• 20(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Thanks for the reply. I will test these 3 skins. The skins are available official? Otherwiese please provide me with a link Smile

(2014-11-27, 00:51)xbmcwayist Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 08:16)arithine Wrote: In your skin settings try disabling "extra fanart" that worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. That did seem to prevent that message from popping up on Nebula skin. However, nowhere is there a setting to enable/disable extra fanart in CCM skin. That said, I like enabling 'extra fanart' so if there is a way to eventually repair whatever change occurred from Alpha 18 to Alpha 20 which started giving me this issue I would be most grateful.

(2014-11-26, 11:28)bromix Wrote: Which skin your are using? Is this a normal behavior of a skin to call some URI/path on an addon that maybe doesn't exist? I catch every unknown path for the addon, because this would be an exception and the addon could maybe end in mambo-jambo and don't work properly after that.
I want to test this behavior and maybe update the framework to tolerate (some kind of white-listing) this path. Because this effects every addon of mine.

And thanks for your feedback Smile

And I've never had this sort of URI/path message pop up before on any other addon, so it is not normal for me on either skin.

Other addons ignore unknown URIs and mostly will return the index or root method. But the framework I'm using will raise an exception if something is unknown to me to avoid possible errors. In this case URIs the addon don't know and for my understanding this behavior is not documented.
I have to catch up some sleep. Tomorrow I test the skins and will come up with a solution Wink
Keep up the great work bromix. We all appreciate it!!!
(2014-11-27, 02:52)bromix Wrote: Thanks for the reply. I will test these 3 skins. The skins are available official? Otherwiese please provide me with a link Smile

(2014-11-27, 00:51)xbmcwayist Wrote:
(2014-11-26, 08:16)arithine Wrote: In your skin settings try disabling "extra fanart" that worked for me.

Thanks for the suggestion. That did seem to prevent that message from popping up on Nebula skin. However, nowhere is there a setting to enable/disable extra fanart in CCM skin. That said, I like enabling 'extra fanart' so if there is a way to eventually repair whatever change occurred from Alpha 18 to Alpha 20 which started giving me this issue I would be most grateful.

(2014-11-26, 11:28)bromix Wrote: Which skin your are using? Is this a normal behavior of a skin to call some URI/path on an addon that maybe doesn't exist? I catch every unknown path for the addon, because this would be an exception and the addon could maybe end in mambo-jambo and don't work properly after that.
I want to test this behavior and maybe update the framework to tolerate (some kind of white-listing) this path. Because this effects every addon of mine.

And thanks for your feedback Smile

And I've never had this sort of URI/path message pop up before on any other addon, so it is not normal for me on either skin.

Other addons ignore unknown URIs and mostly will return the index or root method. But the framework I'm using will raise an exception if something is unknown to me to avoid possible errors. In this case URIs the addon don't know and for my understanding this behavior is not documented.
I have to catch up some sleep. Tomorrow I test the skins and will come up with a solution Wink

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1846082
(2014-11-26, 13:38)torenvalk Wrote: I made a simple plugin called Youtube Forwarder that substitutes the standard Youtube one and forwards playback requests to Bromix's plugin (or another plugin if you know the path).

Download here

Good work torenvalk!!!
It works perfectly
I just want to say Thank you again! All working great. Only thing for me is Default View... Could you please shift it up in your todo list. I understand that maybe more important things there. Thank you again!
I am going to ask an incredible dumb question, what information do I need to use to be able to login with this plugin. The original Youtube works but I've never been able to login with this one.
(2014-11-27, 13:11)389abc Wrote: I just want to say Thank you again! All working great. Only thing for me is Default View... Could you please shift it up in your todo list. I understand that maybe more important things there. Thank you again!

Good point. It's about time to do something about the default view Wink

(2014-11-27, 15:21)gott_sei_dank Wrote: I am going to ask an incredible dumb question, what information do I need to use to be able to login with this plugin. The original Youtube works but I've never been able to login with this one.

Username/Mail and Password like all other platforms out there. How do you login on YouTube.com directly? These should the credentials to use.
(2014-11-27, 15:52)bromix Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 15:21)gott_sei_dank Wrote: I am going to ask an incredible dumb question, what information do I need to use to be able to login with this plugin. The original Youtube works but I've never been able to login with this one.

Username/Mail and Password like all other platforms out there. How do you login on YouTube.com directly? These should the credentials to use.

They don't work I copied and pasted them into the settings file, anything else I can do debug. I'm using Arch Linux XBMC 13.2.
(2014-11-27, 16:22)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 15:52)bromix Wrote:

They don't work I copied and pasted them into the settings file, anything else I can do debug. I'm using Arch Linux XBMC 13.2.

Please use the settings dialog of the addon to enter your credentials. The ids for settings are completely different.
(2014-11-27, 16:37)bromix Wrote: Please use the settings dialog of the addon to enter your credentials. The ids for settings are completely different.

I deleted the addons userdata folder to start afresh, entered the credentials using the settings dialog and it still doesn't login. Checked the settings.xml of The Collectives Youtube plugin and it has different credentials using a G+ login, I tried those and still no login. Checked this thread for failed logins and I have the same error as this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid=...pid1846017 with the same cirumstance, no 2 step and the original default Youtube plugin works.

Code:
ERROR: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
Okay...the error of the log has nothing todo with the login problem. But you have a YouTube account or Google+ account? If so, you have to connect the G+ with you YouTube account. This addon doesn't support pure G+ accounts.
(2014-11-27, 19:25)bromix Wrote: Okay...the error of the log has nothing todo with the login problem. But you have a YouTube account or Google+ account? If so, you have to connect the G+ with you YouTube account. This addon doesn't support pure G+ accounts.

One step forward, I decided to change the password of the gmail account I use to login, something must have clicked on Google's end because I can now login, the cavet being it doesn't show the subscriptions of the linked G+ even though it is set as the default on Youtube.
alpha 24
  • ADD: 'Browse Channels'
  • FIX: '/extrafanart/'
(2014-11-27, 02:52)bromix Wrote: Other addons ignore unknown URIs and mostly will return the index or root method. But the framework I'm using will raise an exception if something is unknown to me to avoid possible errors. In this case URIs the addon don't know and for my understanding this behavior is not documented.

Ah, I see. Well thanks for looking into it for us.

FYI, thanks for this YouTube Addon. In combination with Super Favourites, I have several different links on my skin's homescreen linked to various YouTube channels and shortcuts through your addon. It makes things quite handy. And since the official YouTube addon seems never to work correctly when doing this, yours is a great, and even enhanced, alternative.

EDIT: Seems the latest version (YouTube (ALPHA 24) does fix my URI error issue in both Nebula and Confluence Custom Mod (CCM). Thanks.
I like how to add on is looking... I´m now using this youtube addon as my default video addon. Great design and features. Would be great to have this addon translated to multi language and the possibility of addin videos to our playlists not just favourites (actually I dont know where fav are in YT page).
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20