• 28(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Firstly thanks for this plugin, it has replaced the other Youtube plugin on my short cuts. I only need to go in to that one when I want to look at the YouTube Suggests (which seems more relevant than those returned by What To Watch)

I do have a small bug report for the latest release however, the text for 'goto youtube.com.... and enter the code: ' was too long for the skin.I am using ('Metropolis') and the code was not shown - just the text before it.
To fix it I had to open the yt_login.py file and remove some of the text so that it would show me the code. After that I could login.

Also are there any plans to add support for Subscription Groups (sorry Collections) which works similar to the way My Subscriptions currently works? I am subscribed to just enough channels now that the My Subscriptions page can hit its limit after 1 day, so using groups might help reduce this for me.
(2014-12-16, 01:28)dkplayaclub Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 00:22)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-15, 04:31)dkplayaclub Wrote: Forgive me, but I just keep having ideas and I'm not trying to criticize, I just love this addon and want to get the most out of it. I also had the idea that a "now playing" option in the main menu would be really good to have, If a video is playing and you are browsing about it is easy to forget where you found the video originally. With a "now playing" button on main menu users could see the info for the currently playing video in order to like it, add it to a playlist, find related videos etc.

Can you describe your idea more closely, I can not quite follow Sad

Sure. I mean putting an item in the main menu called "Now Playing". When a video is playing from YouTube, it would show the listing for the video that is currently playing. So it would be almost like getting a search result of one video (the one playing). From this listing you could like the video, add it to a playlist, mark it for watch later etc.
It would really come in handy if you forgot where you found the video because you were browsing while it played. I am sure there would be other reasons as well.
Hope that clears it up. Thanks again for taking the time to answer. If you have any questions just let me know.
I see no benefit in this Smile sry, it's not my style to specialize to much functionality over usability.

(2014-12-16, 10:16)nzhook Wrote: Firstly thanks for this plugin, it has replaced the other Youtube plugin on my short cuts. I only need to go in to that one when I want to look at the YouTube Suggests (which seems more relevant than those returned by What To Watch)

I do have a small bug report for the latest release however, the text for 'goto youtube.com.... and enter the code: ' was too long for the skin.I am using ('Metropolis') and the code was not shown - just the text before it.
To fix it I had to open the yt_login.py file and remove some of the text so that it would show me the code. After that I could login.

Also are there any plans to add support for Subscription Groups (sorry Collections) which works similar to the way My Subscriptions currently works? I am subscribed to just enough channels now that the My Subscriptions page can hit its limit after 1 day, so using groups might help reduce this for me.

I will test the skin after work. I tested it with confluence and the 3 lines fit perfectly (they had even enough space for more text). Collections are not supported. Sry Sad Only the web-page is supporting this feature. Neither YouTube TV, APIv1, v2 or v3 are supporting collections (See the following [almost one year old] Issues: 5127 and 5733)
Been using this addon non-stop. I actually get more out of YouTube than I ever did before with it.
Hi,
Thanks for your addon.

Can you make results filter by length time I decide?

for example :
In setting will be scale bar time from 0 minute to 1440 minute.

if i select in this scale bar 15 - 60
only videos is bigger (or =) 15 minute and smaller 60 minute will show in result page.

Thanks.
Comment deleted.
i thought the same but it depends from the skin you are using.
use the default confluence skin to sign in do the trick.
Peppe
Thank you for your hard work....great to have a working youTube addon.

Is it possible to have the playlist automatically play the next video ?
(2014-12-18, 15:41)arm247 Wrote: Is it possible to have the playlist automatically play the next video ?

Yes please, i agree.
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
guys but from a playlist on first item pressing C for contex menu and using "play from here" don't do what you want?
Peppe
(2014-12-18, 18:18)peppe_sr Wrote: guys but from a playlist on first item pressing C for contex menu and using "play from here" don't do what you want?
Peppe

How do you do that if you use Ipad etc as a remote control?
3 * Nvidia Shield + Synology NAS DS218+ LG 77CX6LA + Genelec + RasPi/rAudio + Adam T5V + T7V + T10S - ArcoLinux
I like to use saved searches like "channels". For example, I play the videogame Diablo 3 so I have a "diablo" saved search. I can set it to sort by date, descending. That works fine on a per-page basis. The problem is that it seems to pick videos to list in each page by popularity first and then once it picks the videos to display, it sorts them by whatever I choose. .

So I'll see 1-2 recent Diablo videos, followed by a bunch from 2013. Then I go to the next page, and I see more recent late 2014 diablo videos followed by more old stuff. And I need to keep doing this.

The Youtube website allows users to filter date ranges, so I can only look at videos uploaded in the past day/week/month/year. Any chance of adding that filtering?
Signin problems solved. Many thanks for your hard work
(2014-12-18, 19:17)Raitsa Wrote: How do you do that if you use Ipad etc as a remote control?

If you press the context icon on lower right of Xbmc remote on your iPad for 3sec you can achieve that.
For the past 2-3 days, Youtube (both Bromix and the original plugin) are very slow. Logging in individually takes 15-25 seconds, as does loading my subscriptions and then finally starting a video.

Youtube itself seems to be fine; the youtube roku channel works quickly (but shows ads) and youtube in Chrome browser works fine. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling both Kodi addons and logging out/back in, no dice.

Any idea what's going on?
Working blazing fast in my Asus chromebox and laptop.
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20