• 40(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
Hey Bromix,

Will the plugin be able to show the subtitles from Youtube in the future updates? Old versions used to do this but subs sort of overlapped. Old lines did not disappear, new ones just kept being written on top.

And I also got the plugin installation error and it did not update to 5.0.1 but I will try the solution you suggested in the above posts. Thanks!
Hello, Bromix.

Thanks for the plugin. I wanna ask for subtitles support too.

Thanks.
(2015-01-02, 11:42)leckylao Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:19)kromos Wrote: I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search
Code:
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
17:06:45 T:2748812096   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
                                                runner.run(__provider__)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 16, in run
                                                __RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 44, in run
                                                self._add_directory(context, item, item_count)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 89, in _add_directory
                                                thumbnailImage=directory_item.get_image())
                                            TypeError: argument "thumbnailImage" for method "XBMCAddon::xbmcgui::ListItem" must be unicode or str
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja
17:06:46 T:3037375168   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=moherowy%20ninja) failed
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:06:46 T:2748812096  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

You're not using KODI or Gotham right? This seems to me a bug in Frodo. Please consider updating at least to Gotham and provide always complete logs.

Hi, I have the same issue and I am using Frodo. The problem is the directory_item image is None. So here's my quick ifx:

if directory_item.get_image() is not None:
item = xbmcgui.ListItem(label=directory_item.get_name(),
iconImage=u'DefaultFolder.png',
else:
thumbnailImage="")

I think the new API might handle the None image but for old API still need to check if it's None image

Hi i am a newbie and am on Frodo having the same issue Confused May i know how to apply the above fix as in which folder/file to edit?
(2015-01-02, 11:42)leckylao Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:45)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 18:19)kromos Wrote: I've gote some error in playlist longer then 50 and search

You're not using KODI or Gotham right? This seems to me a bug in Frodo. Please consider updating at least to Gotham and provide always complete logs.

Hi, I have the same issue and I am using Frodo. The problem is the directory_item image is None. So here's my quick ifx:

if directory_item.get_image() is not None:
else:
thumbnailImage="")

I think the new API might handle the None image but for old API still need to check if it's None image

Yes, this code fix the problem. Thanks a lot.
In nearest weeks I have no time to upgrade xbmc (I plan to upgrade the whole system) and this quick fix works well.

To pinelights: you must edit :/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py above line 44. (begining of path may be diferent)
At the start of def _add_directory you must replace
Code:
withe the code posted by leckylao.
Or perheps in newest version it's done.
Hey there, i am using my PC to send multiple Youtubelinks to Kodis Youtube-Addon, so that i can whatch them one after another without user interaction. I am logged in on my PC and i am logged in the Youtube Addon on Kodi. Is there a way that the watched videos are added to the "Recently watched" list? Sometimes there is a video that i really like and want to send it to others, but i am not sure which one it was because i can't search for it in my watched list.

Thank you
(2015-01-03, 02:51)kromos Wrote: To pinelights: you must edit :/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py above line 44. (begining of path may be diferent)
At the start of def _add_directory you must replace
Code:
withe the code posted by leckylao.
Or perheps in newest version it's done.

Thks for the help but i decided to just upgrade Frodo to Kodi before you posted and all is fine Nod
(2015-01-01, 20:29)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 20:19)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 19:07)bromix Wrote: This I'm already using...and that's the problem Wink This works on all playlists (even Watch Later)...but not for the History. Thanks for your feedback Smile

Thanks for the info. I have reported it as a problem to Google, hopefully that will help us get a fix Smile

Where and how did you report this?

On the API resource page under the 'connect' heading at the bottom of the page I pressed 'report an issue' and did it that way.

I'm stuck on the 5.0.1 problem package too, using Openelec with Raspberry Pi I have cleared out the cached file but it keeps downloading the broken package.
Hi ! I have an Apple tv2 with xbmc koi gotham and i have a update for pluggin vidéo youtube 5.0.1 but i can't upgrade Huh
If i click to upgrade this plug can't upgrade ? It's normal ? Thank's and happy new year ;-)
(2015-01-03, 14:01)ggkameleon Wrote: Hi ! I have an Apple tv2 with xbmc koi gotham and i have a update for pluggin vidéo youtube 5.0.1 but i can't upgrade Huh
If i click to upgrade this plug can't upgrade ? It's normal ? Thank's and happy new year ;-)

Please see post

(2015-01-03, 13:46)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 20:29)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 20:19)laptopu Wrote: Thanks for the info. I have reported it as a problem to Google, hopefully that will help us get a fix Smile

Where and how did you report this?

On the API resource page under the 'connect' heading at the bottom of the page I pressed 'report an issue' and did it that way.

I'm stuck on the 5.0.1 problem package too, using Openelec with Raspberry Pi I have cleared out the cached file but it keeps downloading the broken package.

Please see post
First of, thanks a lot for a great add-on!

I have a small, perhaps already answered question, is there any way to map next & previous chapter buttons to skip videos back and forth in their entirety? Right now, it just skips short periods, at a time.
Hi,

the "old" plugin had some nifty features like editable search and a download option. Any plans to add ?

Greetz

LCS
HTPC Specs: Silverstone GD05B Case, ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3, i5-3470S, GT1030, 8 GB RAM , 2 TB HDD, iHOS104 BluRay Drive, TT DVBS2-1600, Sony PS3 BD Remote control
PS3 BD Remote Control Daemon for Kodi/Linux
UNCHAINED Demo Group
(2015-01-03, 15:23)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 14:01)ggkameleon Wrote: Hi ! I have an Apple tv2 with xbmc koi gotham and i have a update for pluggin vidéo youtube 5.0.1 but i can't upgrade Huh

Please see post

(2015-01-03, 13:46)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-01, 20:29)bromix Wrote: Where and how did you report this?

Please see post

Thanks, still a no go for me afraid. Followed info in that post and there was no version number, folder is already named plugin.video.youtube. Tried pulling zip file from https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube and placing this directly in /addons/packages folder and still came up installation failed, it's like the old file is still on the repo.
(2015-01-03, 19:42)LastCoder Wrote: Hi,

the "old" plugin had some nifty features like editable search and a download option. Any plans to add ?

Greetz

LCS

+1
(2015-01-03, 21:17)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 15:23)bromix Wrote:

Please see post

(2015-01-03, 13:46)laptopu Wrote: On the API resource page under the 'connect' heading at the bottom of the page I pressed 'report an issue' and did it that way.

Please see post

Thanks, still a no go for me afraid. Followed info in that post and there was no version number, folder is already named plugin.video.youtube. Tried pulling zip file from https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube and placing this directly in /addons/packages folder and still came up installation failed, it's like the old file is still on the repo.
Please try this one:
https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...0.3-b1.zip

(2015-01-03, 19:25)igjunk Wrote: First of, thanks a lot for a great add-on!

I have a small, perhaps already answered question, is there any way to map next & previous chapter buttons to skip videos back and forth in their entirety? Right now, it just skips short periods, at a time.
If you play videos with 'Play from here' or 'Play all' this will work. But it has nothing to do with the addon itself if next or prev. is working.

(2015-01-03, 19:42)LastCoder Wrote: Hi,

Greetz

LCS
Download not for now. But what editable search settings?
(2015-01-03, 21:40)bromix Wrote: Please try this one:
https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...0.3-b1.zip

That worked thanks Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20