• 10(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
A small "cosmetic" thing I've noticed, sometimes the duration is shown as 1 minute even if the video is much longer. Not a big deal, everything works as it should anyways, and if you start and stop the video you get the correct length.
This https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL_8VjxL5-k is 30:59 long, but showed up as 1 minute in the "My Subscriptions" view, in case you need an example. But i suspect this issue is more of a random "error" than an issue with specific videos.
(2014-08-23, 15:55)woodside Wrote: I'm using the new capability of Gotham to fill a dynamic list with the content tag below. It fills the list and when clicked the videos open and play and everything seems to work fine except the tag $INFO[Player.Title] that is supposed to show the title of the currently playing video, just shows "videoplayback" now. Is that a bug? Thanks.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 
I don't know if this is a bug. I would like to remind that this is an early alpha version so not all will work as expected.

(2014-08-26, 17:27)JasonPell Wrote: You realize app passwords aren't all that secure. They basically make 2 factor auth pointless as they are not limited to a single app. If anyone gets hold of your app password they can access any google web services that support app passwords. Not just YouTube.

If you do some googling you may find app passwords are not as safe as you might think. I will stick with real 2 factor authentication.

This plugin does not provide access to any features of the web site that require a logon so things like purchases will never work.

App passwords don't provide access to logon via web either
As soon as someone has the refresh token of the old youtube addon your are f**** Wink With the refresh token you don't need any password or something else (tried it with a fake account). Nothing is really safe. Please setup a transparent proxy in your home network and log some of your apps of your phone. It's so easy to decipher the data - tested it with a faked certificate, which allows you to view calls via https.
This is an early alpha...the solution for the web support is not that complicated. For everything there is a solution Wink you only have to try!

(2014-08-26, 17:32)JasonPell Wrote: Its a shame that all this effort could not have gone to enhance the other plugin. Maybe fix those logon issues.

The open source community obsession with forking is counter productive.
Everyone can use the code of this addon to improve the "old" addon. I have no problems with that Smile but someone has to do it.

(2014-08-27, 10:36)schumi2004 Wrote: Was playing with several login options/actions and suddenly this error appeared in debug log:

Code:
10:34:12 T:916   ERROR: C:\Users\htpc\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\youtube\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
With verification the API won't work. A common problem with APIs like that. Even with Curl you have to deactivate this feature. The solution would be that you have to install a certificate on your machine. All other addon suppress this warning/error. Nothing to worry about, because the connection is https.

(2014-08-31, 16:31)Crowly Wrote: A small "cosmetic" thing I've noticed, sometimes the duration is shown as 1 minute even if the video is much longer. Not a big deal, everything works as it should anyways.

I know, this is a problem of XBMC (Kodi) I've noticed.
For videos and movies XBMC supports only full minutes (no seconds). So if a video has a runtime of 1:31 XBMC will only show 1 minute. Maybe I'm doing it wrong and someone can correct me. But that what I've noticed.
Showing 1 minute 31 seconds as just 1 minute is fine. But showing 31 minutes and 59 seconds as 1 minute sounds like a bug somewhere.
(2014-08-31, 19:03)Crowly Wrote: Showing 1 minute 31 seconds as just 1 minute is fine. But showing 31 minutes and 59 seconds as 1 minute sounds like a bug somewhere.

I agree Wink wait for alpha 18...found the bug. Thanks for your feedback
Hello,

I've just found a bug (or maybe missing functionality). Under "Playlists" I can see only my own (created by myself) playlists, but not "Saved playlists". Is it possible to implement it?
See issue on GitHub. I try to support this feature. At the moment the API v3 doesn't support this. But I hope google will add this, because this feature is available since feb. 2014
Sometimes the app will no longer show any videos, I have to log out, quit xbmc, then log back in.
I little update Smile

alpha 18
  • ADD: Support for ETag - could improve performance
  • ADD: remove item of search history
  • FIX: #22 calculation of duration
  • FIX: #28 display 'general' instead of 'like' in settings
It's great to be able to 'like' videos from an XBMC Youtube add-on. One thing I'm missing though is when I go into my subscriptions the old defacto plugin had an entry to show all the latest videos from my subscription list.
(2014-08-31, 16:00)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 04:43)JasonPell Wrote: Any chance of purchases support?

Even if you can't play them directly, starting the playback in a chrome browser - like the netflixbmc plugin would be cool.

I look into it. I live in germany and i haven't seen this option yet. Is there an example, screenshot or some sort of?

Its not available via the api. I added it into the older plugin using screen scraping and the api for the play lists and video info. Actually works quite well for linux only. I don't have a mac or windows machine, so I can't test it otherwise.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/73

(2014-08-31, 16:36)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-26, 17:27)JasonPell Wrote: You realize app passwords aren't all that secure. They basically make 2 factor auth pointless as they are not limited to a single app. If anyone gets hold of your app password they can access any google web services that support app passwords. Not just YouTube.

