• 11(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-08-08, 12:12)mr_pink Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 19:35)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 14:31)mr_pink Wrote: Same for all vevo vids. I tested it again and now its working!!! Smile
Did you maybe changed vevo playback in the latest version?
Cool
Now, vevo is not working again! Sad
But they still play fine with the ohter addon. Strange...
Same for me. Sometimes they are working fine - sometimes not.
I guess this is because bromix is using http://www.freemake.com for decoding. If the site/service is not available, the addon is unable to play videos with signatures.
The other addon is doing it itself (as it should be), so it's always working.

Bromix: Will this be fixed / correctly implemented? Because I currently have to use the other addon because of this.
(2014-08-31, 16:36)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 15:55)woodside Wrote: I'm using the new capability of Gotham to fill a dynamic list with the content tag below. It fills the list and when clicked the videos open and play and everything seems to work fine except the tag $INFO[Player.Title] that is supposed to show the title of the currently playing video, just shows "videoplayback" now. Is that a bug? Thanks.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 
I don't know if this is a bug. I would like to remind that this is an early alpha version so not all will work as expected.

Just to give you a better idea of what the problem is I am having and hopefully you could fix it. With the older youtube addon the title of the currently playing video is shown using the tag <label>$INFO[Player.Title]</label> (first pic) in the second pic using your addon the title shows "videoplayback" using the same label tag. I would really like to use your addon because it is faster and all around better at not giving errors when listing or clicking on videos of artists with "&" or commas in their names such as "Crosby, Stills & Nash". No errors with your addon but with the other older addon errors. Or.. do you know of a work around I could use to get the title to show instead of "videoplayback"? Thanks.

Hey,

I'm missing the feature to add a view to your current queue of XBMC.
I like to add videos to my watch later list, to... watch them later on my TV through XBMC.
I'm having password problems. I've used the link provided in the first post but the instructions fail at step 2. google musve changed that webpage because their own instructions no longer work (fails at step 2 because there is no select app button).

the problem in the addon is that i do get the proper full list eg "my subscriptions" and "history" etc. but they are either blank or full of random stuff. "my subscriptions" for example has a full list but they are noot my subscriptions.
Two requests I would like to make:

1) When search history is set to zero, can you make it so selecting search skips the search history screen? This would prevent having to hit search twice each time.

2) Can a "find similar" or "related videos" option be added to the context menu when highlighting a video?
Gotta say first off, this is the first incarnation of a YouTube plugin that has allowed me to login to my account, albeit using an application-specific password, so thank you!!

What I'd love to see is this authentication method implemented as I think it should solve all types of login problems:
https://developers.google.com/accounts/d...ForDevices

Is this something you've seen/considered? If no one is working on it and people are interested, I'd be happy to make an attempt at integrating this myself and contributing a patch if I can get something going.
I've noticed some of the channels I'm subscribed to when played via this addon the video shows twice, side by side.. except XBMC doesn't detect them as 3D or anything.
(2014-09-08, 17:45)thebearnecessit Wrote: I'm having password problems. I've used the link provided in the first post but the instructions fail at step 2. google musve changed that webpage because their own instructions no longer work (fails at step 2 because there is no select app button).

the problem in the addon is that i do get the proper full list eg "my subscriptions" and "history" etc. but they are either blank or full of random stuff. "my subscriptions" for example has a full list but they are noot my subscriptions.

ok thats my problem all sorted.

if anyone is having similar password issues read on, otherwise there's nothing to see here.

i was putting my email address and password in the addons settings, but when i clicked on subscriptions i was getting a load of stuff i didn't recognise. turns out i somehow have two youtube accounts (with the same username & password). the one i dont use was showing up in the addon and it seemed to have a bunch of default subscriptions.

so i just logged into youtube on a browser and clicked the icon in the op right to change the account i was using and started removing the default subscriptions and adding in my own ones.

life would be a lot easier if google/youtube didnt insist i have two accounts for youtube etc.
There is a live drag racing event happening in US this week daily (for 7 days, 7 hours / day).

Today is the 2nd day of live action from the tracks.

bromix´s Youtube plugin does not play the live feed at all but the the other Youtube plugin does.
Same problem occurred yesterday with the day 1 live feed.

Not sure whats happening.

Hopefully bromix / you other guys can figure out what might be wrong with alpha 18 regarding this prob of mine.
Or is it just me whos having probs?

The day 2 live feed just started, live for the next 7 hrs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRLZB3E4jhA

The channel is Motor Trend Channel at youtube.com/user/MotorTrend
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
(2014-09-03, 12:15)schumi2004 Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 22:24)bromix Wrote: I little update Smile

alpha 18
  • ADD: Support for ETag - could improve performance
  • ADD: remove item of search history
  • FIX: #22 calculation of duration
  • FIX: #28 display 'general' instead of 'like' in settings

Still not a working version here for account login.

