• 23(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-11-30, 15:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: I sat down and played with Alpha 25 for a long time tonight and took some notes. I'd like to start by saying this addon is amazing so far and I am not complaining at all. This is just a lot of things I would like to see in the addon to make it "perfect" and meant to be some food for thought.

1) Auto View - I know this is on the to do list, but obviously it would be huge. For best results, the addon should have several veiws: Videos, Channels, Playlists and Default/Lists.
2) Ability to dislike videos as well as like
3) Icons/Thumbs - The addon should have all icons in multiple sizes, so that when the skin calls for a 16:9 thumb as opposed to a fanart or whatever, it fits all views in all skins. Not sure if this is really workable, as I don't really know how skins call for these images, but it would be amazing.
4) The ability to create playlists and to add videos to playlists
5) Is it possible to make boolean expressions work in search? I would love to be able to narrow results by searching for p[hrases in quotes, or to search with things like: -whatever
6) Under "My Subscriptions", I would like it if only unwatched videos would show up. Maybe an option to toggle "hide watched videos in subscriptions"? Obviously we could still watch any of our subscriptions from the "subscriptions" section, but then "My Subscriptions" would be more like a watchlist
7) Liking videos in the addon does not make them show up in "Liked Videos" section
8) Currently "History" section doesn't seem to save anything. Is this supposed to be recently viewed videos?

Sorry so long. Let me know what you think. Keep up the good work Bromix.

1) Yes, something will come for that...not exactly described by you, because based on each skin this feature isn't so easy as it sounds.
2) Dislike is removing the video from the playlist 'Liked Videos' sorry that this works different from the webpage, but so it is how APIv3 is working
3) No, and I won't even begin with details that are based on each skin.
4) YES! Already on the todo, but first we need to resolve some issues
5) for now no, this is not the kind of search you would do on the webpage. Ever consider a user in front of a normal TV with normal remote (even if it is a HTPC).
6) Use Kodi/XBMX internal functions to filter
7) It could take some time for the server to sync the result with your account. This feature is working...is't the same for Watch Later
8) Yes, but the API is broken since the beginning. Google doesn't allow it to add a watched video to the Watch History (playlist) I don't no why.

(2014-11-30, 16:11)dkplayaclub Wrote: I know, it just gets to be a pain because there is no way to have it work only on specific lists only. Then I am forced to toggle it on and off each time I enter a new area in XBMC. Having it as an option in the addon would make it automatic.

Also, I just looked inside the addon again and I noticed that videos don't seem to be marked as watched within the addon anyways, which may make things difficult either way. Or it may just be another feature to request Smile
It also strikes me that if the addon is not marking videos as watched in YouTube, that might explain why History doesn't seem to track anything.

Some basic background here Smile
What you see on the webpage has nothing to with the History or marking a video watched. This feature doesn't exist in any way. What you see as marked 'Watched' is locally on the PC. Try an Incognito Mode in your browser, watch some videos, they will be marked as watched. Leave the modus and reenter your account. The videos are not marked as 'Watched" anymore. The same will haben if you use a disk-cleaning-tool, to remove cookies and temporal files.
It's also not based on the history of watched videos. If so, why wouldn't a video be marked as 'unwatched' if I remove the video from the list. So ergo, I have no possibility to gather the information from the server, if a video was watched by me. This feature doesn't exist.
I would be happy if so Wink
(2014-11-30, 12:25)cgx_ Wrote: Thanks bromix for this addon!

On alpha 25, I'm getting error when trying to navigate to second page of watch later. "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' "
The first page is working fine.

There is a chance that this was also caused by the OpenElec update to 5.0 beta 5, since the addon and OpenElec was updated about the same time.

On the log I see:
Code:
12:13:35 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:13:36 T:140693690369792   ERROR: [plugin.video.bromix.youtube] Unknown kind ''
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA) failed
12:13:40 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Fixed with the next update Smile
hello again, I came with a problem of multiple channel under the same account, I try the solution you gave to me unfortunalty it didn't work, I made the channel I want to use as the main channel in my youtube account, and in youtube it works well ( when I log in it directs me directly into the good channel) but it did not works with your add on... I even try to uninstall it ( after deleting my mail and password), quit xbmc, re-install the add on, complete the password and mail information but...no still my other channel appears... I'm a bit confused...
I know it is not a major problem but when you get some time to see what's wrong ...
anyway thx for your work and your answer!
cheers
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my ling-winded post. I just 2 questions based on your response. As far as liked videos not showing up in liked section, I have given it several days for some videos and they still don't show. Even with server lag, that seems very long. Also, are you saying that watched will always be empty, as it is not supported or broken in the api? If so, can we just have it hidden, or maybe eventually in options, the ability to show/hide most sections?
Is it possible to get a feature to play a playlist in shuffle mode? And maybe add the play playlist from the context menu when you are not yet inside the playlist if possible.
Sorry, but I have not had time to read thru this entire thread yet.

Login fails Sad
I am not using 2-step verification (that I am aware of)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-11-30, 19:53)pike Wrote: Sorry, but I have not had time to read thru this entire thread yet.

Login fails Sad

I know this will sound crazy but have you any special signs in you password? If so, can you adjust your password until I found some time to implement the other login solution. The ClientLogin of google has some kind of a bug and doesn't respects correct UTF-8 encoding.
(2014-11-30, 19:39)dkplayaclub Wrote: Thank you for taking the time to respond to my ling-winded post. I just 2 questions based on your response. As far as liked videos not showing up in liked section, I have given it several days for some videos and they still don't show. Even with server lag, that seems very long. Also, are you saying that watched will always be empty, as it is not supported or broken in the api? If so, can we just have it hidden, or maybe eventually in options, the ability to show/hide most sections?

