• 12(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
This add-on is great. I want to use it so I created more playlists. Now I have 60 but when I select playlists I see the first 50 then hit Next Page but it comes up with no results. When using history, Next Page works OK.

My log is:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=296591
For the login issue, the steps in link bellow works for the "official" Youtube plugin:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1613551

Tried to make it in bromix, but it doesn't have oauth2_refresh_token. Then I'll stick with the other addon until some solution is implemented here.

ps: login seems to be working partially after to apply steps above, but all sections are blank. Looking logs I see this error:

Code:
09:49:04 T:6360   ERROR: C:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\youtube\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
I wish to have Rotten Tomatoes (user+critics) + IMDB both ratings display in skin.
Is the development for this addon halted?
Only for the moment...I will continue shortly, but first I had to test my own framework for further addon-dev. (already implemented in 7TV or netzkino.de in my repository).
YouTube was growing so much that I needed something first to help me maintain the addon. Especially testing the implementation without debugging xbmc logs and test via pydev out of a running xbmc. That took to much time. With the framework development is much simpler for me. So please b patient Wink

Also I'm playing with the idea to try vimeo and soundcloud after that Smile
Great Youtube Addon. We needed something new :-)

I can make some suggestions:

- General design. Thumbs of options (most viewed, channels, etc) / Blured background / etc... taken from Youtube TV. https://www.youtube.com/tv#/ This is the design of new Smart TV´s YT app. So, always having that site in mind I think that would keep the addon up to date.

- Multilanguage Addon

- CC, Close caption support? Don´t know if this is possible.
Hi bromix.
Now YouTube (ALPHA 18) not starting with "script error":

19:58:52 T:1920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (3, '', 'C:\\Users\\\xd0\x98\xd0\xb2\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\\AppD ata\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.v ideo.bromix.youtube')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons \plugin.video.bromix.youtube-master\default.py", line 17, in <module>
__plugin__ = bromixbmc.Plugin()
File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons \plugin.video.bromix.youtube-master\bromixbmc\plugin.py", line 68, in __init__
os.mkdir(self._addon_data_path)
WindowsError: (3, '', 'C:\\Users\\\xd0\x98\xd0\xb2\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\\AppD ata\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.v ideo.bromix.youtube')
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:58:52 T:1920 INFO: Python script stopped

Maybe it is because сyrillic characters in the file path (directory username). It is hoped that in the future it will get better?
PS Win8.1, Kodi Alpha 3.
(2014-10-09, 14:06)bromix Wrote: Only for the moment...I will continue shortly, but first I had to test my own framework for further addon-dev. (already implemented in 7TV or netzkino.de in my repository).
YouTube was growing so much that I needed something first to help me maintain the addon. Especially testing the implementation without debugging xbmc logs and test via pydev out of a running xbmc. That took to much time. With the framework development is much simpler for me. So please b patient Wink

Hi bromix,

i noticed you already started developing the soundcloud addon yesterday. Before starting with new addons, it would make sense to finish the youtube addon first.

There is still so much missing / not working. Most important things for me:

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Add cc/subtitle support
- Add missing context menus
- Improve design
(2014-10-12, 09:29)jjail Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 14:06)bromix Wrote: Only for the moment...I will continue shortly, but first I had to test my own framework for further addon-dev. (already implemented in 7TV or netzkino.de in my repository).

Hi bromix,

i noticed you already started developing the soundcloud addon yesterday. Before starting with new addons, it would make sense to finish the youtube addon first.

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Improve design

Some people just can't help making a good impression with their first post!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-12, 09:30)nickr Wrote:

Hi bromix,

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Improve design

Some people just can't help making a good impression with their first post!
You're really the most annoying user ever. Nearly every thread on this board is full of your useless comments.
Don't you have a real life?

For me, it makes sense to get the most important functions running before starting other projects...
I guess people in the open source world just react badly to people like you who are demanding (fix, fix, fix, fix, add, add) and vague ("improve design"??) without any positive contribution at all.

You find my post history annoying, that's quite a comment from you 2 time poster.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey bromix, my 4 year old boy really likes to watch various lego etc kids videos from Youtube.

I would love to be able to play the next video in the search results automatically so that i would not need to select the next video every time a video ends.
Sometimes the videos only last for a minute or so.

Could there be an option to play the next video X number of videos automatically, for example in 5 video steps?

"Play the next _X_ videos automatically from the search / this list".
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
@jjail since Bromax is doing all this work for free it is bad form to criticize what he chooses to work on. As a developer of open source myself I can tell you nothing is more demotivating that criticism of this kind. If you are not happy with bromax velocity you can contribute new features yourself or use the other plugin.
As alternative also have a look at Music Box addon.from Techdealer.
(just for the music/music video part of You Tube)
(2014-10-10, 05:57)zrain Wrote: Hi bromix.
Now YouTube (ALPHA 18) not starting with "script error":

19:58:52 T:1920 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.WindowsError'>
Error Contents: (3, '', 'C:\\Users\\\xd0\x98\xd0\xb2\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\\AppD ata\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.v ideo.bromix.youtube')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons \plugin.video.bromix.youtube-master\default.py", line 17, in <module>
__plugin__ = bromixbmc.Plugin()
File "C:\Users\����\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons \plugin.video.bromix.youtube-master\bromixbmc\plugin.py", line 68, in __init__
os.mkdir(self._addon_data_path)
WindowsError: (3, '', 'C:\\Users\\\xd0\x98\xd0\xb2\xd0\xb0\xd0\xbd\\AppD ata\\Roaming\\Kodi\\userdata\\addon_data\\plugin.v ideo.bromix.youtube')
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:58:52 T:1920 INFO: Python script stopped

Maybe it is because сyrillic characters in the file path (directory username). It is hoped that in the future it will get better?
PS Win8.1, Kodi Alpha 3.
Yes you're right. Something with cyrillic characters. Another example why I'm focusing on the framework. The unicode support in Python 2.7 is hell and at some point you will always have something wrong (from the encoding to the decoding). I try to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Hi bromix,

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Improve design

Thanks for your thoughts. I started SoundCloud to test the framework even more and to get some distends to YouTube for some thoughts (not to stop development Wink ). I got so much input the last month for YouTube, that I have to make some kind of project planning.
The framework is a result out of the development of YouTube. YouTube is a not so small project and I needed help in form of a framework to support the development of it.

I will continue the YouTube addon, but for now please be patient Smile
Thank you bromix for a great add-on. I use it daily without any issues at all.

One minor cosmetic thing I would really like to see, if it is doable at all, is checkmarks for playlists. You know like the ones for watched videos, but for when all videos in a playlist has been watched.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20