• 41(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-01-03, 21:57)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 21:40)bromix Wrote: Please try this one:
https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...0.3-b1.zip

That worked thanks Smile

This did not work for me. It updated but script still failed.
Hi there,

I'm using this add-on since I installed Helix a week ago,
I tried all versions 5beta 5.0 5.0.1 5.0.2 and with all of them I have serious crash issues.

When I try to play multiple videos using "play from here" after a few videos Lodi crashes.
I'm using the Mac version on Yosemite.

I must say that sometimes it crashes while browsing the addon menus as well.

I'd really like to use this addon' features but now it is very unusable.
What info do I need to provide in order for this to be researched ?

One more issue I've got is when I'm trying to see my playlists, it does not do anything.
(2015-01-03, 22:23)lowrider3121 Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 21:57)laptopu Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 21:40)bromix Wrote: Please try this one:
https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.y...0.3-b1.zip

That worked thanks Smile

This did not work for me. It updated but script still failed.
Failed how? in cases of script errors please provide a complete log.

(2015-01-03, 22:25)yonika Wrote: Hi there,

I'm using this add-on since I installed Helix a week ago,
I tried all versions 5beta 5.0 5.0.1 5.0.2 and with all of them I have serious crash issues.

When I try to play multiple videos using "play from here" after a few videos Lodi crashes.
I'm using the Mac version on Yosemite.

I must say that sometimes it crashes while browsing the addon menus as well.

I'd really like to use this addon' features but now it is very unusable.
What info do I need to provide in order for this to be researched ?

One more issue I've got is when I'm trying to see my playlists, it does not do anything.
Logs please. It doesn't help only to say it crashes.
Hello all, I have KODI running on three different devices. One on a Windows machine and two on standalone Asus chromebox running openelec. One of the Asus machines is getting an error trying to install the new 5.0.1 plug. The current version is Bromix 5.0 and when it tries to update it keeps saying video plug installation has failed. My other Asus machine and Windows installation are both updated to 5.0.1 without any problems. I'm very new to the KODI world and have not figured out how to run a log on the Asus machines or I would have attached. Is there an easy way to get this fixed? I have since turned off auto updates so I would have to keep getting the error. YouTube itself works great but will not update....Thanks for all the help!!
(2015-01-03, 23:26)bromix Wrote: Logs please. It doesn't help only to say it crashes.

That's what I was asking.
Where do I get the logs from ?
10x
(2015-01-04, 00:00)VTXRaider Wrote: Hello all, I have KODI running on three different devices. One on a Windows machine and two on standalone Asus chromebox running openelec. One of the Asus machines is getting an error trying to install the new 5.0.1 plug. The current version is Bromix 5.0 and when it tries to update it keeps saying video plug installation has failed. My other Asus machine and Windows installation are both updated to 5.0.1 without any problems. I'm very new to the KODI world and have not figured out how to run a log on the Asus machines or I would have attached. Is there an easy way to get this fixed? I have since turned off auto updates so I would have to keep getting the error. YouTube itself works great but will not update....Thanks for all the help!!
Is this the machine with vpn problems?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=212711

(2015-01-04, 00:25)yonika Wrote:
(2015-01-03, 23:26)bromix Wrote: Logs please. It doesn't help only to say it crashes.

10x
Nobody is using the search anymore Wink
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced#Location
(2015-01-04, 02:14)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 00:00)VTXRaider Wrote: Hello all, I have KODI running on three different devices. One on a Windows machine and two on standalone Asus chromebox running openelec. One of the Asus machines is getting an error trying to install the new 5.0.1 plug. The current version is Bromix 5.0 and when it tries to update it keeps saying video plug installation has failed. My other Asus machine and Windows installation are both updated to 5.0.1 without any problems. I'm very new to the KODI world and have not figured out how to run a log on the Asus machines or I would have attached. Is there an easy way to get this fixed? I have since turned off auto updates so I would have to keep getting the error. YouTube itself works great but will not update....Thanks for all the help!!