It still gives me only 2 options , Search and Browse channels not more nothing less.
I have tested several accounts and login formats on several devices, Android, OpenELEC and Windows/Linux systems. but nothing.
Not using 2 factor authentication since this is a spare account for XBMC only.

I look into it. I will try to rework parts of the login. First I will implement some other features for this addon.
(2014-09-03, 12:25)petergr Wrote:
(2014-08-08, 12:12)mr_pink Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 19:35)bromix Wrote: Cool
Now, vevo is not working again! Sad
But they still play fine with the ohter addon. Strange...
Same for me. Sometimes they are working fine - sometimes not.
I guess this is because bromix is using http://www.freemake.com for decoding. If the site/service is not available, the addon is unable to play videos with signatures.
The other addon is doing it itself (as it should be), so it's always working.

Bromix: Will this be fixed / correctly implemented? Because I currently have to use the other addon because of this.
Yes, I will look into the youtube-dl API to use some of that routines in the future.

(2014-09-03, 14:57)woodside Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 16:36)bromix Wrote:
(2014-08-23, 15:55)woodside Wrote: I'm using the new capability of Gotham to fill a dynamic list with the content tag below. It fills the list and when clicked the videos open and play and everything seems to work fine except the tag $INFO[Player.Title] that is supposed to show the title of the currently playing video, just shows "videoplayback" now. Is that a bug? Thanks.

PHP Code:
<content>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?path=/root/search&amp;feed=search&amp;search=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Artist)]</content> 
I don't know if this is a bug. I would like to remind that this is an early alpha version so not all will work as expected.

Just to give you a better idea of what the problem is I am having and hopefully you could fix it. With the older youtube addon the title of the currently playing video is shown using the tag <label>$INFO[Player.Title]</label> (first pic) in the second pic using your addon the title shows "videoplayback" using the same label tag. I would really like to use your addon because it is faster and all around better at not giving errors when listing or clicking on videos of artists with "&" or commas in their names such as "Crosby, Stills & Nash". No errors with your addon but with the other older addon errors. Or.. do you know of a work around I could use to get the title to show instead of "videoplayback"? Thanks.
Now I know what you mean. Maybe I'm missing an attribute to provide this information. Has someone a solution or hint for me Smile

(2014-09-07, 01:07)Remco32 Wrote: Hey,

I'm missing the feature to add a view to your current queue of XBMC.
I like to add videos to my watch later list, to... watch them later on my TV through XBMC.
I don't know what you mean. The Watch Later list of YouTube is working?

(2014-09-09, 09:36)Fr0styMatt Wrote: Gotta say first off, this is the first incarnation of a YouTube plugin that has allowed me to login to my account, albeit using an application-specific password, so thank you!!

What I'd love to see is this authentication method implemented as I think it should solve all types of login problems:
https://developers.google.com/accounts/d...ForDevices

Is this something you've seen/considered? If no one is working on it and people are interested, I'd be happy to make an attempt at integrating this myself and contributing a patch if I can get something going.
Thanks for sharing this information. I will test this kind of login. The only thing with the browser to enter the key...mhmm... Smile

(2014-09-09, 10:07)smoke_tetsu Wrote: I've noticed some of the channels I'm subscribed to when played via this addon the video shows twice, side by side.. except XBMC doesn't detect them as 3D or anything.
Can you provide an example (url of the video). The video shouldn't play in 3D or not?

(2014-09-09, 16:03)Raitsa Wrote: There is a live drag racing event happening in US this week daily (for 7 days, 7 hours / day).

bromix´s Youtube plugin does not play the live feed at all but the the other Youtube plugin does.

Hopefully bromix / you other guys can figure out what might be wrong with alpha 18 regarding this prob of mine.

Here in germany live streaming is not supported. Therefore I have to use some kind of a proxy to test this. But first I will implement some other features.
(2014-09-09, 19:31)bromix Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 16:03)Raitsa Wrote: There is a live drag racing event happening in US this week daily (for 7 days, 7 hours / day).

Here in germany live streaming is not supported. Therefore I have to use some kind of a proxy to test this. But first I will implement some other features.
Live events are working fine for me here in germany without proxy via browser - but they are not working via your addon (other addon is working). Would be important for me too! Examples
(2014-09-09, 19:57)petergr Wrote:
(2014-09-09, 19:31)bromix Wrote:

Live events are working fine for me here in germany without proxy via browser - but they are not working via your addon (other addon is working). Would be important for me too! Examples

Thank you so much Smile this will work for tests. I was referring to this link which states that live streaming is not working on germany.
hey bromix, just today I'm getting script errors on vevo videos. thanks
I only see search and browse, nothing else.

I entered my username and password in the plugin settings, and altho the plugin never really says anything, i'm gonna assume there's some kind of a login problem. I checked out your link in the first post, but as I don't even have 2-Step-Verification enabled, I don't really see how it's relevant.

Everything works perfectly with the regular youtube plugin, no login errors or anything.

Please help!
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20