• 18(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
How is that if I search "youtube" in all forums and all prefix I do not see this topic? I know about it only because someone mention it on default youtube page. I think it was Peppe_sr (Thank you). I think many people do not know about this addon and can't find it through search. Could you check it out. Seems to me default youtube slow down with update...
(2014-11-25, 15:12)389abc Wrote: How is that if I search "youtube" in all forums and all prefix I do not see this topic? I know about it only because someone mention it on default youtube page. I think it was Peppe_sr (Thank you). I think many people do not know about this addon and can't find it through search. Could you check it out. Seems to me default youtube slow down with update...

I would ask you to not do that Wink It's not really allowed to promote an addon in this way. At the moment it is still fine as it is.
But thanks anyway Smile
(2014-11-24, 13:16)bromix Wrote: 2-Step-Verification is a pain in the a**** and not part of the normal API (Google Data), because you should use oauth.
Does this plugin support oauth? If yes, how?

Tried to copy the oauth settings from the other youtube plugin
Code:
<setting id="oauth2_access_token" value="*" />
    <setting id="oauth2_expires_at" value="*" />
    <setting id="oauth2_refresh_token" value="*" />
That resulted in scripted failed, not really surprised Wink
Also tried to copy the values from oauth2_access_token into kodion.access_token and oauth2_expires_at into kodion.access_token.expires, which gave the same failed result.
(2014-11-25, 18:16)Crowly Wrote:
(2014-11-24, 13:16)bromix Wrote: 2-Step-Verification is a pain in the a**** and not part of the normal API (Google Data), because you should use oauth.
Does this plugin support oauth? If yes, how?

Tried to copy the oauth settings from the other youtube plugin
Code:
<setting id="oauth2_access_token" value="*" />
    <setting id="oauth2_expires_at" value="*" />
    <setting id="oauth2_refresh_token" value="*" />
That resulted in scripted failed, not really surprised Wink
Also tried to copy the values from oauth2_access_token into kodion.access_token and oauth2_expires_at into kodion.access_token.expires, which gave the same failed result.

No...for now it won't. I use the (google call it) 'Client Login' Smile based on their documentations it is deprecated. But they use it for all their apps (on mobile) Wink also I will try to implement the Google TV login...this one allows you to select an account (if you have 2 or more YouTube channels) - with this you have to enter an 8 digit code in the web browser (once) and you get you access token (in the background).

Update - ALPHA 22

alpha 22
  • ADD: sorting
  • FIX: Vevo signature calculation
  • FIX: crash in 'My subscriptions'
(2014-11-23, 23:35)Raitsa Wrote: 18 autoupdated to 20 but did not work for me at all (OpenElec 4.2.1 & Celeron NUC).

After rebooting it did not work either, I was able to type in different searches but no results show up, just an error.

Time to get some sleep and tomorrow hopefully time for some logs.

With a very quick test 22 seems amazingly good.

Not sure if the sort by date option is working, it seems to only sort by year?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
Alpha 22 all working again. Thank you Bromix.
Thanks, it's working great..
super, also other non vevo video that were broken are on again.
Peppe
Addon works great.
Please add 'Browse channels' like on Youtube for new channels you aren't subscribed too.
Taylor works now on v.22.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-11-25, 18:30)bromix Wrote: alpha 22
  • ADD: sorting
  • FIX: Vevo signature calculation
  • FIX: crash in 'My subscriptions'

First of all, thank you for looking into and trying to fix my issue with 'My Subscriptions', although it seems to work perfectly fine for everyone else Confused
Unfortunately I did get the exact same JSONDecodeError with v22 (fresh install).
Being desperate, I even installed the Kodi helix beta 5 and installed the plugin on this completely vanilla version with somewhat the same result...
The error message changed slightly, however I suppose it does mean pretty much the same: the request seems to return an empty JSON or the JSON gets corrupted during decoding Huh

Full debug log

When I perform the request directly in my browser ( https://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/api/user...results=25 ) I do get a valid JSON with all the most recent uploads as response?!

Any help would be appreciated! Confused
Is there any way for me to further analyse the API requests/responses?
Will this addon handle paid content from YouTube?
(2014-11-25, 19:50)mo123 Wrote: Addon works great.
Please add 'Browse channels' like on Youtube for new channels you aren't subscribed too.
Is on my todo Smile

(2014-11-25, 22:27)dkplayaclub Wrote: Will this addon handle paid content from YouTube?
I don't know yet. How can I test this? Is this feature available in Germany?
Hi,

Since paid videos stopped working recently in the other youtube plugin, I decided to give this one a try, but as soon as I try to open the plugin I get a "Login failed" message.

I do not have 2-step authentication enabled in my account, and the other plugin can use the account (I just forced it to relogin to check). This is all that appears in the log file when I open the plugin:

Code:
23:00:40 T:140441936721664  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
23:00:40 T:140443099244288  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
23:00:40 T:140443099244288  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
23:00:40 T:140443099244288   ERROR: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
Not sure if it's available in Germany, and I personally don't use this feature. I was just wondering if it was something that would be possible, both out of curiosity, but also because people I know do use it and I maintain their HTPCs for them.

Also, your English is quite good, but I would be happy to respond in German if it would help. I studied German for many years and lived there for several years when I was in the service. Smile
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20