• 34(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Are you using a proxy?
No proxy. This is fresh Win 8.1 installation.
(2014-12-28, 19:24)charliebrown Wrote: This addon is waaaayyy better and faster then the previous!

But a little concerned about giving the loggin abbility to manage my youtube account, what does this mean? Im sure alot of people are hessitant about this?

It´s a cool feature that was implemented by Google itself in www.youtube.com/tv

NOTE: I´d like to make my request to have the same blur background as youtube tv. The change pictures every time you enter Youtube site the first time (optional).
Please update to beta4 if you are one of the beta-tester Smile I reverted some stuff (I tried to get rid of the requests module, because the import of the module is slowing things down)
Hi bromix. Just noticed the origonal Youtube app has been replaced by yours. Was this supposed to happen.
Would like it if I can have both if poss.
thanks
(2014-12-29, 19:17)k_zeon Wrote: Hi bromix. Just noticed the origonal Youtube app has been replaced by yours. Was this supposed to happen.
thanks

Was to supposed to yes (starting with KODI - all version before will ship with the other addon) Smile
Both isn't possible anymore. What is missing that you want to run both addons?
(2014-12-29, 19:32)bromix Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 19:17)k_zeon Wrote: Hi bromix. Just noticed the origonal Youtube app has been replaced by yours. Was this supposed to happen.
thanks

Was to supposed to yes (starting with KODI - all version before will ship with the other addon) Smile
Both isn't possible anymore. What is missing that you want to run both addons?

Hi bromix. thanks for reply. Nothing missing. Its just that the previous version has been around for so long.
Didn't know that it has been superseded. Also if there are 2 addons then each may have different ways
of creating addon. also competition breeds innovation.

anyway. great addon and all works well.
keep up the brilliant work
Competition did breed innovation. The creators of the old addon stopped development. Bromix developed a new addon and is actively developing. Voila.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
one thing that i did ask before was to be able to have multiple user loggin. can you not create a setting where you can add users and then
do the logging thing to create a token for specific user.
If only one user exists then log straight in otherwise show user selection and then select user login.

do you think you might be able to do this. If not then ok.

thanks.
Hi on the old version the studio tag contained the name of the youtube channel. Now this is blank. Is it possible to have this back?

For example. ContainerItem.Studio and VideoPlayer.Studio would contain the name of the current channel.
(2014-12-29, 20:35)timwall Wrote: Hi on the old version the studio tag contained the name of the youtube channel. Now this is blank. Is it possible to have this back?

For example. ContainerItem.Studio and VideoPlayer.Studio would contain the name of the current channel.

Now I know what I was missing Smile this is the 'studio' tag of the video item right?
Yes. The studio tag. It would be filled with the name of the youtube channel.
(2014-12-29, 20:51)timwall Wrote: Yes. The studio tag. It would be filled with the name of the youtube channel.

I added something Smile I could only test the 'artist' tag (using confluence - which skin are you using?). I set the 'studio' and 'artist' tag.
(2014-12-29, 04:21)joeshmoe Wrote: Is there some way to see the number of views a video has and/or sort by that? I'm looking for a "most viewed" page like the previous addon had.

Thanks

I can get the view count for a video, but the quota is "2" for that request (APIv2 hasn't really a quota). Also, if we set the play count of a video, the video will be marked as watched in KODI. The "dirty" solution to display the view count in the plot/description. But I have to think about that.
"most viewed" is "Most popular on YouTube". With APIv3 some things change Smile

(2014-12-29, 12:04)kvadratt Wrote: Still not work. There log http://pastebin.com/1ZZXtrKk

Is beta~4 for you working?
Just updated to the new version and openelec5 but am not able to splay live streams.

Stream I am trying to pay is Sky News Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYlQJbsVs48

Anybody having this problem?

All other videos play fine
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20