• 57(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
any way to get your awesome add on working on Frodo? I get dependencies not met message when I try to install from your repo. If not, ill bit the bullet finally and upgrade my system.
Why would anyone be running Frodo at this point? Just sayin'
hey bromix, is it possible to increase the ammount of videos showed? For ex. I want to see my subscription videos of the last 3 days but it only shows the last 50 and there is no way to increase it in the configuration or a next page to load more videos.
(2015-01-20, 06:28)trick91 Wrote: any way to get your awesome add on working on Frodo? I get dependencies not met message when I try to install from your repo. If not, ill bit the bullet finally and upgrade my system.

Pls, put logs in pastebin.
(2015-01-20, 01:06)dr.pepper12 Wrote: Hello,
I have been trying to get the live video working but it doesnt seem to work.
Has not worked for a few weeks and has not worked since the new beta release that you put up yesterday

Here is the log file..

http://pastebin.com/mbDGY1nV

Specifically look at 22:57 - Skipping unplayable item

PS. Im trying to get Sky News Live working - was using the Otter video to test other live streams, dont judge Wink Wink Wink

Yes, it has to do with Android-Like systems. I can't play live streams on my android either. The demuxer is failing what tells me, that the format isn't supported. I try to find a solution, but at the moment live streams are not looking good for these platforms.

(2015-01-20, 06:28)trick91 Wrote: any way to get your awesome add on working on Frodo? I get dependencies not met message when I try to install from your repo. If not, ill bit the bullet finally and upgrade my system.
Sorry no Wink I won't maintain 3 platforms (Frodo, Gotham and Helix).

(2015-01-20, 07:32)fedex-bermu Wrote: hey bromix, is it possible to increase the ammount of videos showed? For ex. I want to see my subscription videos of the last 3 days but it only shows the last 50 and there is no way to increase it in the configuration or a next page to load more videos.

Sorry no, APIv2 only supports up to 50 videos and the pagination is broken in this part, because parts of the APIv2 will be shutting down by google. I hope they provide an alternative with APIv3 till May 2015 *FingersCrossed*
(2015-01-19, 23:20)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 22:39)sprazzi Wrote: On my apple tv 2 kodi 14.0 i have alway buffering issues.
any tip please?
thanks
Reduce the resolution/video quality of the addon to compare if this is a problem of bandwidth.

I have the same buffering issues on 240p, 360p and 480p...
tried to higher the cache from within the addon without luck.
I use to watch always the same cartoons with my kid, and i know i was able to watch them flawlessly....before...
before...what?
i dont know if the addon changed or the upgrade to 14.0 helix broke the magic Smile

thanks for your work anyway
(2015-01-20, 23:05)sprazzi Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 23:20)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-19, 22:39)sprazzi Wrote: On my apple tv 2 kodi 14.0 i have alway buffering issues.
any tip please?
thanks
Reduce the resolution/video quality of the addon to compare if this is a problem of bandwidth.

I have the same buffering issues on 240p, 360p and 480p...
tried to higher the cache from within the addon without luck.
I use to watch always the same cartoons with my kid, and i know i was able to watch them flawlessly....before...
before...what?
i dont know if the addon changed or the upgrade to 14.0 helix broke the magic Smile

thanks for your work anyway

Lower Video-Quality/Resolution means less bandwidth. That means the problem is more local (KODI). The addon isn't responsible for buffering a video (we already excluded it, by changing the video quality). The setting you adjusted is for caching metadata only, not video buffering. Cache and Buffer are different things.

In your case I would try out Gotham 13.2 to compare the behavior to Kodi.
Loving the latest changes, particularly the watch history fix. Using Helix with Openelec on R-Pi.
bromix, just made a youtube account and signed in from your addon. first amazing process to sign in so simple and fast! second love the history section you added. amazing addon. thankyou!!!!!!!!
I may be missing something but in the old youtube add-on i can click on "Trailer" button in the Info screen and it used to play from youtube but with this new addon it just goes to youtube addon and stops. Is there anything i need to do to fix it?
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
(2015-01-23, 16:00)hunkyn Wrote: I may be missing something but in the old youtube add-on i can click on "Trailer" button in the Info screen and it used to play from youtube but with this new addon it just goes to youtube addon and stops. Is there anything i need to do to fix it?

Provide me with a log Wink after you tried to play a trailer, so I can see what URI is called.
(2015-01-23, 16:20)bromix Wrote:
(2015-01-23, 16:00)hunkyn Wrote: I may be missing something but in the old youtube add-on i can click on "Trailer" button in the Info screen and it used to play from youtube but with this new addon it just goes to youtube addon and stops. Is there anything i need to do to fix it?

Provide me with a log Wink after you tried to play a trailer, so I can see what URI is called.

Nevermind i just tested after 10 days and it does not have the issue anymore. I will update with a log if i come across the issue again.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
I've installed this Youtube plugin in Kodi 14.0 and after entering the code on youtube.com/activate, the videos will not play. Any time I try to play a video, I get a "Playback failed, check log" message.

Any ideas what might be causing that?

EDIT:
SOLUTION:
(2013-02-27, 23:18)oldpoem Wrote: Add this line in playercoreactory.xml solved some problems with youtube plugin.
<rule name="youtube" filename=".*youtube.*" player="DVDPlayer" />

Thank you bromix for pointing me in the right direction Wink
Code:
ERROR: CDSPlayer::Process - Failed creating DS Graph

The problem seems to be the Player for directshow. Normally the videos should work with ffmpeg. If this is using DS then configure your codecs correctly. Also I found some problems regarding the DSPlayer - maybe you can find some help there.
Enjoying the add-on, Quick couple questions.

1. Is there anyway that you can add a way to force a refresh of the playlist. I added 3 playlists and the had to log out and log back in. I dont normally have a keyboard and mouse around so i can't launch a browser to log in. This is something i would really love to have.

2. Did you plan to re-add the download section, i noticed you said that might not happen. I did see someone created a youtube-dl addon, addon. Would it be possible to use that if you don't plan to add it back in. Honestly though this is an extra thing and not important to me.

I appreciate your time and the great add-on you've written!
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20