• 37(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2014-12-31, 17:57)wphj1 Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 17:40)bromix Wrote: Nope sorry. The API only allows 50 for the subscriptions Sad I hope Google will fix this next year.

thx for the fast response.
is there a form or an email for such requests at google?
i think the more people complain, the faster they will fix that
The GData-Board is full with requests regarding APIv3. Especially methods to retrieve subscriptions. I'm posting almost every month a bug. So don't bother. I would wait because next year APIv2 will be shut down and they must do something. So my hopes are up that we will have a solution next year with v3.
bromix, rename in translated folder Portuguese (Brazil), have a typo error

stringx.xml for strings.xml

Thanks,
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
I recently reinstalled Kodi - When attempting to sign in, I'm getting a blank space where the "youtube.com/activate" code should be:

Is there any way to generate a code manually, or any other way around this?
I'm also stuck on a 'Sign In' loading screen with no code.

Also, how do you do the old 'Play from this file' for when you want to do uninterrupted sequential playlist playback?

Thanks
(2014-12-31, 20:59)jcice Wrote: I recently reinstalled Kodi - When attempting to sign in, I'm getting a blank space where the "youtube.com/activate" code should be:

Is that confluence? I found the appearance of the code was skin dependent.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-12-31, 21:18)nickr Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 20:59)jcice Wrote: I recently reinstalled Kodi - When attempting to sign in, I'm getting a blank space where the "youtube.com/activate" code should be:

Is that confluence? I found the appearance of the code was skin dependent.

Yup, that was it - switched to Transparency and the code showed up fine - Thanks so much!
Thanks for the great addon.
is there anyway yet to swtich to my other youtube account?
since youtube swtiched to google+ authentication. i can't seem to login to my default youtube account.

on the previous version of youtube addon, this post fixed it for me.

any tips on what to do?

thanks.
Thank you very much for your work. In the previous version, I could set the Quality to "Ask" instead of just either SD or HD in the current version. It's not really a big deal, but sometimes it's better to choose the quality first before streaming, like HD we have 720p or 1080p and SD we have 240-360-480p.
II just upgraded to 14.0 and tried to log into my account with this addon, and all of my subscriptions and such are empty lists. Is this because I haven't upgraded my Youtube account to a Google+ one?

Edit: Yep, that was the problem. Looks like Google finally lets you keep your YouTube alias when linking to a Google+ account, so I did that and it works.
Getting a message telling me there is an update available for YouTube. If I download the update I get a message telling me it's updated, but there is still always an available update.
I am guessing this is an issue with the addon being on multiple repos. Can you please remove YouTube from your repo so it doesn't conflict with the official repo?
I could just remove your repo, but YouTube is not the only addon of yours I use, so I would like to avoid it.
Same here.
(2015-01-01, 00:46)dkplayaclub Wrote: Getting a message telling me there is an update available for YouTube. If I download the update I get a message telling me it's updated, but there is still always an available update.
I am guessing this is an issue with the addon being on multiple repos. Can you please remove YouTube from your repo so it doesn't conflict with the official repo?
I could just remove your repo, but YouTube is not the only addon of yours I use, so I would like to avoid it.
It has nothing to do with 2 Repos. Gotham and KODI have some issues to update from a beta to a final. I tested it with KODI and Gotham and some times if not most of the time the update from beta to final loops.
Simple solution in this case: Uninstall YouTube and install again and everything is fine.

I think about another way to test new versions of YouTube before PR the final update.
(2014-12-31, 21:56)nuaimat Wrote: Thanks for the great addon.
is there anyway yet to swtich to my other youtube account?
since youtube swtiched to google+ authentication. i can't seem to login to my default youtube account.

on the previous version of youtube addon, this post fixed it for me.

any tips on what to do?

thanks.
Is your G+ connected? If not do so ( see post below yours) After that you can choose with the new login which account you want to use ( I have for example two accounts and can select with the new login which one should be my default).

(2014-12-31, 21:13)Vefom Wrote: I'm also stuck on a 'Sign In' loading screen with no code.

Also, how do you do the old 'Play from this file' for when you want to do uninterrupted sequential playlist playback?

Thanks
Context menu and 'Play all' after that you can choose default, reverse or shuffle.
Works on 'Watch Later' and 'Liked videos' on root and on every and in every playlist.
Sorry if this has been answered already. Is it possible to change the sortorder for playlists so I get the latest entries first and don't have to go to page10 every time I want to check my latest added entries to some of my playlists ?

Keep up the good work and Happy New 2015!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

@bromix

It might be a Bug.
When I'm calling the plugin via:

plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/?video_id=234kie23dki

I don't get any further information about the requested video inside the Kodi Player.
No videotitle or thumbnail.

Do we have to pass more parameters to the function?

Regards
Simon
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20