Mhmm...okay...it shouldn't take days to sync Smile that's strange. I tested here some likes via the webpage and the addon. Both worked for me as expected. I keep an eye on that. Please feel free to report again if this isn't working.

In the History (Watched History) you should at least see the videos you also would see on the webpage. But I can't add or remove a video to this list even it is a simple playlist. But in the update you can hide the history. I provided settings to hide everything except the search.

(2014-11-30, 19:39)bakito Wrote: hello again, I came with a problem of multiple channel under the same account, I try the solution you gave to me unfortunalty it didn't work, I made the channel I want to use as the main channel in my youtube account, and in youtube it works well ( when I log in it directs me directly into the good channel) but it did not works with your add on... I even try to uninstall it ( after deleting my mail and password), quit xbmc, re-install the add on, complete the password and mail information but...no still my other channel appears... I'm a bit confused...
I know it is not a major problem but when you get some time to see what's wrong ...
anyway thx for your work and your answer!
cheers

I try to figure something out Smile give some time, there are at least to option that could help. But I need some time to test and implement this feature.

(2014-11-30, 19:46)rridder Wrote: Is it possible to get a feature to play a playlist in shuffle mode? And maybe add the play playlist from the context menu when you are not yet inside the playlist if possible.

Shuffle...I think it could work...and you mean play in the context menu, if I have selected a playlist but not yet inside it (but their I would also provide maybe a play?)
(2014-11-30, 19:57)bromix Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 19:53)pike Wrote: Sorry, but I have not had time to read thru this entire thread yet.

Login fails Sad

I know this will sound crazy but have you any special signs in you password? If so, can you adjust your password until I found some time to implement the other login solution. The ClientLogin of google has some kind of a bug and doesn't respects correct UTF-8 encoding.

yes I have a @ in it, otherwise a-Z and numbers
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

1.0.0~alpha26 (2014-10-30)
ADD: hide all entries (except search) via settings in the root menu
ADD: missing pagination for 'My Subscriptions'
FIX: next page is working again (Watch Later)
UPD: disabled language (for now) Kodi isn't providing reliable language IDs
(2014-11-30, 19:33)bromix Wrote:
(2014-11-30, 12:25)cgx_ Wrote: Thanks bromix for this addon!

On alpha 25, I'm getting error when trying to navigate to second page of watch later. "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' "
The first page is working fine.

There is a chance that this was also caused by the OpenElec update to 5.0 beta 5, since the addon and OpenElec was updated about the same time.

On the log I see:
Code:
12:13:35 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
12:13:36 T:140693690369792   ERROR: [plugin.video.bromix.youtube] Unknown kind ''
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA
12:13:40 T:140695625783168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/WLNShXVG1rmA7fwF8_Pg_4hw/?page=2&page_token=CDIQAA) failed
12:13:40 T:140693690369792  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false

Fixed with the next update Smile

Thanks! Works now on watch later... but seems there's similar bug in Subscriptions->[channel with lots of videos]->Next Page (2)
I get the same error message.

What to watch is no more displaying just german videos, so that one is better now Smile
Thanks for your answer!!
Cheers
(2014-11-30, 21:36)bromix Wrote: 1.0.0~alpha26 (2014-10-30)

I'm afraid I am still getting some of the errors which were fixed on Alpha 25 and Alpha 26:

- My Subscriptions only shows the first 50, and gives me no option for going on to the Next Page.
I believe this was something that was fixed in Alpha 26. Unfortunately, the issue persists on my XBMC machines.

- I also get the "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' " error on 'My Channel > Playlists' and 'Playlists.' (That said, I am unsure if I even have any playlists so that might be a reason. Unless 'My Subscriptions' are 'playlists'?)
I believe this was something that was fixed in Alpha 25. However, it is still happening on my XBMCs.
(2014-12-01, 11:59)xbmcwayist Wrote:

I'm afraid I am still getting some of the errors which were fixed on Alpha 25 and Alpha 26:

- My Subscriptions only shows the first 50, and gives me no option for going on to the Next Page.
I believe this was something that was fixed in Alpha 26. Unfortunately, the issue persists on my XBMC machines.

- I also get the "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind '' " error on 'My Channel > Playlists' and 'Playlists.' (That said, I am unsure if I even have any playlists so that might be a reason. Unless 'My Subscriptions' are 'playlists'?)
I believe this was something that was fixed in Alpha 25. However, it is still happening on my XBMCs.

APIv2 only supports the first 50 videos of 'My Subscriptions'. I'm searching for a solution, because APIv3 doesn't provide anything for that.

The error is on my todo, wait for the next update Smile
(2014-12-01, 12:33)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-01, 11:59)xbmcwayist Wrote:

APIv2 only supports the first 50 videos of 'My Subscriptions'. I'm searching for a solution, because APIv3 doesn't provide anything for that.

The error is on my todo, wait for the next update Smile

Oh ok. Well that is a shame. I use 'My Subscriptions' as a shortcut way of linking multiple YouTube Channels into one through your Addon and then Super Favourite a link onto my Main Menu. Anyway, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't aware the APIv2 is the cause for this.

Do you mean the "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind" " issue, or the latter one? Regardless, I look forward to the update! Thanks so much for this.

EDIT: I also just noticed, like someone above, I cannot go to 'Page 2' on a random subscription as well. It pops up the "Exception in ContentProvider, Unknown kind" " issue. I actually never had this issue in versions of your YouTube Addon, I believe, prior to Alpha 25/26.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20