. I am for a few days on vacation. So do not grieve or be angry with me, because I do not answer for a few days or no more updates are following. After my vacation, it will continue. Big Grin
This just keeps getting better and better, the only recommendation I have is a way to view "saved playlists" that way if I find a playlist I want to come back to while on another device I can quickly continue without having to do a search for it.
Being able to delete searches from the saved searches list would be good. I have some misspelled ones that are annoying me.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
dead on midnight bromix. Smile

thankyou for the update. You wont be able to do anything for this till you come back but on my linux machine theres something weird going on.

when I enter a search, xbmc shows its working then it stops and nothing happens then all of a sudden my search result is shown under "New Search" then it goes to my search. And this has added considerable delay.

If its faster to leave it like it was befre "FIX: Don't update search history before showing the search result"

can you just take the fix out and we dont compromise on speed.

can't bellieve how fast you have added features, its really amazing now. well done. and enjoy your holiday
Thanks for adding option to hide menu items. Works well. Enjoy your break. Thanks
Thanks for the great addon, it's really fast!

I would like to request the following feature: an option to view playlists of a certain channel, like you could in the 'old' addon via context menu.

Also a bug perhaps: 'my subscriptions' shows no results, but 'subscriptions' further down the list does show all my channels..
I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but new uploads
(e.g. in subscriptions) are sorted only by date, not by time.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20