• 33(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-12-27, 21:59)Martijn Wrote: You can't test it all until it's in. Same as Kodi itself. You can't expect us to test all possible combination out there. Same with this addon. That's why I only let it in Helix as that wouldn't hit the entire userbase. Once all works I'm sure we can put it in Frodo or Gotham as well depending on when we discard Frodo repo

Martijn,
I'm talking about the addons I support, I don't expect anyone other than myself to test them against and fix them for the new YouTube addon. Just tough to do right now with all the Holiday grog floating around in the head.
one feature that is been missing from the new Youtube addon is the option to 'queue video' from the context menu.
it was very a useful feature on the plugin that added the selected video to the Kodi's 'now playing' playlist, so you can watch it without havng to select it manually later. 'play from here' do something similar, but it adds every video on the list to the playlist instead of only the selected one.
i hope you consider adding this feature back. Smile
thanks.
Since the last update, I get an error every time I try to access any menu item related to my account (Liked, Watch later, etc). Here's the relevant part of the log:

Code:
00:49:08 T:11852   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
00:49:09 T:11852   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\mkl\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "C:\Users\mkl\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 16, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "C:\Users\mkl\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 44, in run
                                                self._add_directory(context, item, item_count)
                                              File "C:\Users\mkl\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 89, in _add_directory
                                                thumbnailImage=directory_item.get_image())
                                            TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:49:09 T:22252   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/PL82F5E50F9AF06ED8/
00:49:09 T:22252   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.youtube/channel/mine/playlist/PL82F5E50F9AF06ED8/) failed

I'm running v12.3 under Windows 7. Any suggestion would be appreciated.
12.3? You know the answer will be 'not supported, update! '
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-28, 06:36)fabiomello Wrote: one feature that is been missing from the new Youtube addon is the option to 'queue video' from the context menu.

Kodi doesn't show the "Queue item" context menu outside of libraries but you can still use the "Queue" keyboard action (default 'Q').

http://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists
Hello!
I'm runnung v14 KODI under windows 8.1 and latest Youtube 5.0.1 beta2. Plugin absolute not work. No videos, no login. Nothing. Error:
19:00:28 T:2052 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnboundLocalError'>
Error Contents: local variable 'response' referenced before assignment
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\runner.py", line 16, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\impl\xbmc\xbmc_runner.py", line 22, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\abstract_provider.py", line 103, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\register_provider_path.py", line 12, in wrapper
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\provider.py", line 238, in _on_play
video_streams = client.get_video_streams(context, video_id)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\client\youtube.py", line 21, in get_video_streams
return video_info.load_stream_infos(video_id)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 60, in load_stream_infos
return self._method_get_video_info(video_id)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\youtube\helper\video_info.py", line 181, in _method_get_video_info
result = client.get(url, params=params, headers=headers)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\client\api.py", line 60, in get
return _request('GET', url, params=params, headers=headers)
File "C:\Users\iptv1\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.youtube\resources\lib\kodion\client\api.py", line 48, in _request
if response.headers.get('Content-Encoding', '').startswith('gzip'):
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'response' referenced before assignment
-->End of Python script error report<--
19:00:28 T:4420 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=K5B6wxjvsgU]
(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 11:11)peppe_sr Wrote: hi brominx, i have a little request for you.
could you add a sort of notification system at the starts of a videos like the one used from AddonScriptorDE in his Youtube Music addon.
i find it really usefull when i play a playlist.
thanks a lot mate, and as always good work.
Peppe
If someone can give me a code-example? Maybe, if I remember correct this was a dirty hack?

i'm not able to share code Confused, do you think to try to add something similar?
Peppe
(2014-12-27, 21:19)jonib Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 12:10)KrzychuG Wrote: The "auto-remove from watch later" doesn't seem to work so far. For over 2 days i have few watched vides that are still on that list.
I look into that Smile
I have a problem with videos not being removed in the Watch later list, but only on later pages (don't know what page the problem starts) I have about 10 pages.
On the first page it seems to work fine. But I was going to do more testing to find out more specifics but that hasn't happened yet. Rolleyes

I just checked it and yes, it works like you wrote. I currently have a 2 pages of my "watch it later" list. If i watch anything from the first page, it's marked as watched and removed automatically. Anything from second page doesn't disappear, even despite being marked as watched already.

