• 21(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
I haven't fully switched over yet, but this addon is looking promising. Especially given all the problems the default app has given me.

Keep up the great work. =)
I really love the look of feel of this addon, looks very polished and great graphics. however since I believe alpha 8, before you took a little break (before the big 2 months) it used to load a hellova lot faster on my Pi. Its lost all its speed both in fetching results and loading clips. for me I only wanted basic functions of alpha 8, do you by any chance have older versions of your addon in some repo?
(2014-11-28, 18:57)MediaPi Wrote: I really love the look of feel of this addon, looks very polished and great graphics. however since I believe alpha 8, before you took a little break (before the big 2 months) it used to load a hellova lot faster on my Pi. Its lost all its speed both in fetching results and loading clips. for me I only wanted basic functions of alpha 8, do you by any chance have older versions of your addon in some repo?
Can you try the settings of the addon and disable 'Channel Fanart'? Will this change the performance? I try some performance tests by my self. Is their a particular part in the addon which is slow?
Thanks for the great addon.

I was going nuts trying to fix Vevo + youtube and this addon+the forwarder has fixed all my problems.
(2014-11-28, 22:00)bromix Wrote: Can you try the settings of the addon and disable 'Channel Fanart'? Will this change the performance? I try some performance tests by my self. Is their a particular part in the addon which is slow?

I will try that and report back.

particular parts that are slow

1/fetching search results of search queries-
this now almost takes as long as the original youtube addon. I remember posting how fast this addon was (near alpha 8 builds) but now I dont get the wow check how fast this is feeling.

2/loading clip after pressing select on the clip
even on my Pi it used to be wait less than a second and it just loads. Now I wait about 3-4 seconds. again seems to be no faster than original addon now.

give me till tommorow to try to see if your proposed change makes a difference. thanks for trying

EDIT also each new feature you add seems to slow it down, an observation that I've noticed on the Pi
(2014-11-27, 19:25)bromix Wrote: Okay...the error of the log has nothing todo with the login problem. But you have a YouTube account or Google+ account? If so, you have to connect the G+ with you YouTube account. This addon doesn't support pure G+ accounts.

(2014-11-27, 20:33)gott_sei_dank Wrote:
(2014-11-27, 19:25)bromix Wrote: Okay...the error of the log has nothing todo with the login problem. But you have a YouTube account or Google+ account? If so, you have to connect the G+ with you YouTube account. This addon doesn't support pure G+ accounts.

One step forward, I decided to change the password of the gmail account I use to login, something must have clicked on Google's end because I can now login, the cavet being it doesn't show the subscriptions of the linked G+ even though it is set as the default on Youtube.

I had to change my password twice. The first change did nothing (it included a special character $ and a capital letter). I changed it a second time to all lowercase text and it worked. I wonder if the password containing special character(s) was the problem?
Hi bromix, sorry if this is documented somewhere and I missed it, but how do you call this addon from another addon. I imagine something like

addon://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/blah

blah I cannot work out.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
if you don't need anymore other youtube addon could try youtube forworder addon from torenvalk. at post 276
Thanks, that's what I was thinking of implementing!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I disabled Channel Fanart, but did not notice any speedup to bringing up search results on my Pi, not sure but it might have helped loading the video. however still nothing like your earlier version..alpha 8. thanks
Still have the unable to login issue. (version 24)

Quote:InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)

I did clean installs/reboots and wiped addon_data several times but i'm unable to login.
(2014-11-29, 04:14)BankerBankson Wrote:

(2014-11-27, 20:33)gott_sei_dank Wrote:

One step forward, I decided to change the password of the gmail account I use to login, something must have clicked on Google's end because I can now login, the cavet being it doesn't show the subscriptions of the linked G+ even though it is set as the default on Youtube.

I had to change my password twice. The first change did nothing (it included a special character $ and a capital letter). I changed it a second time to all lowercase text and it worked. I wonder if the password containing special character(s) was the problem?
Oh man. Thanks for that info. I test this after my return from the city with my girlfriend Wink this could be the problem for some login issues. The encoding could be wrong...ups.
I have 3 ideas after using it for some days now:
- option to set the number of entries for the new videos list separate for the general number of entries per page/channel
- option to exclude channels from this list
- option to de-/activate navigation entries and to sort them

As I see your commit "UPD: removed security warnings of urllib3", it's still logged here:
Code:
10:26:41 1106.232910 T:2781926464   ERROR: /home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
When 'fanart' is enabled, what should I be seeing that's different? My favourite vids look and play exactly the same with it or without. Apologies if this is another silly question!
I miss the channels name in the description.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20