• 13(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
First of all, thank you for this awesome add-on!
Really like the layout, speed and feature set over the default YouTube add-on -- not to mention that the login worked right out of the box, instead of having to fiddle with manually generating OAuth tokens, etc. Love

I do however have one major issue: whenever I select "My Subscriptions" from the main menu, instead of showing me the latest videos from the channels I am subscribed to, all I get is an empty list.
Everything else, including the list of all my ~130 subscriptions (menu item "Subscriptions") is working perfectly. Huh

Since this behaviour is exactly the same on both of my XBMC installations (Gotham 13.2 @ Win7 and RaspBMC) I suppose it's either a bug in the v18 or an issue with my YT account?

Any ideas or does anyone else have a similar problem?

Code:
22:19:59 T:4024   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, C:\Users\ZBOX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\default.py): entering source directory C:\Users\ZBOX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube
22:19:59 T:4024   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(58, C:\Users\ZBOX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "plugin.video.bromix.youtube" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
22:19:59 T:3976   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogBusy.xml) ------
22:20:02 T:4024   ERROR: C:\Users\ZBOX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\youtube\requests\packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.) InsecureRequestWarning)
22:20:02 T:4024   DEBUG: No new uploaded videos found
22:20:02 T:4024    INFO: CPythonInvoker(58, C:\Users\ZBOX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.bromix.youtube\default.py): script successfully run
22:20:02 T:2520   DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult- plugin returned successfully
Thanks for this addon

I've actually been able to login to my youtube account which I've been banging my head against as I couldn't get the other login fixes to work on the default youtube app. Loving the like feature in the context menu

However like the poster above when I click into my subscriptions/liked it doesn't pull up any videos, I'm definitely logged in though as when I click on the 'subscriptions' it shows the channels I've subbed to BUT only 12 out of 135. Also this history is only showing 3 videos

(I'm running it on a Pi openelec gotham)
I just wanted to mention that I have started work on this addon again Big Grin
My tests with my own framework Kodimon are completed (at least I tested a few of my addons with it). Kodimon originated from this addon, so I can better maintain this addon. At the moment I develop the addon in a separate branch on GitHub.
Great news Smile
Awesome! Looking forward to hitting beta!
(2014-10-12, 18:47)bromix Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 09:29)jjail Wrote:
(2014-10-09, 14:06)bromix Wrote: Only for the moment...I will continue shortly, but first I had to test my own framework for further addon-dev. (already implemented in 7TV or netzkino.de in my repository).
YouTube was growing so much that I needed something first to help me maintain the addon. Especially testing the implementation without debugging xbmc logs and test via pydev out of a running xbmc. That took to much time. With the framework development is much simpler for me. So please b patient Wink

Also I'm playing with the idea to try vimeo and soundcloud after that Smile
Hi bromix,

i noticed you already started developing the soundcloud addon yesterday. Before starting with new addons, it would make sense to finish the youtube addon first.

There is still so much missing / not working. Most important things for me:

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Add cc/subtitle support
- Add missing context menus
- Improve design

Thanks for your thoughts. I started SoundCloud to test the framework even more and to get some distends to YouTube for some thoughts (not to stop development Wink ). I got so much input the last month for YouTube, that I have to make some kind of project planning.
The framework is a result out of the development of YouTube. YouTube is a not so small project and I needed help in form of a framework to support the development of it.

I will continue the YouTube addon, but for now please be patient Smile
So now you wrote 3 new addons, but still no progress here last months.

Is there any (real) reason for this?
There is progress, not here, but on GitHub (last commit was 6 days ago). I wrote my own routine to calculate the signature for Vevo videos and I'm testing a new API of Google (based on suggestions from the community).

I also have to work, make money Wink and I get a lot of requests for old/new addons. If I can finish an addon in a short time (especially to tests my framework) I prefer that one first, because this is what I do on my daily job as product manager and software developer to make money Wink this is my hobby, because I love kodi/xbmc...but some things need more and some need less time.

YouTube is not a simple task (especially the API of Google sucks) but you're welcome to support me with the development Smile

This weekend I'm going to lock myself and I will dedicate my whole time only for this addon Wink
(2014-11-07, 14:35)jjail Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 18:47)bromix Wrote:
(2014-10-12, 09:29)jjail Wrote: Hi bromix,

i noticed you already started developing the soundcloud addon yesterday. Before starting with new addons, it would make sense to finish the youtube addon first.

There is still so much missing / not working. Most important things for me:

- Fix login
- Fix vevo playback
- Fix live playback
- Fix next page
- Add cc/subtitle support
- Add missing context menus
- Improve design

Thanks for your thoughts. I started SoundCloud to test the framework even more and to get some distends to YouTube for some thoughts (not to stop development Wink ). I got so much input the last month for YouTube, that I have to make some kind of project planning.
The framework is a result out of the development of YouTube. YouTube is a not so small project and I needed help in form of a framework to support the development of it.

I will continue the YouTube addon, but for now please be patient Smile
So now you wrote 3 new addons, but still no progress here last months.

Is there any (real) reason for this?

You incredibly rude arrogant twit. Why don't you just go away and take your attitude with you.

On your way out you can collect your refund of the price you paid for this addon and for xbmc too.

@bromix you don't need to explain yourself. Thank you on behalf of the many appreciative users.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
+1 nickr well put
bromix great news and take your time. looking forward to your work. I've been using alpha 18 ever since. Smile
Quote:You incredibly rude arrogant twat. Why don't you just fuck off...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's better to make a point with it being full of hypocrisy. I think your text if far more dusgusting, rude and offensive than the other poster.

I never read his post as being rude, it seemed like a genuine question. It's possible your interpretation was not indeed absolute fact, was not as the author had intended, was not ment in a derogatory way by the author.

It was you who made it as such, it seemed ok, perhaps direct, but surly not worthy of that disgusting and not family friendly behaviour.

This could be a non native speaking excited 13yo that you have spoken to in such a manner, if so, you might want to re think your approach. I think that was way overboard.

I have said my piece and won't return here as I know you will now troll me, so what I can't see won't bother me Wink
I pretty much agree with Derek. A little over the top and very rude. I'm pretty sure Bromix doesn't need you to stand up for him, and it should really ultimately be up to him, not you, to decide if he is offended. Comments like yours add nothing but argument to the discussion. Though I agree with your sentiments, I feel they would have been better left unsaid.
I wasn't speaking for bromix. I was offended, the guy has made 3 posts, all in this thread. They are all demanding and/or entitled in their tone.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Just the fact that you responded within 5 minutes, with no admission you may have been wrong, or even a bit overt the line tells me a lot about your character. I will make sure not to deal with you in the future. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

On that note, I like your penguin, Jerk.
I have edited the post that offended some people and apologise for the language, but not for the sentiment.
(2014-11-07, 23:45)nickr Wrote: I have edited the post that offended some people and apologise for the language, but not for the sentiment.

To late for second chances here. Regardless of sentiment, you said what you said. I have called you out on this type of thing in the past to no avail. Happy that others are seeing it and calling you out on it. Would it hurt to at least try and be respectful to others on this site?

(2014-11-07, 20:33)nickr Wrote: You incredibly rude arrogant twat. Why don't you just fuck off...
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20