(2015-01-04, 00:25)yonika Wrote:

10x

Yes/no on the vpn. I was unsuccessful in getting either of my Asus chromeboxes to use the vpn. The strange part is one machine is is at 5.0.1 and the other is at 5.0 and is failing to update. As far as the logs I can generate logs on my windows machine but my chromebox just runs openelec KODI, so I can't do anything on the machine except run KODI, it was a standalone install. If I was able to get to the shared files I would probably have gotten the vpn working as I had zero problems with my windows machine....thanks!
(2015-01-04, 02:26)VTXRaider Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 02:14)bromix Wrote:

(2015-01-04, 00:25)yonika Wrote: That's what I was asking.
10x

Yes/no on the vpn. I was unsuccessful in getting either of my Asus chromeboxes to use the vpn. The strange part is one machine is is at 5.0.1 and the other is at 5.0 and is failing to update. As far as the logs I can generate logs on my windows machine but my chromebox just runs openelec KODI, so I can't do anything on the machine except run KODI, it was a standalone install. If I was able to get to the shared files I would probably have gotten the vpn working as I had zero problems with my windows machine....thanks!
You can try to follow this guide:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

And maybe use Log Uploader.
(2015-01-04, 02:32)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 02:26)VTXRaider Wrote:
(2015-01-04, 02:14)bromix Wrote: Is this the machine with vpn problems?

You can try to follow this guide:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

And maybe use Log Uploader.

Thanks for the instructions. I got as far as hitting the ok to email my debug log and it said script failure. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated

thanks

I made a change in the Internet settings and it looks like it now allowed me to email the log to myself. Once I get it I will copy the link.thanks
I was wrong on the KODI log uploader, every time I try and email the log I get a script error. I'm not sure where to go now. I tried reinstalling the uploader but that didn't work either. It's definately a problem with my machines as I tested the log uploader just now on my windows machine and everything worked perfectly. Is it time to try out the fresh start addon and wipe my machine clean? I hope not but if that is what I have to do to get my system running correctly I will.

Thanks!
This should work and yes only starting with Helix.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=[URL_ENCODED_QUERY]
[/quote]

I installed the latest version and tried the above with Gotham 12.3 but it did not work - no error even. I called the plugin from the latest version of LiveStreamsPro.

Here's what I used: plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Any ideas?

Also is it possible to call the plugin to return a list from a subscription via an addon and not from youtube itself? same goes with a playlist.
I know I can launch the youtube app to play a single video if I pass the video id but I am looking to call the addon to launch youtube and return the subscribed channel or playlist.

Thanks in advance.
I did an openelec soft reset which basically started me over as I had to reinstall all of my addons etc... The good news is my youtube is now updated to 5.0.1. I did try doing a debugging log and I still get a script error when I try and email the log. Any ideas? It does work on my other windows machine.

Thanks
Forget the debug log addon. Copy/paste to your favourite pastebin site.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Quote:I installed the latest version and tried the above with Gotham 12.3 but it did not work - no error even. I called the plugin from the latest version of LiveStreamsPro.

Here's what I used: plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Any ideas?

Also is it possible to call the plugin to return a list from a subscription via an addon and not from youtube itself? same goes with a playlist.
I know I can launch the youtube app to play a single video if I pass the video id but I am looking to call the addon to launch youtube and return the subscribed channel or playlist.

Thanks in advance.

The ID was wrong.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=latin+signal+jaime+bayly

Returning only lists or other results no. But you can play a playlist with:
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.youtube/play/playlist_id=[PLID]
Hello,

thanks for bringing some new development to this add-on!

One request: would it be possible to have an option to toggle 'mark this video as watched/unwatched'?
I noticed that after I updated the add-on to 5.0 I lost the markings for what I watched before, and it would be handy to set that marking again in a simple way.

Question: I see some of the videos are shown as 'Publishing date: 31-12-1969'. From where does the funky date originates? (looks like related to Unix epoch).
Perhaps it would make sense to avoid showing this info if the detected publishing date is before ~2005 (=when Youtube has been founded)
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20