While we're in here, would it be possible to add "mark as watched" or "detele from watch it later" list as an option.
This addon is waaaayyy better and faster then the previous!

But a little concerned about giving the loggin abbility to manage my youtube account, what does this mean? Im sure alot of people are hessitant about this?
(2014-12-28, 11:09)kvadratt Wrote: Hello!
I'm runnung v14 KODI under windows 8.1 and latest Youtube 5.0.1 beta2. Plugin absolute not work. No videos, no login. Nothing. Error:

19:00:28 T:4420 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=K5B6wxjvsgU]
Please wait for the beta 3 to test and provide me with a complete log via pastebin.com or similar.

(2014-12-28, 17:34)KrzychuG Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 21:19)jonib Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 17:23)bromix Wrote: I look into that Smile
I have a problem with videos not being removed in the Watch later list, but only on later pages (don't know what page the problem starts) I have about 10 pages.
On the first page it seems to work fine. But I was going to do more testing to find out more specifics but that hasn't happened yet. Rolleyes

I just checked it and yes, it works like you wrote. I currently have a 2 pages of my "watch it later" list. If i want anything from the first page, it's marked as watched and remove. Anything from second page doesn't disappear, even despite being marked as watched already.

While we're in here, wou
ld it be possible to add "mark as watched" or "detele from watch it later" list as an option.
Created an issue and will investigate Wink

For removing videos from the watch later list -> use context menu and select 'remove' Wink

(2014-12-28, 19:24)charliebrown Wrote: This addon is waaaayyy better and faster then the previous!

But a little concerned about giving the loggin abbility to manage my youtube account, what does this mean? Im sure alot of people are hessitant about this?

Thanks Smile and what do mean by that (Loggin)?
(2014-12-28, 19:49)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-28, 11:09)kvadratt Wrote: Hello!

Please wait for the beta 3 to test and provide me with a complete log via pastebin.com or similar.

(2014-12-28, 17:34)KrzychuG Wrote:
(2014-12-27, 21:19)jonib Wrote: I have a problem with videos not being removed in the Watch later list, but only on later pages (don't know what page the problem starts) I have about 10 pages.

I just checked it and yes, it works like you wrote. I currently have a 2 pages of my "watch it later" list. If i want anything from the first page, it's marked as watched and remove. Anything from second page doesn't disappear, even despite being marked as watched already.

While we're in here, wou
ld it be possible to add "mark as watched" or "detele from watch it later" list as an option.
Created an issue and will investigate Wink

For removing videos from the watch later list -> use context menu and select 'remove' Wink

(2014-12-28, 19:24)charliebrown Wrote: This addon is waaaayyy better and faster then the previous!

Thanks Smile and what do mean by that (Loggin)?

When i did login with my account it prompted that the program can acess and manage my youtube account, even when im not using the addon. Kinda new to this login type and just wondering what that means. Im hoping im the only one who has acces to my account.
Ah...no worry Smile You alone have the access to your account. The prompt you see is YouTube TV (APP). It's working like a app of your phone, facebook and so on. We use it, so we can generate a token on behalf of your account, so we can access the data of the YouTube account. It's like a login without password, because you're already logged in with your credentials, to enter the code. I hope this helps?
Yeah that kinda cleared it up Smile thx for quick respons and a fully great working youtube addon!
Is there some way to see the number of views a video has and/or sort by that? I'm looking for a "most viewed" page like the previous addon had.

Thanks
Still not work. There log http://pastebin.com/1ZZXtrKk
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20