• 14(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-11-08, 02:48)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 23:45)nickr Wrote: I have edited the post that offended some people and apologise for the language, but not for the sentiment.

To late for second chances here. Regardless of sentiment, you said what you said. I have called you out on this type of thing in the past to no avail. Happy that others are seeing it and calling you out on it. Would it hurt to at least try and be respectful to others on this site?

(2014-11-07, 20:33)nickr Wrote: You incredibly rude arrogant twat. Why don't you just fuck off...
Call out all you like. I don't give a fig what you think.

EDIT: to say I have had one PM and one reputation+ as well as one post here in support of what I said, so I think that's about even.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-08, 02:51)nickr Wrote: Call out all you like. I don't give a fig what you think.

EDIT: to say I have had one PM and one reputation+ as well as one post here in support of what I said, so I think that's about even.

You clearly have visions of grandeur. Good luck with that. And yes, I will call you out, when neccessary, for all to see going forward. I'll not stand idle while you continue to attack members on this site. Just remember, "you said what you said".

(2014-11-07, 20:33)nickr Wrote: You incredibly rude arrogant twat. Why don't you just fuck off...
All distractions aside, can't wait to see what you do with this. IMO, you are only a few major options away from completely replacing the "official" YouTube addon. So far, so good. Keep us posted Bromix.
Hi Bromix. Thanks for your addon. just wanted to know if it would be possible to add multiple login details.
My wife has here own channel so would be good to swap/login to each account easily.

would this be a cool feature. many thanks
**deleteted** read now post n.187
thanks bromix
Peppe
Is it possible to open yt live channels via plugin://?

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=
// GitHub // Repository

// USTV VoD (Video-on-Demand) / World News Live / MRT Play
Hey Bromix, when you have some free time available, would appreciate you looking at the vevo issue. apparently google have changed something, theres a fix for it for the other youtube addon but I love the speed of yours. thanks
I agree. I much prefer using this addon over the other one. I am just trying very hard to be patient. Smile
(2014-11-09, 04:19)dkplayaclub Wrote: All distractions aside, can't wait to see what you do with this. IMO, you are only a few major options away from completely replacing the "official" YouTube addon. So far, so good. Keep us posted Bromix.
Thanks Smile to what kind of options?

(2014-11-09, 11:23)k_zeon Wrote: Hi Bromix. Thanks for your addon. just wanted to know if it would be possible to add multiple login details.
My wife has here own channel so would be good to swap/login to each account easily.

would this be a cool feature. many thanks
At the moment not. But it could be possible via an additional addon - YouTube-Account-Switcher/Selector. This would also be much cleaner, because it would not break any default code.

(2014-11-15, 14:37)moneymaker Wrote: Is it possible to open yt live channels via plugin://?

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=
Not tested. I don't know.

(2014-11-16, 21:28)MediaPi Wrote: Hey Bromix, when you have some free time available, would appreciate you looking at the vevo issue. apparently google have changed something, theres a fix for it for the other youtube addon but I love the speed of yours. thanks
For the next version I've implemented and tested the fix.

(2014-11-16, 21:46)dkplayaclub Wrote: I agree. I much prefer using this addon over the other one. I am just trying very hard to be patient. Smile
I try my best. Sorry for the delay Sad The new Framework is finished and I already started updating the addon, but it takes some time because of work and some rewrites of the addon. I try to get a version up and running this weekend Smile and even if it is not complete (based on the alpha18) maybe I give you a pre-alpha for testing.

Also I have to hurry. The old addon uses APIv2. It is already marked as deprecated but for May 2015 Google has plans to shutdown the version v2 completely.
I only use the old Youtube addon as follows:
I browse youtube on my phone (Android) with Yatse remote app installed.
When I find a nice video, I Share it to XBMC (a free Yatse option).

This works, on the tv I see it is loading a stream. but it can take 30s up to a full minute before the video actually loads (I am on a Raspberry Pi).

If I delete the old addon and install yours will this still work?
(2014-11-18, 12:35)zilexa Wrote: I only use the old Youtube addon as follows:
I browse youtube on my phone (Android) with Yatse remote app installed.
When I find a nice video, I Share it to XBMC (a free Yatse option).

This works, on the tv I see it is loading a stream. but it can take 30s up to a full minute before the video actually loads (I am on a Raspberry Pi).

If I delete the old addon and install yours will this still work?

No, unfortunately it does not work so easily Wink The App on your phone is calling explicitly the other YouTube addon.
What a great addon. It just works and signing in is what most have been complaining about. I see lots of potential with this YT addon.

One thing I've been wondering. Is 1080p playback possible? I don't think I've ever had a 1080p video ever play in my system even after setting it to 1080 in playback quality in addon config.
(2014-11-21, 20:02)Arse4life Wrote: What a great addon. It just works and signing in is what most have been complaining about. I see lots of potential with this YT addon.

One thing I've been wondering. Is 1080p playback possible? I don't think I've ever had a 1080p video ever play in my system even after setting it to 1080 in playback quality in addon config.

You might just not be watching videos that were uploaded in 1080p. Full HD videos are still in the minority on Youtube. Most are 360/480p or 720p at best.
(2014-11-21, 20:06)azrael17 Wrote: You might just not be watching videos that were uploaded in 1080p. Full HD videos are still in the minority on Youtube. Most are 360/480p or 720p at best.

Yes, when I get an HD vid 720 everytime. I've done a 1080p search but nothing. No biggie. I was just wondering. Thanks.
The answer is that Google has stopped access to 1080p.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20