If you do some googling you may find app passwords are not as safe as you might think. I will stick with real 2 factor authentication.

This plugin does not provide access to any features of the web site that require a logon so things like purchases will never work.

As soon as someone has the refresh token of the old youtube addon your are f**** Wink With the refresh token you don't need any password or something else (tried it with a fake account). Nothing is really safe. Please setup a transparent proxy in your home network and log some of your apps of your phone. It's so easy to decipher the data - tested it with a faked certificate, which allows you to view calls via https.
This is an early alpha...the solution for the web support is not that complicated. For everything there is a solution Wink you only have to try!

What is the refresh token you are referring to? I am assuming this is a cookie? What would be required to get authenticated web based screen scraping working, with 2 factor authentication and not app passwords?
(2014-09-01, 07:55)smoke_tetsu Wrote: It's great to be able to 'like' videos from an XBMC Youtube add-on. One thing I'm missing though is when I go into my subscriptions the old defacto plugin had an entry to show all the latest videos from my subscription list.
This feature is directly under the root menu 'My subscriptions' . The workflow of the "old" addon (for my opinion) was to complicated. My solution replicates the behavior of the webpage and should be a faster workflow.

(2014-09-01, 09:06)JasonPell Wrote:
(2014-08-19, 04:43)JasonPell Wrote: Any chance of purchases support?

Even if you can't play them directly, starting the playback in a chrome browser - like the netflixbmc plugin would be cool.

I look into it. I live in germany and i haven't seen this option yet. Is there an example, screenshot or some sort of?

Its not available via the api. I added it into the older plugin using screen scraping and the api for the play lists and video info. Actually works quite well for linux only. I don't have a mac or windows machine, so I can't test it otherwise.

https://github.com/HenrikDK/youtube-xbmc-plugin/pull/73

(2014-08-31, 16:36)bromix Wrote:

What is the refresh token you are referring to? I am assuming this is a cookie? What would be required to get authenticated web based screen scraping working, with 2 factor authentication and not app passwords?

You are right. But I'm replicating some calls of the app of the phone Wink so no scraping is needed (thats why a use a transparent proxy - why replicate the webpage when the app can do all the stuff Wink and more).

Please look under authentication for google gdata API. Each token expires after 1h. To get a new token, you can use a so called 'refresh token' (basics of API with OAUTH). You can read the refresh token of the old addon under 'addon_data/settings.xml'. WIth that you can generate new tokens without any username passwords oder PINs. Try it!
I realize this feature request would take a lot of work but would it be at all possible to implement some kind of "deck" feature for latest subscriptions? Plexbmc does that kind of thing so it might be worth looking into their code to see if it's replicable. You would also probably need a way to auto update (perhaps every time you go to the home menu or on a timer). I understand if it's too much, just a thought.
Ah now I see what you mean. The android YouTube app has my purchases
What would I need to do to setup transparent proxy? I have a squid proxy on my home network can I use that?
(2014-08-10, 11:13)MediaPi Wrote: dead on midnight bromix. Smile

thankyou for the update. You wont be able to do anything for this till you come back but on my linux machine theres something weird going on.

when I enter a search, xbmc shows its working then it stops and nothing happens then all of a sudden my search result is shown under "New Search" then it goes to my search. And this has added considerable delay.

If its faster to leave it like it was befre "FIX: Don't update search history before showing the search result"

can you just take the fix out and we dont compromise on speed.

can't bellieve how fast you have added features, its really amazing now. well done. and enjoy your holiday
So updating the search history first and displaying the result after that works better?

The behaviour has gone now, but either i've gone used to the speed or its not as lightning fast as version 15 I think (when you added search history) its still faster than the first youtube addon and so leaving it is fine.

I have a feature request of you can. can you provide a list of "recently played videos"
you have a history of search results, can you get a history of played results?

reason: you need to select two links to get to the video you last played but this is 1 link. and most people looking into history are really interested in the movies they played and not really the full history of searches. thanks for your consideration and welcome back Smile hope you enjoyd your break
(2014-08-31, 22:24)bromix Wrote: I little update Smile

alpha 18
  • ADD: Support for ETag - could improve performance
  • ADD: remove item of search history
  • FIX: #22 calculation of duration
  • FIX: #28 display 'general' instead of 'like' in settings

Still not a working version here for account login.

It still gives me only 2 options , Search and Browse channels not more nothing less.
I have tested several accounts and login formats on several devices, Android, OpenELEC and Windows/Linux systems. but nothing.
Not using 2 factor authentication since this is a spare account for XBMC only.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20